follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 06-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #71
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I've been pretty lazy the past few months, but I was on a strict strength training regiment for over 2 years. Based around four core lifts (standing press, deadlift, bench press, squat) and complimented with assistance work and cardio. I went from 5'8" 210 lbs of fat to a lean 165 back up to 185 lbs of muscle. Having been off it for a while, I'm back up around 200 again, but about 80-90% strength remains. Working two jobs killed my momentum and it's been a struggle to get back into it, even after going back to just one job. Deadlift was always my favorite and heaviest lift.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #72
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Drives: 17' Focus RS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Bump to an old thread, curious how everyone out there is doing.

I started the Creatine Monohydrate intake for the winter and strength is already increasing (attribute that to an increase in Cals/Carbs along with the creatine).I have been hitting the big movements, twice a week now, which I always read to try and avoid doing, too often.

My workout cycle has changed a bit, here is the new routine.

Legs (Low Bar Squats and Sumo Deadlifts) – Chest (flat Bench press, barbell, emphasis on pause reps to build strength) – Back (Emphasis on conventional Deadlifts, getting stronger here, along with my squats!) – Shoulders (standing overhead press, this is a difficult movement for me, strength is abysmal compared to my other lifts) – Arms/Forearms (this is a miscellaneous day).

Throughout the week I mix in Abdominal and Core work where needed and will often do light squats for 20+ reps during a workout for some cardio/stretching/form check. Front squats and Ab wheel may be the best ab exercises I have ever done. I encourage everyone to change up those routines! Lift some heavy weight and keep the form in check. I have been mixing in Front Squats and Sumo Deadlifts…two exercises I don’t do a lot of, and I feel it is helping me elsewhere. My sumo deadlift is maybe 75-85% of my conventional deadlift, but hard to keep the proper form. As for the front squats, pathetic, maybe 45-55% of my back squats at this point.

What are everyone else’s plan for the winter? Gain weight? Cut some fat? Gain strength?

I am working towards the impossible, as will everyone else, gain muscle and strength without the fat. I suppose a bit of the fat is ok this winter, should be a cold one.
Timmy_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:20 AM   #73
echo419

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,057 Times in 1,879 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones View Post
Towel Pullups are a great idea, just hang the towel over a bar and pull yourself up?

What is 'captain of crush grippers'? Sorry, never heard of it. Is it a machine? movement? Exercise?

I have been doing all but my last set of deadlifts without straps. Once I get over a certain weight things get too heavy and i feel like I may drop the bar (with a ton of weight, make a lot of noise, and lose my membership at the gym) .
then you're training at the wrong gym. it's no thing to just drop a 600lb deadlift at my place. of course it's not from not being able to pull it. for most of us we're just saving energy for the next set. I've never had a problem setting down a pull I made at a meet.
echo419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:18 AM   #74
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Drives: 17' Focus RS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo419 View Post
then you're training at the wrong gym. it's no thing to just drop a 600lb deadlift at my place. of course it's not from not being able to pull it. for most of us we're just saving energy for the next set. I've never had a problem setting down a pull I made at a meet.
I switched gyms at the end of the summer to a 'real' gym...and its almost encouraged to push yourself and ok to miss a lift.

Still no chalk allowed, a lot of guys bring their own anyways.
Timmy_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote