follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-18-2021, 06:41 PM   #43
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakman16 View Post
im 22 lol and half the car scene is "posing" then what do u think show cars are most of the time. like you sound like a bitter 60 year old that shouldn't even own a sports car cause you have the mentality of, if I don't like it no one else should either. I don't like stance cars or underglow but im not gonna hate and try and ban people from doing it just because I don't like it lol
First I should move now I shouldn't own a sportscar? Your answer to everything is that I am at fault?
I doubt that half the car scene does pops and bangs and the ones that tune an engine that doesn't do it naturally are the very definition of posers. Who do they think they are fooling other than the other race car wanttabes that hard park and show off their cool noises? I don't think you have even two supporters in this thread for that matter.
I don't give a flying fuck about pops and bangs until I have a whole crew of morons driving through the residential neighbourhood at WOT just so they can impress themselves at 2 in the morning. I thought that was relatively clear in my first statement. Stance and underglow don't interfere with the neighbourhood. Driving WOT and then downshifting just to make a shitload of noise does. Maybe someday you will move out of mommy and daddy's basement and figure out just how obnoxious it is.
churchx (05-19-2021), soundman98 (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 06:58 PM   #44
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
delicious tuning pops and bangs?

A little crackle is one thing but this gun fire shit is lame as hell. It’s like the new BOV where dorks pull up next to you and get on and off the throttle over and over in an attempt to taunt or impress you. Let’s take it to a track and see how far those gun shot sounds get you.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
churchx (05-19-2021), soundman98 (05-18-2021), Tcoat (05-19-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 08:07 PM   #45
zakman16

Drives: Man
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to zakman16 Send a message via Yahoo to zakman16
no you seem to just hate and want to cancel anything you don't like so my answer is you should maybe just leave the car scene then because it doesn't seem like its for you. and over half the people ik and in my area have crackle or pop tunes most new cars literally do it from factory or from just adding an exhaust on its own as well lol and i get its obnoxious but thats kinda the point of modding a car isn't it is to make it different fun and stand out a bunch from other or stock cars in any and every way to a degree, and one again if you dont like people or busy areas move to small neighborhood... london is a huge city man people are gonna be everywhere no matter the time of day move to a small city if you dont like people still being up or doing dumn stuff at 2 am
zakman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:22 PM   #46
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,086 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Why cops and normal people hate car enthusiasts. Exibit #1.
Also interesting bit of news, that having common sense and not being evil is obstacle for belonging to car scene. I feel so unqualified to fit in with bros, yo
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to churchx For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (05-20-2021), RToyo86 (05-21-2021), soundman98 (05-20-2021), Tcoat (05-20-2021), weederr33 (05-21-2021), x808drifter (05-21-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 08:29 PM   #47
Tcoat

Quote:
no you seem to just hate and want to cancel anything you don't like so my answer is you should maybe just leave the car scene then because it doesn't seem like its for you. and over half the people ik and in my area have crackle or pop tunes most new cars literally do it from factory or from just adding an exhaust on its own as well lol and i get its obnoxious but thats kinda the point of modding a car isn't it is to make it different fun and stand out a bunch from other or stock cars in any and every way to a degree, and one again if you dont like people or busy areas move to small neighborhood... london is a huge city man people are gonna be everywhere no matter the time of day move to a small city if you dont like people still being up or doing dumn stuff at 2 am
You don't get it do you? It isn't just about me. There are several hundred people in this neighbourhood that have to put up with three entitled douchbags behavior.
I have been in the "car scene" since likely before your parents were born. We had loud exhaust and cars that popped BECUSE THEY ACTUALLY HAD POWER but we had enough respect for our neighbours to keep it down when driving through residential areas.
I am sure that both the other guys in your group are just as self righteous and entitled as you but eventually they will hit puberty and understand what dumbasses they were.
ermax (05-21-2021), pope (05-20-2021), soundman98 (05-20-2021), weederr33 (05-21-2021), x808drifter (05-21-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 08:39 PM   #48
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,370 Times in 7,407 Posts
Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Half the cars in your group have a pop tune? I’m going to call BS. And most cars don’t pop with just an exhaust or have a burble mode. So that’s two fibs in one post lol.

You can mod a car and make it different and your own without being a **** about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MICHAEL450f (05-20-2021), soundman98 (05-20-2021), Tcoat (05-20-2021), weederr33 (05-21-2021), x808drifter (05-21-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 11:27 PM   #49
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,674 Times in 6,782 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
so the only way i'm allowed to be a car enthusiast is to be loud, annoying, and obnoxious to others?

no wonder literally every state/country is frequently passing laws against 'car enthusiasts'...
churchx (05-21-2021), NoHaveMSG (05-21-2021), pope (05-21-2021), Tcoat (05-21-2021), weederr33 (05-21-2021), x808drifter (05-21-2021)
Old 05-21-2021, 02:18 AM   #50
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,625 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
When I was in HS we had a word for someone/something pretending to be what they aren't.
The kid who had a skateboard that clearly never got used, or the one who brought a guitar to school but didn't know how to play and clearly wasn't trying to learn either.

We called them posers.
Back then there was a word for posers who did stuff to their cars.
They were called Ricers.
Race
Inspired
Cosmetic/Car
Enhancements.

Putting fart can exhausts on otherwise stock D15 civics.
Cutting Springs.
Big ass wings where one was not warranted.

As Tcoat said. Highly tuned cars make pops and bangs for a reason.
If you are making your car make noise for the sake of noise.
x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to x808drifter For This Useful Post:
MICHAEL450f (05-21-2021), NoHaveMSG (05-21-2021), soundman98 (05-22-2021), Tcoat (05-21-2021), weederr33 (05-21-2021)
Old 05-21-2021, 06:17 AM   #51
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,161 Times in 1,998 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Attached Images

spcmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spcmafia For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (05-21-2021)
Old 05-21-2021, 06:21 AM   #52
saltywetman

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT 6M
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Agreed with most of the replies on here. That pops and bangs garbage is belligerent. And yes it affects all other car enthusiasts because when bylaws get passed targeting excessive noise pollution from vehicles you have cops that keep their eye out for all modified cars for anything resembling modified exhausts. Our city recently ticket people for simply enlarged tips regardless if the exhaust itself is loud or not.

Want pops and bangs? Throw one of your idiot friends in the trunk with a cap gun and let him go to town.

Attention whores like you ruin the local scene for everyone. The same type of people who rev the shit out of their engines and do burnouts and donuts at car meets leading to the property owners of popular spots banning car meets from taking place on their lots.
saltywetman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saltywetman For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (05-22-2021), Tcoat (05-21-2021)
Old 05-21-2021, 06:51 AM   #53
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
I started autoxing when I was about 18 and met a bunch of people who I am still very close friends with today at 44. We all still autox, do track days, build cars for the GRM2000 and still consider ourselves car guys. We all spent a little time going to car meets but they are literally full of people that actually know VERY little about cars or driving but they all think they do. Most of them don’t do their own work and have never spent time on a track. After going to a hand full of meets we gave up on it unless we needed a laugh. It’s also very bad for your health. Kids who can’t drive doing dumb shit in cars. So I wouldn’t really be surprised if half this car meet dude’s friends have pop and bang tunes. Little does he know the actual car guys are laughing at him and all his friends.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
churchx (05-23-2021), jflogerzi (05-28-2021), MICHAEL450f (05-21-2021), NoHaveMSG (05-21-2021), saltywetman (05-21-2021), soundman98 (05-22-2021), Tcoat (05-21-2021)
Old 05-21-2021, 07:26 AM   #54
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Half the cars in your group have a pop tune? I’m going to call BS. And most cars don’t pop with just an exhaust or have a burble mode. So that’s two fibs in one post lol.

You can mod a car and make it different and your own without being a **** about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't be surprised if half his "group" do. They are just like the group in the Fast and Furious just without the number of people, muscles/good looks, $100,000 modified cars, organizational skills to pull off shutting down streets, driving skills, witty banter, or the hot street racing groupies (especially not the hot street racing groupies).

If like the ones near me they are a group of about 6 with manbuns and constant vape smoke pouring from the car, poorly fitted Ebay body kits with 18"x 7.5" cheapass wheels, huge spacers to be "flush" and a fart can exhaust that would make a Ferrari sound like shit much less a 12 year old Civic, base model 3 Series BMW sedan or otherwise stock BRZ. They will drive at WOT in too low a gear to make all the noise they can for the 3 blocks to the local Tim Hortons parking lot. Once there they will all stand around drink ice capps while planning out their $800 turbo set ups. When done there they will throw all their trash on the ground, attempt to burn out of the lot (most of the cars can't even do that) and go and find a parking lot to do donuts in. Of course they call this a "take over". When one of them get's pulled over they will cry like a little girl and beg the cop for mercy then go back and tell their buddies that they told them to "fuck off you can't touch me". Then there will be the obligatory Instagram/Facebook/Forum post where they will say they did nothing wrong, the cop was just on a power trip, they have the right to mod/do as they please, they were unfairly profiled and the insurance company is just ripping them off because they are young.

But I am a bad member of the "car scene" (not exactly sure what that term means and it is worse than "enthusiast") because I respect and consider those around me.

I find it hilarious that I can fly out to a meet with a couple of hundred cars (almost all modified and some actual race cars) in Norcal and watch each and every one of them manage to drive through the park without a single show of speed, stunt driving or excessive noise but I can't sit in my own backyard in a strictly residential area of a relatively small city without listening to what sounds like the storming of the beaches of Normandy every few minutes.
NoHaveMSG (05-21-2021), soundman98 (05-22-2021)
Old 05-21-2021, 08:54 AM   #55
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,601 Times in 2,936 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Lmao cancel? STFU with that cancel nonsense. No one is forcing you to not do what you want. What we are telling you is the pops and bangs tunes are useless, annoying, and potentially detrimental to your car.

Also the point of modding a car isn't to be obnoxious. It's to enjoy and make it how you want. If you want noise, great. If you want handling, great. If you want power, great. And if you just want to be stock, great. I like subtlety and functionality.

People doing dumb stuff at 2am is the reason many places are enacting more laws on cars and noise levels. Go to bed. Play Fortnight. Enjoy an orgy. IDC. I think you need to understand "the car scene" is far more dynamic and diverse than you realize. It is it's own ecosystem.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Overdrive (05-25-2021), soundman98 (05-22-2021)
Old 05-21-2021, 09:21 AM   #56
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,543 Times in 2,948 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
I love all the older guys in here self-righteously bitching about the "dumb kids" making the car scene look bad and ruining everything. Many of these laws against car mods weren't enacted yesterday... So where did they come from? Well, turns out, the old guys in here complaining were doing all the same shit they complain about now with their hotrods. Their generations created the basis for these laws. They just did it with open headers on a bored out 454 instead of a Honda Civic. Hooning and distasteful mods have been around since cars were created. I've personally seen MANY stories from some old-timers on this forum about their own antics. This thread is the online equivalent of the Bingo hall they gather at to complain about "those damn kids and their long hair and rock musics"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brz, delicious tuning, ecutek, frs, pops and bangs