follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #57
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'd go for the BRZ mats and maybe the carbon door trim As for the STI moniker, I knew about STI being on other cars too. The Legacy and other cars in the JDM have performance stuff on them. We get one or two cars while there is a plethora of performance variants of these cars in overseas. The main reason why we don't get this stuff in the US because most people here just want transportation, over in Japan it's a lifestyle., it's STI Nismo, TRD Spoon and Mugen city over there. It is possible to get these parts from overseas but it very quickly becomes prohibitively expensive
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #58
Beyer Subaru

Drives: 2013 BRZ SWP 6AT Ltd
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruBRZLimited View Post
I'd go for the BRZ mats and maybe the carbon door trim As for the STI moniker, I knew about STI being on other cars too. The Legacy and other cars in the JDM have performance stuff on them. We get one or two cars while there is a plethora of performance variants of these cars in overseas. The main reason why we don't get this stuff in the US because most people here just want transportation, over in Japan it's a lifestyle., it's STI Nismo, TRD Spoon and Mugen city over there. It is possible to get these parts from overseas but it very quickly becomes prohibitively expensive
Yes and no. There's a host of reasons why we don't get the fancy STi bits that the rest of the world get. I'd say the main one is the disconnect between SOJ and SOA.

I had a long talk with one of our main Accessory Reps at the BRZ ride and drive. He said that he (they) will push on SOJ as much as he can to get as much as he can but it all comes down to what they will let us have.

Then he was pushing real hard to get the catback as part of the SPT line-up but it wasn't looking good.
Beyer Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #59
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyer Subaru View Post
Yes and no. There's a host of reasons why we don't get the fancy STi bits that the rest of the world get. I'd say the main one is the disconnect between SOJ and SOA.

I had a long talk with one of our main Accessory Reps at the BRZ ride and drive. He said that he (they) will push on SOJ as much as he can to get as much as he can but it all comes down to what they will let us have.

Then he was pushing real hard to get the catback as part of the SPT line-up but it wasn't looking good.
I wouldn't hold my breath.
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #60
Jayde

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
@Beyer Subaru, can you guys get the dark grey/black STI wheels? Or should I look for a vendor who orders from Japan directly?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #61
Beyer Subaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde View Post
@Beyer Subaru, can you guys get the dark grey/black STI wheels? Or should I look for a vendor who orders from Japan directly?
Nope. The only wheels I have available are what comes on our cars in the USDM. Subaru still has the uber old 17x7 BBS still listed in our Accessory Catalog. Unless it's available from a US Dealer I can't get it.
@switchlanez got em from japanparts.com if I remember correctly. He's prolly got the only set stateside.

The closest thing that I could get would be the 2008 Forester Sports Wheels:

Old 03-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #62
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Nope. The only wheels I have available are what comes on our cars in the USDM. Subaru still has the uber old 17x7 BBS still listed in our Accessory Catalog. Unless it's available from a US Dealer I can't get it.
@switchlanez got em from japanparts.com if I remember correctly. He's prolly got the only set stateside.

The closest thing that I could get would be the 2008 Forester Sports Wheels:

Those aren't that bad I think it will still look good on the BRZ, and my forester XD how much are they ? btw

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #63
Xdragonxb0i

Drives: ex500r
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Interested in seeing the privacy cover!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #64
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Those aren't that bad I think it will still look good on the BRZ, and my forester XD how much are they ? btw
http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/pr...oducts_id=1484 <==== I don't know if this includes tires. Highly doubtful, but the picture and ad don't specify. Beyer would know.

Forester STI wheels on the BRZ
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10339

chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #65
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Per the STi site - translated - Strut tower bar put the ball split the tower bar link aluminum. For dodging a moderate external pressure, such as the gap of the road to effectively use the bending of the chassis, without compromising ride comfort, when cornering is hold on tight, we achieve improved handling to the limit from the range commonly used initial steering.

Basically it will make the ride more stiff but not to the point of teeth shattering. The bar connects the strut towers but not as rigidly as a comparable bar.
a strut tower bar does not change the stiffness of the ride in any predictable capacity. car manufacturers try to make all cars from performance to luxury as stiff as possible. my guess is that its a bullshit product and since sti is providing zero data on this product, its not very difficult to doubt this claim.
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatoni For This Useful Post:
Beyer Subaru (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #66
cruzinbill

Drives: Argento 6spd FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
The lip kit gives me a bonner.....
Wonder how much it would be here tho.....
*sigh* guess it doesnt matter, I must have it....
on my frs tho
cruzinbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #67
Beyer Subaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post
a strut tower bar does not change the stiffness of the ride in any predictable capacity. car manufacturers try to make all cars from performance to luxury as stiff as possible. my guess is that its a bullshit product and since sti is providing zero data on this product, its not very difficult to doubt this claim.
Thanks for elaborating. I guess I am kinda off in my description. I'll elaborate my description a little better.

A strut bar is designed to reduce the strut tower flex by tying two parallel strut towers together. This transmits the load of each strut tower during cornering which ties the two towers together and reduces chassis flex.

So this bar will reduce the chassis flex but not to the point of a normal, more rigid bar.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #68
Beyer Subaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/pr...oducts_id=1484 <==== I don't know if this includes tires. Highly doubtful, but the picture and ad don't specify. Beyer would know.

Forester STI wheels on the BRZ
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10339
Nope. Tires wouldn't be included in that pricing and sgp.com is one of the most aggressive when it comes to Subaru parts. I have been using them for years and years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beyer Subaru For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #69
jpdesilva

Drives: Firestorm FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
When will these be available?
jpdesilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #70
Beyer Subaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdesilva View Post
When will these be available?
We don't have a release date as of yet. So I'm assuming the second quarter of this year at the earliest.

Tags
brz forum, brz forums, subaru brz, subaru brz forum, subaru brz forums