follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #7435
NeverInTime

Drives: '17 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRags View Post
Heyo, new kid in Oakland. I just picked up a pristine '13 FRS with 60k miles in white (no, seriously, it looks new). Pretty much stock except for a subwoofer, BRZ headlight bulbs, and an oil drain spigot. Never used one of those, but they look cool. Prior to this I had a '98 Cherokee for two months (HATED it), and a Mazda Miata before that. Really good to be back in a proper car again.

No major mod plans at the moment. It'll need tires soon, so I'm investigating what direction to go there- possibly something with a higher sidewall because the streets around here are trash. I'm also ogling the OFT tuning kits... there's an E85 station not far from where I live, would be nice to run that.
Welcome! Glad you're enjoying the car so far. When you get some new tires, definitely check out some of the nice twisty roads you have up there. The Northern California sub-forum here has a stickied drive thread you can check out.
NeverInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:18 AM   #7436
Overdrive
Sittin' Sideways

Drives: 2016 Toyota FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRags View Post
Heyo, new kid in Oakland. I just picked up a pristine '13 FRS with 60k miles in white (no, seriously, it looks new). Pretty much stock except for a subwoofer, BRZ headlight bulbs, and an oil drain spigot. Never used one of those, but they look cool. Prior to this I had a '98 Cherokee for two months (HATED it), and a Mazda Miata before that. Really good to be back in a proper car again.

No major mod plans at the moment. It'll need tires soon, so I'm investigating what direction to go there- possibly something with a higher sidewall because the streets around here are trash. I'm also ogling the OFT tuning kits... there's an E85 station not far from where I live, would be nice to run that.
You could look into some 16 inch wheels from the likes of a Subaru WRX, and that lets you gain some sidewall without worrying about fitment. It does soften up the ride a little bit, but don't worry, it won't turn into a Corolla, especially if you put some good summer tires on the wheels. It just takes bumps a little better than being on 17s.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:45 PM   #7437
DustyRags
Idiot

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Whiteout
Garage
Thanks, folks, I'll be doing that! I put 20,000 on motorcycles around here, so I certainly know the roads, but the WRX wheels are a good tip.
DustyRags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:00 PM   #7438
klondike

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited with Perform Pkg
New here, long time Subaru owner. Decided to stop being stodgy (Outbacks, Foresters, Legacy). Got a 17 silver BRZ with performance pack. Zoom, Zoom
klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klondike For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (10-11-2017), Tcoat (10-11-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 01:35 PM   #7439
Sereik

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Hey everyone! I finally buckled down on a 2013 BRZ Limited. Flew from Kansas City, MO to Boise, ID and drove it home. Stopped in Breckenridge, CO to take some pics and drive through the mountains. Really excited to finally be a part of the 86 platform. I've been wanting one of these for a long time and I wasn't let down!

Sereik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sereik For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #7440
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,577 Times in 18,960 Posts
Mentioned: 1108 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereik View Post
Hey everyone!
Welcome and enjoy!
Old 10-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #7441
john1875h

Drives: 2jz swap gt86
john from New Hamshire car gt86 2jz
john1875h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #7442
MRCA1ST

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ 6MT
Hi everyone, I have been a lurker here since the 86 came out. I picked up a 2013 Limited earlier this year with 3k miles (I passed 3k on my test drive). I was out of the country over the summer but now I am back and looking forward to putting a wrench to my BRZ. I just got my ECUTek stage one flash installed earlier this week, it definitely smoothed out the power delivery quite a bit. I will be trying out HKS' new short snorkel along with a Perrin intake hose in the intake side. On the back end I am going with a Gruppe-S header and 2.5in SRS catted OP/FP. I couldn't find any info on SRS around these parts, but they have good reviews with regard to build quality and fitment from the DSM world so I figured I would give them a shot, especially considering that as long as they fit you can't really screw up a OP/FP. I will post a review once I get it all bolted up. I appreciate the knowledge base this site provides, and I look forward to contributing.

Last edited by MRCA1ST; 10-13-2017 at 09:57 AM.
MRCA1ST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MRCA1ST For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-13-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #7443
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCA1ST View Post
Hi everyone, I have been a lurker here since the 86 came out. I picked up a 2013 Limited earlier this year with 3k miles (I passed 3k on my test drive). I was out of the country over the summer but now I am back and looking forward to putting a wrench to my BRZ. I just got my ECUTek stage one flash installed earlier this week, it definitely smoother out the power delivery quite a bit. I will be trying out HKS' new short snorkel along with a Perrin intake hose in the intake side. On the back end I am going with a Gruppe-S header and 2.5in SRS catted OP/FP. I couldn't find any info on SRS around these parts, but they have good reviews with regard to build quality and fitment from the DSM world so I figured I would give them a shot, especially considering that as long as they fit you can't really screw up a OP/FP. I will post a review once I get it all bolted up. I appreciate the knowledge base this site provides, and I look forward to contributing.
You just got the car and you're already modding it lol
Old 10-13-2017, 10:29 AM   #7444
MRCA1ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
You just got the car and you're already modding it lol
Oh, I had that all sorted out before I even test drove it, lol.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:43 AM   #7445
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCA1ST View Post
Oh, I had that all sorted out before I even test drove it, lol.
If you plan to track it ever, everyone is going to tell you to wait on mods, learn to drive it first, then mod, that's the route I'm going to take. You can only learn so much about the car on public roads unfortunately
Old 10-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #7446
MRCA1ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
If you plan to track it ever, everyone is going to tell you to wait on mods, learn to drive it first, then mod, that's the route I'm going to take. You can only learn so much about the car on public roads unfortunately

Yeah, I wish I could say I will be tracking it all the time, but the reality is that I don't have the time. In it's current form, and even after intake/exhaust/tune, I am pretty comfortable with it. I have it on a "private racetrack" just about every day, I will be able to use whatever power I gain in my upcoming mods right away, we'll see what I "need" past that. Bigger brakes and wider/stickier tires will definitely be next, despite the fact that I am falling short on power/speed, I still manage break traction in turns and my brakes get smoked any time I push it.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:23 PM   #7447
pockomoth

Drives: Scion FR-S Series 2.0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just signed up, bought myself a 2016 FR-S Series Release 2.0. Saw one in front of my business and while I always loved the car, the colors and interiors were not quite up to what I ended up buying in 2013, the Focus ST. When I saw the 2.0, I just stared wide-mouthed and wished I'd known about it when it was released, I would have bought new. A few months search finally one showed up here in the Bay Area, and even though it's a CPO it has no history from San Jose Toyota and had 3 previous owners. And guess what? It has an oil leak. So I would avoid SJT as they knew it leaked and knew it wasn't a problem they would have to deal with as I live too far away. Aside from that, I'm super happy to be back in a rear wheel drive car that handles. It's a total blast.

Hello to all on this forum, I've been a contributor on mostly motorcycle forums and of course the ST site as well. I'll search through as I have a couple of small things I'd like to do, a new gear shift knob, floor mats (carpet, not enough weather here for Weathertech) and perhaps a cold air intake. I know you all are passionate about these cars, I hope this one becomes like a second skin to me.
pockomoth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pockomoth For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (10-21-2017), Tcoat (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #7448
jordan7831

Drives: 2016 Halo FRS
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to take this opportunity to say hello to the community. I've lurking here for a while researching the FRS for little over a year. Finally pulled the trigger on a 2016 Halo FRS with dark tinted windows.

Jordan
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jordan7831 For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (10-21-2017), Tcoat (10-17-2017)

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo