follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #43
gt8613
I dream of BRZ

Drives: Prospective BRZ owner.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus808 View Post
Georges St. Pierre
If you don't know who he is, look him up. He's pretty much the best UFC fighter ever. Took up martial arts cause he was bullied as a child
I dont watch UFC or know about his record but I have certainly heard about him. Didn't know that about his life however. Thanks.
gt8613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:55 AM   #44
effty_ac

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bullying's pretty cool.
effty_ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #45
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Imma keep mine short since I experienced it in Elementary and High School.

I'll come back to this thread and finish where I left off.

I was bullied in Elementary because of what happened to my family. No one knew but when you're a kid you seem to smell "something's wrong with that kid"

Anyways my parent's divorced and my mom pretty much took half of what we owned... which was another house and a fourplex. We would actually be rich right now if it wasn't for that.

Anyways, dad was left with one of the houses and my mom had sold 2 hair/nail salons that we had bought. So he was stuck with just the one liquor store. Eventually I was left home alone and I wouldn't get much to eat so I became a runt. With no mom around I didn't know how to do a lot of the girl stuff and couldn't prepare for it.

My cloths got old and some of it was torn. I didn't know how to tie my hair.. had some beat up shoes 'n so forth.

This white kid and another asian kid picked on me every single day. I didn't really have too many friends up until I was about.. 9? During 4th grade there was a time when I was playing kick ball. And the shit head and his buddy came at me and punched me. They both went at me when I pretty much said.. "Fuck this" not really but I didn't want to be picked on anymore.

I beat the shit out of the white boy. I broke his nose with a drop kick. Lol and dislocated the other guy's arm. I ended up getting suspended but I told my dad they picked on me at school and I ended up still getting in trouble. Eventually I had to get psychological help. In 5th grade I was bullied by my teacher. I fucking hated it. Eventually I started bulling this other white girl but stopped. Sixth grade I bulled this big ass Mexican kid because he would make fun of me of my short stature.

In 7th grade a group of boys took advantage of me by stealing my Yugioh cards. I tackled the shit out of one of them. He flew across the concrete hallway. Not bulled every since. And he returned my cards.

High school I was bullied for 3 years of Varsity Basketball. 2 Mexican girls didn't like it that I was improving faster than their and my friend. So they picked on me. They got on the coach's side and I kept losing playing time. Eventually I started to hate playing. I hated practice and only started to use it as a way to exercise. Now whenever she runs into me she tries being nice. I pretty much ignore her now.

Anyways... I now am kinda emotional in terms of being very passionate about stuff. I don't like bullies and I can't stand watching something happen if I can help prevent it. Even now when someone compliments me on doing a really good job I get teary eyed. I hate how it all happened but I'm still kinda trying to improve.

Now there's this bitch ass girl who's trying to get my cousin's to turn on me and talk shit on me because she doesn't like me. I swear if hitting her with my car wasn't illegal I'd do it.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #46
ramiram1984

Drives: 2016 STi DGM
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
I have taught my 7 year old boy that fighting gets you nowhere. But if that he needs to defend himself, then there's is no problem with that.
This is why I have gotten my son into fitness and into boxing at an early age. That and because it's a family tradition passed down.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:05 PM   #47
Michael
Lovin' the Low Life

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Parents need to appropriately spank/disciple their kids and stop letting them run rampant against others. All of this 'do not hit your kids' crap has gone way too far. There is a line between discipline and outright physical/mental abuse. Kids these days are getting away with TOO much all because of the 'softies' out there that refuse/can't handle spanking a kid for what they did wrong as long as it warrants it.

Bully a kid and expect to get your ass whooped for it. Steal something, you loose something of yours.

I respect parents that will disciple their kids in such a way. It most cases, it teaches respect towards others and are more well-behaved. Kids need to fear the repercussions of their actions or they will just continue to do what they want, when they want.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael For This Useful Post:
Giccin (04-24-2014), MokSpeed (04-28-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 02:40 AM   #48
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Parents need to appropriately spank/disciple their kids and stop letting them run rampant against others. All of this 'do not hit your kids' crap has gone way too far. There is a line between discipline and outright physical/mental abuse. Kids these days are getting away with TOO much all because of the 'softies' out there that refuse/can't handle spanking a kid for what they did wrong as long as it warrants it.

Bully a kid and expect to get your ass whooped for it. Steal something, you loose something of yours.

I respect parents that will disciple their kids in such a way. It most cases, it teaches respect towards others and are more well-behaved. Kids need to fear the repercussions of their actions or they will just continue to do what they want, when they want.
AMEN BRODDER

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #49
gt8613
I dream of BRZ

You know... at the end of the day... It's a matter of having people on your side. Singling someone out is the easiest way to bully and having friends or bystanders stepping in to defend is the easiest way to stop bullying.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:30 AM   #50
Thehermdawg
Just Some Dude

Drives: 14 FR-S Raven A/T
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I was "bullied" at one point in my life, and even though it really sucked at the time, looking back I couldn't care less. Being the new kid from the east coast moving to California in 6th grade was hard and somehow even at that time I expected that.

Eventually, I got in with some good people, what some may call "the cool kids" and things got better. Now as my senior year of High School winds down those same people are still with me for the most part and I'm extremely thankful for that.

Really, life is what you make it. You can make it miserable and shitty, or you can go out and make things better. Don't let some scrub ass little punk fuck up your day cause his mommy and daddy don't love him enough.
Thehermdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:41 AM   #51
sklimo
Banned

Drives: 2013 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Thanked 12,901 Times in 5,671 Posts
Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Name:  daily_morning_awesomeness_35_photos5.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  35.8 KB
sklimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #52
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
"What is your opinion about bullying?"

Who wants to know... What are you going to do about it...

Lol..
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #53
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Soapbox time.

So... you have kids, right? Cause I'm sorta assuming not, since it's mostly people that are the best parents in the world are the ones that have no fucking clue what it's like raising kids. But if you do, feel free to parent the way you're doing so since they're your kids.

IMO, people shouldn't teach their kids not do things because they're fearful of the consequences. They should teach them to do/not do because it's morally correct. I'm not going to go out of my way to say don't spank your kids because I'm not that other kid's parent, and although I've popped mine for deliberately misbehaving, communication works far better than hitting.

Spanking just puts a fear of violence in a child, since it's the only punishment for the most part. They did something and they were hurt because of it, but they still might not have any idea why it was wrong. Teach your kid empthy and understanding and they'll know why they shouldn't do such actions in the future other than "I might get hit."

And while we're at it, let's just be honest here for a second. Spanking is an easy way out for a lot of adults. Two birds with one stone. Spank the kids because they did something wrong, and cool down with physical punishment. Win/win, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem53 View Post
"What is your opinion about bullying?"

Who wants to know... What are you going to do about it...

Lol..

n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
gt8613 (05-09-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #54
Michael
Lovin' the Low Life

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
Soapbox time.

So... you have kids, right? Cause I'm sorta assuming not, since it's mostly people that are the best parents in the world are the ones that have no fucking clue what it's like raising kids. But if you do, feel free to parent the way you're doing so since they're your kids.

IMO, people shouldn't teach their kids not do things because they're fearful of the consequences. They should teach them to do/not do because it's morally correct. I'm not going to go out of my way to say don't spank your kids because I'm not that other kid's parent, and although I've popped mine for deliberately misbehaving, communication works far better than hitting.

Spanking just puts a fear of violence in a child, since it's the only punishment for the most part. They did something and they were hurt because of it, but they still might not have any idea why it was wrong. Teach your kid empthy and understanding and they'll know why they shouldn't do such actions in the future other than "I might get hit."

And while we're at it, let's just be honest here for a second. Spanking is an easy way out for a lot of adults. Two birds with one stone. Spank the kids because they did something wrong, and cool down with physical punishment. Win/win, right?
There is a difference between kids fearing abuse and fearing discipline. Yes, I have a kid that is 7 years old so you assuming that I don't by my post displays your ignorance. We all have our own ways to discipline children but what works for one person may not work for another. The clear point of this was that parents are letting their kids run rampant these days and kids do not fear any repercussion for their actions. Kids, in general, were much better before people were against spanking their kids more-so now than ever before.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:01 PM   #55
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
There is a difference between kids fearing abuse and fearing discipline. Yes, I have a kid that is 7 years old so you assuming that I don't by my post displays your ignorance. We all have our own ways to discipline children but what works for one person may not work for another. The clear point of this was that parents are letting their kids run rampant these days and kids do not fear any repercussion for their actions. Kids, in general, were much better before people were against spanking their kids more-so now than ever before.
You're right I'm ignorant to your situation, but forgive my attitude if the vocal majority circlejerk "I'm childless but let me tell you how to parent your child" doesn't get to me at times.

I don't believe you can just state that kids are running rampant now and it's worse now than it used to be without empirical evidence though I mean, you can state it, but that doesn't mean it's true... Our parents did stupid shit when their parents weren't looking, and their parents before them. Just, today when we have the technology that the entire world is connected via social media, and we have news 24/7 of what happened where, you're more informed of what's going on. That creates an illusion that the problems in the past were less severe, when realistically you just didn't hear about it because they were intentionally being swept under the rug.

I mean, here's just one article stating that the "golden age" of children wasn't just so, and kids will be kids.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/1...rch-finds.html
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #56
gt8613
I dream of BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
You're right I'm ignorant to your situation, but forgive my attitude if the vocal majority circlejerk "I'm childless but let me tell you how to parent your child" doesn't get to me at times.

I don't believe you can just state that kids are running rampant now and it's worse now than it used to be without empirical evidence though I mean, you can state it, but that doesn't mean it's true... Our parents did stupid shit when their parents weren't looking, and their parents before them. Just, today when we have the technology that the entire world is connected via social media, and we have news 24/7 of what happened where, you're more informed of what's going on. That creates an illusion that the problems in the past were less severe, when realistically you just didn't hear about it because they were intentionally being swept under the rug.

I mean, here's just one article stating that the "golden age" of children wasn't just so, and kids will be kids.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/1...rch-finds.html

I think the only way bullying is worst today is that it has evolved. Partly because of technology (electronics and social media) and people coming up with more passive-aggressive techniques. For example... were it not for the internet... people would not be anonymously 'trolling' on the internet and inciting flame wars... or saying offensive shit on websites such as CNN and other news stations.