follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #71
Maverick22

Drives: 2013 Rocketbunny GT86
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonicname View Post
NOS!!!!
lolz were had.
Maverick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #72
@Art_Mighty
uosɹǝdʎɐl ʇɹǝdxǝ

Drives: Asphalt AVO FR-S w/a Slushbox! :P
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
I'm new to this forum and this gives me a good idea of the kind of people here. Anyone who does these kinds of advanced mechanical modifications to their daily driver is pretty irresponsible in my opinion...

...because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn
@Art_Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to @Art_Mighty For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (08-16-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #73
tacoss23

Drives: '08 328i, '13 Accord Sport, '13 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Easy. Make sure your insurance covers mods. Before I did a track day in my old car, I called the insurance agent and specifically asked. He said it wasn't covered. Then I knew. I had the choice of buying track insurance or not.

If I do serious mods, I will talk to the broker. If I have to switch providers, I will. Sounds like his insurance company is pretty low on the customer service totem pole. Which company was it? I'd like to avoid them.
Nice, I didn't know there was that option. I guess the main thing is being upfront with the insurance company to begin with, sure you will pay more, but it's better safe to be sorry.

I'll actually do that with mine when I get my BRZ. Probably not initially, but if I decide to jump into the FI part of thing then I'll definitely do it.

Anyways, yeah his problem was that, he didn't tell them. And then he lied to, thinking they would be to stupid to look into the burned car. I don't remember his insurance company, this happened 4 years ago, but it wasn't any of the major insurance companies.
tacoss23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #74
dsgerbc

Drives: BRZ(sold), STI
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Easy. Make sure your insurance covers mods. Before I did a track day in my old car, I called the insurance agent and specifically asked. He said it wasn't covered. Then I knew. I had the choice of buying track insurance or not.

If I do serious mods, I will talk to the broker. If I have to switch providers, I will. Sounds like his insurance company is pretty low on the customer service totem pole. Which company was it? I'd like to avoid them.
I bet you're among those who think that the manufacturer should fix the car if the engine blew due to mods significantly upping the power level.

It's a diligent company that does not pay for losses is does not have to (and thus has lower rates for everyone else), I'd want them be my insurance. All too often today insurance companies are keen on just splitting fault 50-50, paying and jacking rates, w/o bothering to investigate. This one seems different.

And good luck on the insurance missing a supercharger on a total loss due to fire on a sporty car. It happens, but it would take some dump luck and a clueless agent + some supervisor that doesn't care.
dsgerbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #75
ohnoimcaught

Drives: '13 FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverFish View Post
hahaha... he even has pics of his in his "garage" and yet is using your avatar/car as his

what a maroon

Yes. What a maroon. That rouge.
ohnoimcaught is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ohnoimcaught For This Useful Post:
travelmonkey (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #76
TheRoadRunner

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine Scion FRS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmonkey View Post
Why are you using my picture of my car, which is my icon as yours?
LOL sorry man all the pictures I have of my car are for some reason bigger than 135 x 135 no matter how small I crop them to and I'm a noob when it comes to these things

so i googled blue frs and that was the first picture that came up so i clicked it lolll kudos to you for a nice picture but i'll remove it once i figure out how to get a picture small enough to satisfy that 135 x 135 requirement
TheRoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #77
xXDeathMaliCeXx

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadRunner View Post
LOL sorry man all the pictures I have of my car are for some reason bigger than 135 x 135 no matter how small I crop them to and I'm a noob when it comes to these things

so i googled blue frs and that was the first picture that came up so i clicked it lolll kudos to you for a nice picture but i'll remove it once i figure out how to get a picture small enough to satisfy that 135 x 135 requirement
MS Paint has an option to crop to a certain pixel size, FYI.

2013 SWP Toyota GT86 -- Daily Duty
xXDeathMaliCeXx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xXDeathMaliCeXx For This Useful Post:
TheRoadRunner (08-12-2013), travelmonkey (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #78
OrangeJuleas

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadRunner View Post

But send me a picture you want resized and I'll do it for you!

I'm not insane, in fact I'm kinda rational, when I be asking y'all, "Where did all the passion go?"
OrangeJuleas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrangeJuleas For This Useful Post:
TheRoadRunner (08-12-2013), travelmonkey (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #79
Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi

Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Thanked 2,014 Times in 915 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoimcaught View Post
What a maroon..
Famous line from a Bugs Bunny - Daffy Duck cartoon. I believe they were battling Marvin the Martian at the time. Or maybe it was each other. It has been a while since I have seen it.
amram (08-12-2013), ohnoimcaught (08-12-2013), Ramster (06-09-2014), redsuns03 (08-15-2013), travelmonkey (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #80
Sketch575

Drives: 2013 Ashphalt Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Looks like the 1.21 gigawatts at 88mph was too much........
Sketch575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #81
Rayme
The Answer

Drives: Mazda 2
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

The guy lied to the insurance company - that's all that really matters here. Most of the insurance providers out there won't cover you if you say you have any type of engine mods. The agent's aren't mechanic, if they hear anything that sounds non standard unlike wheels or tint, they will deny you. Just gotta do your research.

Last edited by Rayme; 08-12-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Rayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #82
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 4,000 Times in 2,156 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
The guy lied to the insurance company - that's all that really matters here. Most of the insurance providers out there won't cover you if you say you have any type of engine mods. The agent's aren't mechanic, if they hear anything that sounds non standard like wheels or tint, they will deny you. Just gotta do your research.
Denied for a tint or aftermarket wheels? Really?
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #83
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 4,000 Times in 2,156 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm all for fighting fraud. No problem there. I'm also all for doing your homework beforehand and making sure what I want covered is covered. I've heard of people paying extra to get aftermarket parts covered. There are a many insurance companies to choose from. This guy chose badly then lied to cover his ass. Too bad for him. I'm not a fool. I'm also not a Mustang driver, so you can cut your flaming BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgerbc View Post
I bet you're among those who think that the manufacturer should fix the car if the engine blew due to mods significantly upping the power level.

It's a diligent company that does not pay for losses is does not have to (and thus has lower rates for everyone else), I'd want them be my insurance. All too often today insurance companies are keen on just splitting fault 50-50, paying and jacking rates, w/o bothering to investigate. This one seems different.

And good luck on the insurance missing a supercharger on a total loss due to fire on a sporty car. It happens, but it would take some dump luck and a clueless agent + some supervisor that doesn't care.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #84
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Most aftermarket wheels people put (not usually enthusiasts I guess but anyway) are worth less than OEM.

And how exactly to do homework? What insurance company will let you list off your mods and give you a reasonable rate?
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accelerated combustion, anotherthreadupinflames, bbqbrz, biscotti tuned, burn my ride(no pimp), calling jalopnik, corn roaster, ghostrider, hellfire, smells like popcorn, smoking hot, viscontifried, viscontinued, viscontuned, vtune kicked in, we don't need no water