follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 07-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #43
kwood9000

Drives: Limited WRB AT6 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
IT'S HERE EARLY!!! DELIVERY TOMORROW 2PM!!! CBS Premium MT with spoiler! Probably not sleeping tonight!!!
Congrats!!!

When was it supposed to arrive?
kwood9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #44
Nazarite
0 RWHP

Drives: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
IT'S HERE EARLY!!! DELIVERY TOMORROW 2PM!!! CBS Premium MT with spoiler! Probably not sleeping tonight!!!
Awesome man! Can't wait to see it!
Nazarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #45
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwood9000 View Post
Congrats!!!

When was it supposed to arrive?
Monday 7/30 has been my ETA at Troncalli in Cumming until now. It's an intercepted pre-order. Thanks guys pics will be inbound!
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #46
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Pics as promised are in my journal!

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13157
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #47
chandz05

Drives: CBS BRZ limited MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Went to the dealership this morning to figure out financing and everything - I'm one of those people that need to get everything prepared like a week in advance... but the ETA of my car has been updated to Monday! Really excited
Hey Kwood9000, James showed me the pipeline report. Your car's ETA is 8/20. There were 3 more cars on there that did not have dates, and he said he has sold 3 already.
Anyway, the SE Subaru Regional Manager's pre-production BRZ was there today. Limited SSM 6MT. They let me check it out and everything (no drive though lol), and man, it made me really glad I decided to get this car. Super sleek and super sexy. My only concern is that apparently, people have been stealing the Subaru logos on the wheels
chandz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chandz05 For This Useful Post:
kwood9000 (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #48
reeves

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
If you guys don't mind me asking.. how much did you all get your BRZ for? I wouldn't mind paying a little over MSRP, but wanted to know how much, if any, the rarity of this car is driving up prices.. particularly in this region.

And did you get the Premium or Limited. Thanks!
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #49
kwood9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandz05 View Post
Went to the dealership this morning to figure out financing and everything - I'm one of those people that need to get everything prepared like a week in advance... but the ETA of my car has been updated to Monday! Really excited
Hey Kwood9000, James showed me the pipeline report. Your car's ETA is 8/20. There were 3 more cars on there that did not have dates, and he said he has sold 3 already.
Anyway, the SE Subaru Regional Manager's pre-production BRZ was there today. Limited SSM 6MT. They let me check it out and everything (no drive though lol), and man, it made me really glad I decided to get this car. Super sleek and super sexy. My only concern is that apparently, people have been stealing the Subaru logos on the wheels
Thanks. I wish James would update me on any changes to the ETA. It would also be nice to let me know there was a BRZ I could check out.

Anyway, PenFed is offering 1.49% APR for up to 60 months, if you're interested.

Congrats on getting it Monday!
The Following User Says Thank You to kwood9000 For This Useful Post:
chandz05 (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #50
BRianZ
Brian

Drives: '11 Frontier CC & '13 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
If you guys don't mind me asking.. how much did you all get your BRZ for? I wouldn't mind paying a little over MSRP, but wanted to know how much, if any, the rarity of this car is driving up prices.. particularly in this region.

I paid sticker plus the dealer delivery fee of $785, on a Limited BRZ at Subaru of Gwinnett. I would not have paid a cent more either. Subaru's HQ has made it very clear to it's dealers that "mark-ups will not be tollerated". Im guessing due to the fact that they are advertising it as an every-mans sports car, and dealer mark-ups void that promise. If anyone has paid over sticker, they shouldn't have, and should report it to Subaru of America. You won't get your money back since you legally agreed to pay it, but you can at least earn the dealer a scolding.

Even paying sticker for a new car is strange for me. My current car is a 2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab. It's pretty well equipped; Bluetooth, sat radio, 6-disk changer, etc. and the sticker on that was $25,984 and I walked out the door for $21,000 after tax, tag and title.

Having worked at a car dealership i learned all the tricks. Even at sticker price dealers make a nice profit. Its the actual salesman's wallet that gets hurt if you pay less than sticker. But to be fair, even most salesmen don't know that. They are trained to think that their profits mirror the dealers. They don't. I gurantee you Nissan would never have let me get my truck for over 5k less than sticker if they were losing money on it. That is not how they got to be a top 5 auto maker.
BRianZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #51
chandz05

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRianZ View Post
If anyone has paid over sticker, they shouldn't have, and should report it to Subaru of America. You won't get your money back since you legally agreed to pay it, but you can at least earn the dealer a scolding.
I guess I got played. Paid a markup. Although in my defense, this was my very first new car buy. My only experience comes from "no haggle" dealers like carmax. And at the time of ordering the car and agreeing on the price, I felt like this was my only choice. Of course looking back now, this wasn't the case. I'll definitely be better equipped in the future.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #52
kwood9000

Quote:
I guess I got played. Paid a markup. Although in my defense, this was my very first new car buy. My only experience comes from "no haggle" dealers like carmax. And at the time of ordering the car and agreeing on the price, I felt like this was my only choice. Of course looking back now, this wasn't the case. I'll definitely be better equipped in the future.
At the time (end of March) if you wanted to preorder a BRZ in Atlanta, you didn't have a choice but to pay a markup at Stivers. If I knew how messed up the preordering system would be I would have looked for a non-preorder vehicle elsewhere. Live and learn.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #53
kwood9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post

$1k over. If you're looking for a BRZ now check out Autotrader.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #54
2pt5RS
Berz

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
that's awesome! congrats!

for the bolded part, did James tell you this? I bet it was a bold faced lie...most everything out of his mouth is a lie.
2pt5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #55
chandz05

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pt5RS View Post
that's awesome! congrats!

for the bolded part, did James tell you this? I bet it was a bold faced lie...most everything out of his mouth is a lie.
Thanks! I'll probably only be able to pick it up on Tuesday though.

And yeah, James told me that after I pointed put that 3/4 logos were missing from the wheels of the car that was there. Is there no truth to that? How much would those logos be worth anyway?
Old 08-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #56
reeves

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRianZ View Post
I paid sticker plus the dealer delivery fee of $785, on a Limited BRZ at Subaru of Gwinnett. I would not have paid a cent more either. Subaru's HQ has made it very clear to it's dealers that "mark-ups will not be tollerated".
Did you pre-order yours? It's nearly impossible to find one at MSRP, and even more impossible to negotiate the price down, unless you pre-ordered it.. and even then, it's no guarantee.

I think it'd be hard for Subaru to regulate the "no tolerance" mark up when so many dealerships are doing it.
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote