follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #43
KevinDuMa

Drives: 2004 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
How do you know Subaru is that kinky...
KevinDuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #44
sbxjap

Drives: '95 Honda Civic HB/'13 Subaru BRZ
Garage
I'm still sticking with the BRZ Limited.. I doubt they'll offer a turbo/STi version for at least 2 years... gives them times to build up demand and rumor mill...

As for difference from FR-S and BRZ Premium... check out that fender grill and Subaru emblems! Oh so aerodynamic! Has to add at least 5+ hp and down force!!!

.... but really, I think major difference is suspension set up, Nav, and HID headlamps and maybe the DRLs...
sbxjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #45
Canibuz

Drives: BRZ SOON!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Well seeing as the BRZ doesn't like to be on its back I am sure it prefers other more kinky positions...

The member of the BRZerhood formerly known as Reypt
How to spot a troll
Canibuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #46
sbxjap

Drives: '95 Honda Civic HB/'13 Subaru BRZ
Garage
that's a shame... I wanted to flip it over and have sexual relations on it... smh, oh what am I to do now...
sbxjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #47
DantKR

Drives: Subaru BRZ LT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
lol seriously? Comment deleted -_-; Subaru does suck for having a press release and saying "it'll be in 25k range" instead of just flat out coming out with the price.
DantKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #48
Canibuz

Drives: BRZ SOON!
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbxjap View Post
that's a shame... I wanted to flip it over and have sexual relations on it... smh, oh what am I to do now...
Attached Images

The member of the BRZerhood formerly known as Reypt
How to spot a troll
Canibuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #49
brzmaybe

Drives: Subaru
[QUOTE=sieeegel;162681]http://content.usatoday.com/communit...sult-200-hp-/1

Subaru says it's not ready to announce specific prices for its BRZ sports car, even though Toyota just announced pricing for the nearly identical Scion FR-S. Subaru does say that the BRZ will start at about $25,000, which makes it similar to the Scion FR-S starting price of $24,930, including shipping, for the manual transmission version, $26,030 for the automatic.

There seems to be an increasing difference between the way Toyota/Scion and Subaru are presenting their respective models.

Toyota/Scion is getting the car into enthusiasts' hands at enthusiast venues, from special events to autocrosses; Subaru is doing... what?

Toyota/Scion provided early design data to the aftermarket vendors and is providing preproduction cars for inspection/measurement analysis; Subaru is providing... what?

Toyota/Scion is publishing production production rates and prices; Subaru is publishing statements like "..extremely limited quantities..." and "... BRZ will start at around $25,000..."

I see passion and enthusiasm about the 86 at Toyota that I don't see at Subaru. Kinda makes you wonder if Subaru isn't more interested in getting a manufacturing fee from Toyota than actually selling/supporting the car.

Last edited by brzmaybe; 03-22-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: swapped model names improperly
brzmaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #50
A Gomez

Drives: Celica
[QUOTE=brzmaybe;162861]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieeegel View Post
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...sult-200-hp-/1

Subaru says it's not ready to announce specific prices for its BRZ sports car, even though Toyota just announced pricing for the nearly identical Scion FR-S. Subaru does say that the BRZ will start at about $25,000, which makes it similar to the Scion FR-S starting price of $24,930, including shipping, for the manual transmission version, $26,030 for the automatic.

There seems to be an increasing difference between the way Toyota/Scion and Subaru are presenting their respective models.

Toyota/Scion is getting the car into enthusiasts' hands at enthusiast venues, from special events to autocrosses; Subaru is doing... what?

Toyota/Scion provided early design data to the aftermarket vendors and is providing preproduction cars for inspection/measurement analysis; Subaru is providing... what?

Toyota/Scion is publishing production production rates and prices; Subaru is publishing statements like "..extremely limited quantities..." and "... BRZ will start at around $25,000..."

I see passion and enthusiasm about the 86 at Toyota that I don't see at Subaru. Kinda makes you wonder if Subaru isn't more interested in getting a manufacturing fee from Toyota than actually selling/supporting the car.
I think Subaru would have not created this car without having been ordered by Toyota to do so while Toyota would have done this on its own even if it did not control Subaru and not have Subaru as its partner. When most people would refer BRZ as to "a variant of 86", does Subaru have any reasons to be overly enthusiastic?
A Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #51
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prest1ge View Post
what do u mean you're not ready, subaru? hurry up and give us a number before I tie you up and kick your a$$......
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbxjap View Post
Maybe you should check this animation on YouTube, although in JPN.

http://sbr-gx.jp/

It is about a girl named "Subaru" with the affairs of her after-school activity in her high-school. The animation is sponsored by Subaru (FHI) and Gainax (Creator of Eva).
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #52
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibuz View Post
Well seeing as the BRZ doesn't like to be on its back I am sure it prefers other more kinky positions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibuz View Post

So much win.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #53
wu_dot_com

Drives: accord
[QUOTE=brzmaybe;162861]
Quote:
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...sult-200-hp-/1

i agreed. or SOA is dropping the ball bigtime. i think Subaru is sitting on a gold mine here.

first with toyota's slip up of branding it a scion. then with the higher than expected sticker price and pure pricing.

if subaru wants to, they can outsell more cars and make up the profit difference if they price the BRZ very close to the FR-s. im sure if the BRZ limited is within 500 of the FR-s, many people will jump ship becuase they can bargain with Subaru.

those fuk tards at SOA need to wake up.
wu_dot_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #54
catharsis

Drives: honda civic si 08
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'll be holding off purchasing for a few reason. Turbo model? First year model defects, oh and maybe I'll just snag a used one for less money.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #55
brzmaybe

Drives: Subaru
[QUOTE=A Gomez;162871]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzmaybe View Post

I think Subaru would have not created this car without having been ordered by Toyota to do so while Toyota would have done this on its own even if it did not control Subaru and not have Subaru as its partner. When most people would refer BRZ as to "a variant of 86", does Subaru have any reasons to be overly enthusiastic?
... so here's my point. If I'm buying this car as a platform for modification, and I'm (partially) depending upon the manufacturer to keep the aftermarket's interest.... maybe I should be buying the Scion.

I hope I'm wrong. We have a Subaru now (our first) and I like the car and the dealership where we bought it.
brzmaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #56
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Subaru does say that the BRZ will start at about $25,000, which makes it similar to the Scion FR-S starting price of $24,930, including shipping, for the manual transmission version, $26,030 for the automatic.

...Specifications for the BRZ, nearly identical to the FR-S:
*clears throat* I hate to say it, but I told you so!

No one believed me when I said there wasn't going to be THAT much of a difference in price and it appears it may be true. Yes, the BRZ comes with a few more gizmos than the FRS, but I did mention that they weren't gonna price it $2k over the FRS. My theory is correct (so far), I'm #2 in line for a BRZ at my local dealer and will happily drive away in it as others wait.

Tags
2013 brz price, 2013 subaru brz price, brz forum, brz forums, brz price, brz turbo, subaru brz forum, subaru brz forums, subaru brz price, subaru brz pricing, subaru brz turbo, turbo brz, turbo subaru brz