follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 PM   #43
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
I'm not expert of making commercial... but I am fairly expert of anime. For one, can you fit all that into 30sec to 1 min? Secondly, that commercial only gonna get hyped from anime/ini-d fans, rest of the ppl won't get it. Lastly, how you going to do this? In anime or real? If anime, how to convince customer that FT86 drive like that and make it detail as possible? Real, who & where gonna do this filming?

For anime stand, it won't be a hit. No offense, but it won't. Most of anime fans/Otaku don't want to see same situation over and over (to certain level). They want something different. For a good example, ini-d. What if Takumi beat all the drivers/cars in same corner (5 hairpins). Is that make it interesting? I don't think so. Cuz you know what's gonna happen.

Not insulting your idea. Just my 2 cents.
You raised some very good points: one, the time duration. I thought about that after I wrote that as well, and to that end, I can only think if we make it a sequal of short commercials, or (just came up this now) something that BMW did a while back ago of making a short film and post it on their website. In a 30 second commercial, maybe just show some cuts of the main video.

Secondly, I was thinking of doing this in Anime. Granted, this will not attract any typical otaku/anime fans, but I am not sure if they are also the target market segment of FT-86. If this needs to be done by real people, I know that Initial D has been made with a movie for Chinese market, and there is talk of making a sequal of that movie as well. Having said that, your point is valid: this idea will not attract any otaku to buying ft-86.

Thirdly, yes, I agree with you, no one wants to see the same race or winning at the same place all over again. However, the main theme of this idea (or what I would like to convey) is to show the transition from AE86 to FT-86. Who would be the best person, in anime world, to represet this transition? As I said before, I think the racing theme was kind of weak since it has been done before. But, I also remembered that when the anime (or comic) was showing that AE86 vs STI race, there were many discussions on the forums saying that Takumi will be changing his ride to Impreza for Project D, until it is revealed that the Impreza was only to show him the advances of current cars and stimulate him to find more potential on his 86. We all know that there is a limited potential on the AE86, and this maybe a good opportunity to show the path of current AE86 owners to the new 86.

Valid points were raised and good discussions were made. No harm done. :happy0180:
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #44
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
They could race on the uphill and watch Takumi get destroyed by the FT's extra torque?

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #45
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,096 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want.FR-S View Post
You raised some very good points: one, the time duration. I thought about that after I wrote that as well, and to that end, I can only think if we make it a sequal of short commercials, or (just came up this now) something that BMW did a while back ago of making a short film and post it on their website. In a 30 second commercial, maybe just show some cuts of the main video.

Secondly, I was thinking of doing this in Anime. Granted, this will not attract any typical otaku/anime fans, but I am not sure if they are also the target market segment of FT-86. If this needs to be done by real people, I know that Initial D has been made with a movie for Chinese market, and there is talk of making a sequal of that movie as well. Having said that, your point is valid: this idea will not attract any otaku to buying ft-86.

Thirdly, yes, I agree with you, no one wants to see the same race or winning at the same place all over again. However, the main theme of this idea (or what I would like to convey) is to show the transition from AE86 to FT-86. Who would be the best person, in anime world, to represet this transition? As I said before, I think the racing theme was kind of weak since it has been done before. But, I also remembered that when the anime (or comic) was showing that AE86 vs STI race, there were many discussions on the forums saying that Takumi will be changing his ride to Impreza for Project D, until it is revealed that the Impreza was only to show him the advances of current cars and stimulate him to find more potential on his 86. We all know that there is a limited potential on the AE86, and this maybe a good opportunity to show the path of current AE86 owners to the new 86.

Valid points were raised and good discussions were made. No harm done. :happy0180:
Hm... if you wanna make kinda associate w Ini-D series then I would recommend sub story series. Also instead of making full episodes, how about making like 4~6 mins anime series? 4~6mins anime series doesn't cost tons of $ as full 24mins episodes.

Use a story and chara that is different from Ini-D. Chara from Ini-D can be used, but don't associate w actual series. Let me, this is just top of my head making as go along...

edit:
Sorry story became too long, so I posted up on my new blog. lol sorry

Here's the blog: New Generation, New Challenger

p.s.
Yes, I know it's not a perfect English. Like I said, just wrote it top of my head, so gotta forgive me on that.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #46
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
Quote:
Hm... if you wanna make kinda associate w Ini-D series then I would recommend sub story series. Also instead of making full episodes, how about making like 4~6 mins anime series? 4~6mins anime series doesn't cost tons of $ as full 24mins episodes.

Use a story and chara that is different from Ini-D. Chara from Ini-D can be used, but don't associate w actual series. Let me, this is just top of my head making as go along...

edit:
Sorry story became too long, so I posted up on my new blog. lol sorry

Here's the blog: New Generation, New Challenger

p.s.
Yes, I know it's not a perfect English. Like I said, just wrote it top of my head, so gotta forgive me on that.
Something like the 'Impact Blue' (I don't know if that's the official title, the two chicks in the SilEighty) semi-independent movie? Initial D characters, but nothing to do with Takumi and the main story.

Because titanium.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #47
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Something like the 'Impact Blue' (I don't know if that's the official title, the two chicks in the SilEighty) semi-independent movie? Initial D characters, but nothing to do with Takumi and the main story.
Initial D Extra Stage was awesome. Nakazato was so stupid in that OVA.

That's still is a official title... but pretty much like that.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #48
Want.FR-S

Quote:
Initial D Extra Stage was awesome. Nakazato was so stupid in that OVA.

That's still is a official title... but pretty much like that.
The title is Initial D - Extra Stage I and II. That side story is pretty good.

There are at least two directions on this: one is to use the theme of Bunta and Takumi and somehow blend in the transition of AE86 to FT86 and another one is to create new chara while using the existing chara in Initial D. My original idea is more or less like a 3 to 5 mins anime like you said. What you are describing could be a whole new series. Both can be done.

BTW, does any one know what that D means in the Project D? Has that been revealed in the comics already? I only got vol 41 where Ryosuke is racing against with Hojo.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #49
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:

There are at least two directions on this: one is to use the theme of Bunta and Takumi and somehow blend in the transition of AE86 to FT86 and another one is to create new chara while using the existing chara in Initial D. My original idea is more or less like a 3 to 5 mins anime like you said. What you are describing could be a whole new series. Both can be done.

BTW, does any one know what that D means in the Project D? Has that been revealed in the comics already? I only got vol 41 where Ryosuke is racing against with Hojo.

If you make 3~5 mins anime & Takumi change AE86 to FT86... he cannot do mod to it. Why? Cuz currently, there's no mod for that car and won't get actually good mods for several yrs later. Takumi can't race w stock right?

Even most of Ini-D stuff were somewhat fiction, there were a lot of actual mods, tricks, & places that can be refer back in reality.

Also I'm not sure if you remember, but Ini-D had the story several year behind than actual time.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #50
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
Quote:

Project Domination? IDK, but I do know that 'Initial D', is actually Inertial Drift. Not quite sure if they mean like a feint initiation or a car naturally beginning to drift all four wheels in a high speed sweeper. (likely the latter since this was actually about racing rather than drifting)

It had some interesting things, like the 'Karate Kid'-style friction circle/accelerometer with the water glass. The implication there is that the car is extremely well balanced dynamically between pitch and roll. (perfect friction circles don't really exist)

I would do a side story with the GT-R Nightkids guy and the Turbo Levin. Turbo AE86 beats the GT-R, and Nightkids guy figures, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. 'Upgrades' to the FT86, maybe even a G-Sport version. Wins rematch uphill and downhill.

Because titanium.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #51
Want.FR-S

Quote:
If you make 3~5 mins anime & Takumi change AE86 to FT86... he cannot do mod to it. Why? Cuz currently, there's no mod for that car and won't get actually good mods for several yrs later. Takumi can't race w stock right?

Even most of Ini-D stuff were somewhat fiction, there were a lot of actual mods, tricks, & places that can be refer back in reality.

Also I'm not sure if you remember, but Ini-D had the story several year behind than actual time.
I think I do not have that in mind in terms of modding. I thought that 3-5 min anime is only to get Takumi to transition to the new car. He can then find ways to mod that car afterward, but then that would be another story. Granted, there are no parts to mod FT-86, but then can some of the existing parts be used already for that car? I do not believe that Toyota would build brand-new parts just for this vehicle. Like a brand new coilover specifically for the FT-86?

In terms of timeline, that is always the tricky part in the comics. IIRC the storyline for Takumi should happen in somethwere 1997/98 when the fisrt story is out (I think). If that is the case, their current timeline is somewhere on 1998/99 where Takumi just graduate. Then how could he race a S2000 or R34 in that story line? Furthermore, was cellphone that popular back in 1998/99 in Japan like every teenager has one?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #52
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
I think I do not have that in mind in terms of modding. I thought that 3-5 min anime is only to get Takumi to transition to the new car. He can then find ways to mod that car afterward, but then that would be another story. Granted, there are no parts to mod FT-86, but then can some of the existing parts be used already for that car? I do not believe that Toyota would build brand-new parts just for this vehicle. Like a brand new coilover specifically for the FT-86?

In terms of timeline, that is always the tricky part in the comics. IIRC the storyline for Takumi should happen in somethwere 1997/98 when the fisrt story is out (I think). If that is the case, their current timeline is somewhere on 1998/99 where Takumi just graduate. Then how could he race a S2000 or R34 in that story line? Furthermore, was cellphone that popular back in 1998/99 in Japan like every teenager has one?
S2k was released on 1999 & yes, cellphone was popular back then.