follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 04-22-2012, 04:15 AM   #57
Verge

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
The five axis kit will be available at launch from what I recall. Sorry don't remember which thread had it. The only thing that I want from it is the wing. I prefer the TRD body kit more.
Verge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #58
Verge

Garage
Stevie what color and trans are you getting?
Old 04-29-2012, 03:54 AM   #59
evicfinite

Drives: Lexus CT200H
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
there is a 2500 mark up on the BRZ here on Vegas.... that is just ridiculous... and there is only 1 subaru dealership here in vegas... what a bunch of scumbags...
evicfinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #60
Verge

Garage
To all those that made a deposit with findlay, did anyone get an OTD price? I have been trying to contact the sales guy and just cant seem to get a response. After a week of waiting i might go see him in person.Also did you guys get place in line ?
Old 05-03-2012, 02:31 AM   #61
Jayp

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
To all those that made a deposit with findlay, did anyone get an OTD price? I have been trying to contact the sales guy and just cant seem to get a response. After a week of waiting i might go see him in person.Also did you guys get place in line ?
I didn't get an OTD price, but they did say no markups. Hopefully they keep their word. I contacted the sales department about two weeks ago and they said that the car would be there June 1. I did get a place in line but I put my hold deposit a little over a month ago. I think the deposit now is $1000.

I haven't really gone to other dealerships. Hopefully someone in the forum can fill us in on what the other dealerships are doing.
Jayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:44 AM   #62
Verge

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
I didn't get an OTD price, but they did say no markups. Hopefully they keep their word. I contacted the sales department about two weeks ago and they said that the car would be there June 1. I did get a place in line but I put my hold deposit a little over a month ago. I think the deposit now is $1000.

I haven't really gone to other dealerships. Hopefully someone in the forum can fill us in on what the other dealerships are doing.
I was told no mark up as well and made my deposit a few months ago, although they said i would be one of the first i never actually got a number. I was told im one of the first to make a deposit. Just getting nervous cause the internet sales manager hasnt contacted me back in awhile. He didnt even tell me june 1st is when they would get the car in.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #63
Koji_Online
N7 Spectre

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 (Ablaze - 6MT)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I haven't heard anything since I put my deposit; honestly I'm in no rush trying to save up a bigger down payment; also on a side note, my current focus is the gt academy competition; does anyone in here play gt?

Add me up, PSN in sig =p

Koji_Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #64
TuxedoCartman
Banned

Drives: '13 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hey guys,

I'm soon to be returning to Vegas. Been living in Japan for the last couple of years without a car, so I'd say my timing's impeccable. It's been a real tease seeing all the autoblog test drives through Red Rock Park, because that's like 2 miles from my house! Almost like "Hey, this could be you.... awww, but you're in Japan!" LOL

Anyway, talked with the guys over at Desert about pre-ordering. Here's hoping the deal goes smoothly.
TuxedoCartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #65
LostTHEbeat
First 86

Drives: 2004 Scion xB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoCartman View Post
Hey guys,

I'm soon to be returning to Vegas. Been living in Japan for the last couple of years without a car, so I'd say my timing's impeccable. It's been a real tease seeing all the autoblog test drives through Red Rock Park, because that's like 2 miles from my house! Almost like "Hey, this could be you.... awww, but you're in Japan!" LOL

Anyway, talked with the guys over at Desert about pre-ordering. Here's hoping the deal goes smoothly.
First 86er here. Will be getting our FR-S on 5/16 from Desert Scion. Experience there has been great so far. Let me know if you have any questions.
LostTHEbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #66
TuxedoCartman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTHEbeat View Post
First 86er here. Will be getting our FR-S on 5/16 from Desert Scion. Experience there has been great so far. Let me know if you have any questions.
That's good to hear. My experiences with car dealers anywhere in America (with one notable exception in Kansas City) have been... less than pleasant. But salesmen and dealerships in Vegas the four years I lived there were especially sleazy.

I'm really hoping Desert Scion can make a notable exception in my opinion, and if they do you'd better believe I'll sing their praises on these boards. Just came off reading the thread about blacklisted Subaru dealers, and holy hell... wow. I think Subaru of Las Vegas is going to sell more FR-S's than any of the Scion salesmen, LOL...
Old 05-05-2012, 12:40 AM   #67
LostTHEbeat
First 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoCartman View Post
That's good to hear. My experiences with car dealers anywhere in America (with one notable exception in Kansas City) have been... less than pleasant. But salesmen and dealerships in Vegas the four years I lived there were especially sleazy.

I'm really hoping Desert Scion can make a notable exception in my opinion, and if they do you'd better believe I'll sing their praises on these boards. Just came off reading the thread about blacklisted Subaru dealers, and holy hell... wow. I think Subaru of Las Vegas is going to sell more FR-S's than any of the Scion salesmen, LOL...
As I'm sure is the case for any dealer - being First86 must have *some* effect on our car buying experience. But they've been very straightforward and friendly, even having a discussion with our salesman about future FR-S's being sold for over MSRP (like Subaru of Las Vegas is doing with BRZ), and he claimed the Desert family of dealerships wouldn't do it.

Anyways, you're welcome to the delivery party - as is anyone else local enough to come. Don't quite have a time of day worked out yet - but it will be on 5/16 - probably mid-afternoon.

Funny what you said about Subaru of Las Vegas, our salesman practically said the same thing!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #68
TuxedoCartman
Banned

Ah, thanks for the invite, but I'll still be in Japan at that time. Getting back on the 23rd, so *hopefully* I'll only be carless for three weeks or so till mine arrives. Can't wait to see pictures of yours, though, and congrats on being a first 86! What color?

We gotta start some meetups after everyone starts getting their cars, though. Say, isn't there a parking lot across from the Subaru stealership? LOL...

I shouldn't joke. I feel for our BRZ brothers in the area. God, if this is how they're acting with the release of the base model, I can't imagine what they'll resort to when the STi version comes out.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #69
LostTHEbeat
First 86

Will do pics at release for sure. Didn't get any today of the car on the roof of the dealership - it'd just make the wait seem longer to look at it!

Hopefully we get some more activity in this thread to see about future meets...
Old 05-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #70
Verge

Garage
Could you let us know when you find out about the time of your pickup? I would love to make room in my schedule to go see it. XD thx in advance