follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #827
CoryUyede
NisSubuGuru?

Drives: 2011 Subaru WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopyalien24 View Post
You sir.. have owned many of my favorite cars. Dat kouki, and dat wrx sti

My kouki unfortunately got written off, I made the mistake of just getting winter tires for it and letting it stay a DD instead of Grounding it for winter . Changed lanes on a patch of black ice, tail slid out, couldn't bring it back, right into a light post . That was 6 years ago. If that didn't happen, my problem NOW would be to get a brz/frs or KEEP the s14...heh I've been through alot of Cars, nothing has been the same. The 350z wasnt as fun as i thought it'd be, and My Sti AND WRX , both stage 2, are/were beasts...but they both lack something...

Past to Present
CoryUyede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #828
rmagic

Drives: evo x
Quote:
Originally Posted by netster007x View Post
I'm surprised by all the griping about not enough luxuries in the Scion. Personally, I'm glad it doesn't have dual zone AC or things like that. Helps make the car what it was intended to be, an affordable sports coupe.

The car has all the important things -- AC, cruise, power windows, AM/FM/CD/MP3 player audio system. Looks like this thing even comes stock with HD radio!

We went through this back and forth for so many times but most complaints are not about dual zone AC or luxuries. It's about Toyota or Scion just did a bad job designing the FRS interior, that was the most disappointing. I know we have the option to buy the BRZ but they should have done a better job so most of the fans who are waiting long time for this car don't have to pay the extra price for BRZ. I personally think GT86 has a very nice, simple, and modern design, while FRS has a more outdated-looking interior, which it shouldn't for a car that's coming out in 2012. But all is good, at least we have the option, and I hope FRS will have the option as well.
rmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #829
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
You do see that literally the only difference in in the HVAC controls right? You also realize if Scion sold it like the GT86 that it would cost exactly as much as the BRZ right?

#sigh.
The 'FT' stands for 'forgot topic'.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #830
Torquesteered

Drives: 07 fusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
You do see that literally the only difference in in the HVAC controls right? You also realize if Scion sold it like the GT86 that it would cost exactly as much as the BRZ right?

#sigh.
There is more different then the hvac controls, there is an obvious difference in the plastcs, and the 86 has the leather/alacantra on the dash and the doors as well. It doesn't bother me much, but lets not pretend there is no diff.
Torquesteered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #831
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
yea the difference is one is high spec the other is low spec

people are complaining about this I`m not sure they know that anyone that gets the this is the striped down model it was even shown in the leak Japanese brochures. It makes prefect sense why the subie would be the high spec and the scion be the low spec in north america. Had the scion had the high spec stuff why even buy the MORE expensive subie and if the Scion was priced too high to make up for the high spec equipment then it would eat BRZ sales as well as go against Scion whole reasonable price car for young people shtick

less complaining and more waiting for the 1) the options list from scion and 2) just buy BRZ centre console and do a swap I`m sure someone will do this and there will be a DIY hell I know I`m gonna try this one day
Old 12-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #832
daphaze1

Drives: Prius
Because for me its a brand preference issue. I have had Toyota all my life.

Now they are forcing me to go another route. There are certain things I care about as standard.

Lights HID ( Help me see better)
GPS (Less Frustration) - and I love the phone intergrations on the toyotas over the knock offs
Back-up camera (less blind spots- some are better then others, I don't want to hit anyone and driving is a privilege)
Heat warmers its nice but not needed, but would love it. I live in the desert and its cold so yeah when its below freezing, I'm cold!

Factory warranty is so much easier on these things. The rest of the TRD I more then welcome the options! Tires exausts etc switches etc. But I don't want to change out an entire console just to fit the things I want in.

1-2k for safety, is something I'm all up for. If people want it on and the track and want to take it out, I rather have that. They are the ones that have the money or can drive better anyways. I rather people have a safer driving experience. Los Angeles doesn't need kids who think they can drive better causing the most accidents and complaining about old asian lady drivers or old drivers.

And the reason I'm complaining is cause Scion usually only has one trim. =/ I can only cross my fingers and wait for a different official announcement

Last edited by daphaze1; 12-06-2011 at 11:54 PM.
daphaze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:50 PM   #833
mx5apex

Drives: 2010 Mazda 3 hatch
Why wouldn't scion have all the options available as subaru or the GT86. They're in it to make money too. They just start with a very base car for the buyer to expand on.
mx5apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:45 AM   #834
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx5apex View Post
Why wouldn't scion have all the options available as subaru or the GT86. They're in it to make money too. They just start with a very base car for the buyer to expand on.
You just made a redundant statement that has no inherent value, Mr. Matsuda.

Not many in or outside of Toyota/ Scion have an idea for options thus far...

I would suggest waiting until January 9th-22nd for the Detroit Auto Show for (maybe) the options list, MSRP, OEM accessories, and official sale date for the FR-S
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #835
mx5apex

Drives: 2010 Mazda 3 hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
You just made a redundant statement that has no inherent value, Mr. Matsuda.

Not many in or outside of Toyota/ Scion have an idea for options thus far...

I would suggest waiting until January 9th-22nd for the Detroit Auto Show for (maybe) the options list, MSRP, OEM accessories, and official sale date for the FR-S
We'll see if I'm right soon enough.
mx5apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #836
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
I'm not sure they'd have HIDs as just an option due to DOT testing/certification, but it's possible. I also doubt the auto CC (which is fine IMO). The seats I'd guess would be an option, same with foglights, wings, 37 different head units, etc.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #837
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquesteered View Post
There is more different then the hvac controls, there is an obvious difference in the plastcs, and the 86 has the leather/alacantra on the dash and the doors as well. It doesn't bother me much, but lets not pretend there is no diff.
the plastics are the same.
The 'FT' stands for 'forgot topic'.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #838
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
We'll see if I'm right soon enough.
Yes, we all will

Nah, I'm just playing. We all want a gargantuan amount of options to debut at NAIAS for everyone to fall into Scion's motto:

"Become one of us by becoming none of us"
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:59 AM   #839
peachsnow

Drives: Scion FRS Ultramarine
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Do you guys think USA, would have that trim? Or would they strip alot of stuff down?
peachsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:04 AM   #840
JDLM

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsnow View Post
Do you guys think USA, would have that trim? Or would they strip alot of stuff down?

Which trim? the leather/alacantra ? I doubt it ..doesn't mean you can't attempt to get it from overseas

AWE90/ZSP/ZPP/2XA/NAV/HID/DPE////M/EAS/Disma
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote