follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 07-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #71
MacTec

Drives: White 86 GTS MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
I've just come from Sci-Fleet Toyota in Taringa, Brisbane.

I'll cut out how long it took to actually get acknowledged and cut to the chase.

The salesman approaches me and asks if he can help me, so I extend my hand and introduce myself. He just looks at me for a moment, obviously this is not something Toyota customers generally do.

After telling me that (and I quote verbatim) "this car is the worst thing ever", I ask him if the car I am eying is sold as I wanted to put my 5 year old daughter in the back to see how workable it is. I'd actually been waiting to do this for almost 15 minutes, but I don't think it's good form to just "help yourself". Forgot I'm now slumming it at Toyota, didn't I?

He then tells me that yes, this one is sold. "In fact the 86 is completely sold out for the next two years", he claims.

I told him I wasn't stupid and did he want to rethink that statement, to which he just repeated his original assertion that unless "something could be done", there was a two year wait list.

I'm not sure how politely tell someone they are full of shit, but I did my best and asked him his name. It was Pierre, something he still hadn't shared despite me introducing myself as he wandered up.

One can only imagine what kind of "deal" he was trying to do off the back his bare faced lie, but I wasn't hanging around to find out. I informed him that his was not the only dealership in town and that I'd find someone not quite so full of shit.

So, that's one down. Good thing there are almost as many Toyota dealerships as McDonalds. I guess that's the kind of salesperson you get when all you sell is washing machines.
Yes my view of the customer service at the Sci Fleet Toyota's in Brisbane is also not very complimentary. A couple of Saturday's ago I called the Kedron dealership and asked for some info on pricing and options for the 86, which they gave me. Told them I couldn't put down a deposit until I at least saw one in the flesh. I was told they had a demo coming the following Tuesday or Thursday, so I said great, gave my details and said call me when I can see it. Still yet to hear from that dealer.

I was keen as so after still not hearing from them I called the Sci Fleet at Albion on the thursday and they had a black gts that was sold but it was an employees car and was still in the showroom for peeps to look at. So i went down there, loved the lookand feel of the car and told the guy i was keen as and wanted to drive it. He said he had a dem coming the next week and will call me..... Still have not heard from them.

A friend put me onto Downtown Toyota at Morningside, they called me that day (Monday 25th), I had a test drive on the Thursday which was the soonest we could both do at a suitable time, signed a contract and deposit paid that night. Great guys there. Very friendly and professional in the dealings I have had so far.....

Certainly not going to recommend a Sci-Fleet Toyota dealership after my lack of service.
MacTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #72
Type[R]+

Drives: Lexus IS-F
They are like real-estate agents in good times. Absolutely useless!
Type[R]+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #73
m0nty

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type[R]+ View Post
No shit, but for which market? Japan already has long wait time, due to low allocation numbers.

Australia got allocated 1500 cars, Indo got 75, Phillipines got 80, etc....
All markets. They have filled production for nine months. Does it affect us if Philippines sold all allocations? Its quite clear this car has long lead times in Australia.
m0nty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #74
click_lenny
Good bye 86.....

Drives: Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nty View Post
Sound like someone lied to the other half about the car they were getting.

"Of course it will fit the kids and shopping. No, its not a sports car, it just looks like one in the pictures. Its the lighting they used."
This is funny mOnty, make me laugh!!!
click_lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #75
Z6

Drives: 86
I had a very similar experience at Nunawading Toyota (Melbourne), spoke to a dealer over the phone to come in for a test drive of the 86, he started telling me that he took one home for himself (GT86 Auto) and that he loved the car.

So, I was like great - I ended up going to the dealership and waiting 2 hours to actually be attended to, they were rather busy and I didn't actually mind waiting, what blew me away was that when I spoke to the same guy over the phone I was told the following:

"I wish I could have one of these myself, you know the wife wont let me", I am then thinking to myself, this guy is either overworked and forgot what he said to me over the phone or his just incompetent to be working as a salesman...

None the less I ignored the comment he made as I was eager to just get in the car and test drive it! I ended up taking it for a test drive and when I got back I asked for the price...

This is where shit actually got serious. The sales rep (different rep to the one listed above) tells that they must sell the car at the drive away price listed on the website otherwise there license can be revoked or penalized etc... I was then told that for a GTS86 Manual I would be paying $40,065 (no extras), I have this also on paper..

The price listed on the site is shown as ~$39,600 drive away... I asked him if he could work on the 40k price he offered, which then he talked some more crap to me, I ended up leaving quite unhappy about dealing with them, but oh well.

I ended up going to a different dealer who summarized the costs associated with the car which were all 100% accurate as described on the site - I also told him of my experience with Nunawading Toyota where he actually laughed and said it didn't surprise him, contract signed in less then 5 minutes of me walking in there for the drive away price.
Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #76
Type[R]+

Drives: Lexus IS-F
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nty View Post
All markets. They have filled production for nine months. Does it affect us if Philippines sold all allocations? Its quite clear this car has long lead times in Australia.
So Philippines and indo has 9 month wait.... Yeah right!
Type[R]+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #77
m0nty

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type[R]+ View Post
So Philippines and indo has 9 month wait.... Yeah right!
Go buy one there then. You can't import it so its a moot point.

Have you been to Philippines or Indonesia? How do you know that market for the 86?
m0nty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #78
Nafe

Drives: Mt Fuji Red 86 GT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I had said this in PM to the OP, but will voice some thoughts here in public also. My experiences with Scifleet have been nothing short of excellent. I am dealing with Luke at the Albion dealership and he has been very helpful. Brought the car over to me at work for a test drive, was always upfront and honest, and still keeps me up to date. I also have been to the Taringa dealership and found them helpful. Dave over there organised a test drive, no dramas.
Likewise I have had issues with some dealers that others may not have.
Nafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #79
coyote

Drives: Slowly
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafe View Post
I had said this in PM to the OP, but will voice some thoughts here in public also. My experiences with Scifleet have been nothing short of excellent. I am dealing with Luke at the Albion dealership and he has been very helpful. Brought the car over to me at work for a test drive, was always upfront and honest, and still keeps me up to date. I also have been to the Taringa dealership and found them helpful. Dave over there organised a test drive, no dramas.
Likewise I have had issues with some dealers that others may not have.
I've resisted the temptation to post again in this thread, but that's completely not the point, Nafe (and there's no need to repeatedly shout it).

When it comes to something as basic as introducing yourself and not lying to a potential customer with the first words that come from your mouth, a 50% failure rate is not satisfactory.

Hell, even a 2% failure rate is unacceptable on such basic criteria.

I've since been to other dealers, all of which have been superior, none of which have been what I would call outstanding and made me think "If I get one of these, it will definitely be from you" though.

For a product that was from the outset intended to get customers back into dealerships, they are doing a great job of undermining Sub.... I mean Toyota's good work. I know it's hard and they are fielding mountains of interest from tyre kickers, but taking the attitude that the cars sell themselves and customers should lower their service expectations is probably not what Mr Toyota had in mind.

I'm glad you feel like you've had a positive purchase experience thus far with Sci-Fleet and hope it continues through to delivery. Every single potential customer who walks through the door should feel that way. I didn't and I made a post about it. Please accept that my experience was less than satisfactory or at least just try to express your delight with Sci-Fleet in this thread just once (as until now, I expressed my disgust just once).

It's not a religious cult, buy a car from wherever it pleases you. Yes, that includes Sci-Fleet. If they called me up today (bit hard without my number) and offered me a deal to make up for the dreadful reception I received, I'd jump at it.

Under the circumstances, you can however hardly blame me for looking elsewhere.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:08 AM   #80
450hp/tonne

Drives: 2011 Corolla Ascent Sport
Ordered yesterday and production scheduled for October.
This means Australians have now ordered More than 2/3 of the 2012 allocation for Oz.
450hp/tonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:33 AM   #81
Bounce
Banned

Drives: I
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450hp/tonne View Post
This means Australians have now ordered More than 2/3 of the 2012 allocation for Oz.
Was that a vague estimate by your dealer or official? I ordered over 2 weeks now and they "guessimate" dec built, 2013 delivery.
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:34 AM   #82
crimespree

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450hp/tonne View Post
GT or GTS?
crimespree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:55 AM   #83
Nafe

Drives: Mt Fuji Red 86 GT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
I've resisted the temptation to post again in this thread, but that's completely not the point, Nafe (and there's no need to repeatedly shout it).

When it comes to something as basic as introducing yourself and not lying to a potential customer with the first words that come from your mouth, a 50% failure rate is not satisfactory.

Hell, even a 2% failure rate is unacceptable on such basic criteria.

I've since been to other dealers, all of which have been superior, none of which have been what I would call outstanding and made me think "If I get one of these, it will definitely be from you" though.

For a product that was from the outset intended to get customers back into dealerships, they are doing a great job of undermining Sub.... I mean Toyota's good work. I know it's hard and they are fielding mountains of interest from tyre kickers, but taking the attitude that the cars sell themselves and customers should lower their service expectations is probably not what Mr Toyota had in mind.

I'm glad you feel like you've had a positive purchase experience thus far with Sci-Fleet and hope it continues through to delivery. Every single potential customer who walks through the door should feel that way. I didn't and I made a post about it. Please accept that my experience was less than satisfactory or at least just try to express your delight with Sci-Fleet in this thread just once (as until now, I expressed my disgust just once).

It's not a religious cult, buy a car from wherever it pleases you. Yes, that includes Sci-Fleet. If they called me up today (bit hard without my number) and offered me a deal to make up for the dreadful reception I received, I'd jump at it.

Under the circumstances, you can however hardly blame me for looking elsewhere.
My post was hardly directed at you mate. You haven't posted in here for ages, and I don't blame you.
I fail to see how i am repeatedly shouting anything out? I said it to you in PM where THE FORUM CAN'T SEE and then repeated it here now FOR THE FIRST TIME, ages after my original message to you??
I fail to see why I am singled out for giving good feedback about a dealer that others are giving bad feedback about??
People are always giving good and bad feedback about dealers, and I have not done either in the public forum until now.
You had a bad experience with scifleet and went elsewhere, fair enough. You posted your experience, A few others said the same. I had a good experience with them and posted it... What's the fuckin difference?
People want to know who is good and bad to deal with, right? I gave two actual names of actual people I have spoken, not just singing a specific dealer praise but individual sales people, with who were good.
Nafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #84
450hp/tonne

Drives: 2011 Corolla Ascent Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
Was that a vague estimate by your dealer or official? I ordered over 2 weeks now and they "guessimate" dec built, 2013 delivery.
Can we ever be sure? They ordered one last week and that was allocated September build. The salesman checked with the stock controller who stated October. I will be near the delaer again Thursday, so will drop in on the dealer to see if they have a batch number and therefore build schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimespree View Post
GT or GTS?
Red GTS Manual
450hp/tonne is offline   Reply With Quote