follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 06-19-2023, 08:02 AM   #43
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,098 Times in 2,048 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman View Post
All the real power is 5.5k and above. I took a few events to actually start going for it. It looks like the trans and axles are holding so that is good. It does feel a bit understeery and that was the only run I didn't screw up 1 or both turn around. I might switch my front sway bar to full stiff because i was having trouble getting the back end around on the turn arounds.

I'm actually thinking about just keeping the car and when my wrx comes in keeping it stock. It is too fun to get rid of
Centrifugal definitely is a hoot when you wind it out. Especially with a high redline, it just keeps pulling harder and harder!! What is your front/rear tire pressure? Try raising the rear pressure and lowering the front.
I found (after owning a wrx) that the AWD was lacking in excitement for me and I knew I always needed some RWD in my life, there's no wrong answer though. Feel it out and see!
Old 06-19-2023, 08:08 AM   #44
Breadman

Drives: 2017 BRZ w/PP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
Centrifugal definitely is a hoot when you wind it out. Especially with a high redline, it just keeps pulling harder and harder!! What is your front/rear tire pressure? Try raising the rear pressure and lowering the front.
I found (after owning a wrx) that the AWD was lacking in excitement for me and I knew I always needed some RWD in my life, there's no wrong answer though. Feel it out and see!

I run 27psi square. It worked out for me when NA on REs but now both those changed. The wear looks good but I havent thought about it much.

Also I will not be autocrossing the wrx. I just wanted a car that has a suspension that wont rattle my fillings out, and has working AC. 4 Doors is a major plus too. The 6k redline is real bummer when you had 8k to play with before
Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Breadman For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (06-19-2023)