follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #4957
Panda Mao

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leveeyang View Post
Hey everyone, just joined last week and wanna stop by and say hi. I drive a 2014 red FRS and loving it. Although, I recently bought it I didn't know there would be so much haters out there.

welcome to the forums btw it shows that your from MN maybe its cuz your so close to MI home of old school detroit iron that they just gotta bash on your import
Panda Mao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #4958
Enders FRS

Drives: FRS MT SE 10 edition
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Mao View Post
welcome to the forums btw it shows that your from MN maybe its cuz your so close to MI home of old school detroit iron that they just gotta bash on your import

What makes this car amazing is not readily evident to amateur car enthusiasts. No big hp numbers, skinny tires, 4 banger. Everything awesome about this car is in the experience and flexibility. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enders FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:34 AM   #4959
leveeyang

Drives: Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
HELLO.....leveeyang and ..... WELCOME to ..... The Forum .....

Haters ....?? ..... out where .. ?? ....

Oh, to "thank" a post, first you must rack up a few (10 I think) replies to posts and then a little "thanks" button will appear at the bottom of posts on your screen. Just punch it ...

humfrz

Thank humfrz. Haters like couple of days ago I parked my car and people would come up to me and asked me why I just didn't get a Evo, WRX, or a Mazada because they can't justify 200hp 151lbt and how over rated. Then after I explain why I love this car and proved how dumb they are, they would say how come not a BRZ. Mann people are trolling! anyways thought that I share how there are so many haters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
leveeyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:15 AM   #4960
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,954 Times in 16,478 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Thank humfrz. Haters like couple of days ago I parked my car and people would come up to me and asked me why I just didn't get a Evo, WRX, or a Mazada because they can't justify 200hp 151lbt and how over rated. Then after I explain why I love this car and proved how dumb they are, they would say how come not a BRZ. Mann people are trolling! anyways thought that I share how there are so many haters.

Well, that's too bad some folks don't share your appreciation for a "balanced" driving machine like the FR-S.

Be happy .... we do ...

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:30 AM   #4961
VTR
Inactive Member

Drives: N/A
Thanked 4,214 Times in 1,820 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
G'day all,car and bike enthusiast from Australia here.

New to the place and so far very impressed.
VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:43 AM   #4962
SOCALFRS

Drives: 2014 Monogram
Garage
hello all, Been following this site and so much great information. I have A 2014 Monogram series.replaced my 2013 FRS with the white out, perrin Cat back exhaust, injen CAI, Unichip. absolutely love this car. i look for excuses to drive it.
SOCALFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #4963
leveeyang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Mao View Post

HAHAHA could be but after they bash on me about why they hate the FRS, my conclusion that I understand is three things:

1. That FRS is under the Scion brand. Change it to Toyota GT86 they would love the car even tho is the same car.
2. It's the most talked about car.
3. It's not turbo. -_- (not every car needs a turbo to have fun driving it)

Some of these dudes has never driven it and talked like they know so much about the FRS/BRZ.

On the bright side, people who do love the FRS/BRZ are the most friendliest and would want to hangout with you more often. LOL how one car can change people's life.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #4964
Doozer

Drives: gt86...among others
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hi Folks,

Former East Coaster... Now Far Easterner

Currently the lucky driver of another's GT-86 but still a Saab enthusiast at heart.

Owner has turned me on to this board and we've already found great suspension and tuning products from other members.

Looking to keep gaining know-how and speed from the good folks here.

Thanks for setting up a great place.

Take care,
Matt
Taiwan
Old 04-18-2014, 11:34 AM   #4965
honshu

Drives: 2008 Buick Allure
My First Day Posting

Dan here, its not my first time here, but its my first time posting. I have been following the FRS/BRZ/GT86 since its conception as a whisper and a rumor as a replacement for the Corolla. I have already purchased mine, but waiting for delivery, my delivery date is May 23. 2014. I purchased it back in Sept 2 2013. Ironically its my birthday gift to myself. Dont know why it is taking so long though. Just getting a nice stock one, but I will be customizing it with my friends help.
I am currently driving a 2008 Buick Allure, but I was holding off till I can get this FRS.
honshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #4966
Cycotech

Drives: 2014 FR-S Monogram Hot Lava 6MT
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Some of these dudes has never driven it and talked like they know so much about the FRS/BRZ.
I talked about the fr-s a lot before I got mine since ever since the concept came out. My friend who got his before me said he thought it was a 2.5L boxer and I said no its a 2.0L. It became a big argument and the last thing I said was go look at your engine bay and look it up in the internet. After that he never said a word or didn't want to admit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCALFRS View Post
hello all, Been following this site and so much great information. I have A 2014 Monogram series.replaced my 2013 FRS with the white out, perrin Cat back exhaust, injen CAI, Unichip. absolutely love this car. i look for excuses to drive it.
Congrats and welcome to the monogram club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honshu View Post
Dan here, its not my first time here, but its my first time posting. I have been following the FRS/BRZ/GT86 since its conception as a whisper and a rumor as a replacement for the Corolla. I have already purchased mine, but waiting for delivery, my delivery date is May 23. 2014. I purchased it back in Sept 2 2013. Ironically its my birthday gift to myself. Dont know why it is taking so long though. Just getting a nice stock one, but I will be customizing it with my friends help.
I am currently driving a 2008 Buick Allure, but I was holding off till I can get this FRS.
Welcome to the forum! Maybe its taking so long because it's being shipped from Japan and rebadging the car?
Old 04-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #4967
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,954 Times in 16,478 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME to @VTR , @SOCALFRS , @Ring Leader , and @honshu ......

humfrz - getten lazy
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #4968
leveeyang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycotech View Post
I talked about the fr-s a lot before I got mine since ever since the concept came out. My friend who got his before me said he thought it was a 2.5L boxer and I said no its a 2.0L. It became a big argument and the last thing I said was go look at your engine bay and look it up in the internet. After that he never said a word or didn't want to admit it

Congrats and welcome to the monogram club!

Welcome to the forum! Maybe its taking so long because it's being shipped from Japan and rebadging the car?

HAHAHAHA that's funny! He must of mistaking it for the tC 2.5L Camry engine. Yes I've talked a lot about the FRS too before getting mine but never doubt a FRS/BRZ owner about their purchase. I don't like the fact that when people say they know how it rides but never drove one.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #4969
MisterJBN

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS Monogram Whiteout AT
Hi everyone, new guy here. I've seen the concept FT86 when it was first announced and a buddy of mine happened to be the one who did the initial review for Motortrend for the Scion FR-S as well.

My faithful Rav4 was reaching near the end of its life (234k miles) so I went and got the Monogram Whiteout AT last week. Hoping to learn the tips and tricks from everyone!
MisterJBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #4970
Cycotech

Drives: 2014 FR-S Monogram Hot Lava 6MT
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
HAHAHAHA that's funny! He must of mistaking it for the tC 2.5L Camry engine. Yes I've talked a lot about the FRS too before getting mine but never doubt a FRS/BRZ owner about their purchase. I don't like the fact that when people say they know how it rides but never drove one.
He was thinking about the EJ25 motor. He used to own a 2013 tC before going to the 2013 FR-S. Maybe they rode in the passenger seat and went for the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJBN View Post
Hi everyone, new guy here. I've seen the concept FT86 when it was first announced and a buddy of mine happened to be the one who did the initial review for Motortrend for the Scion FR-S as well.

My faithful Rav4 was reaching near the end of its life (234k miles) so I went and got the Monogram Whiteout AT last week. Hoping to learn the tips and tricks from everyone!
Holy Sh!# Balls thats a lot of miles for that vehicle lol. Well it's a toyota anyway. Welcome to the forums and to the monogram club!

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo