follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 06-27-2014, 11:37 AM   #4873
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Any news on the 210+ kit? I have searched and haven't found any new information.

The innovate kit is my chosen FI, but i've been thinking about baseball to keep from blowin my load on it because of the 210+ kit.
tahdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #4874
mikalem

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
Anyone else running @DeliciousTuning's 8.59 rom notice that almost all of that nasty rasp/resonance around 4k rpms is gone (or at least, greatly reduced?)
That rasp/resonance was likely the car on the tip of mis-fire - 8.58 was doing it for me - on the test maps I was working with Bill on it stopped the moment he adjusted the ratio of DI/PI if memory serves. Car is much happier for it
mikalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #4875
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
can't wait for 8.59. Only think theres a few with it so far.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #4876
olorin

Drives: GBS Premium
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-mike View Post
Finally stitched together some video from the WBM event. Enjoy the whine!

Any plans to release that intake?
Old 06-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #4877
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olorin View Post
Any plans to release that intake?
Green lighted and welded up 4 of them yesterday. We will have some pictures next week. They will be powdercoated and use a giant filter in the engine bay. Best for intercooled setups or those running primarily e85.

Though not a cold air intake, the advantages of a full 3" intake and an oversized filter outweigh the benefits of a (restrictive) cold air intake.

No bumper removal required.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #4878
mikalem

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Green lighted and welded up 4 of them yesterday. We will have some pictures next week. They will be powdercoated and use a giant filter in the engine bay. Best for intercooled setups or those running primarily e85.

Though not a cold air intake, the advantages of a full 3" intake and an oversized filter outweigh the benefits of a (restrictive) cold air intake.

Is it going to require any scaling for the MAF in the tune, or is it completely plug in play if you were tuned with the stock airbox?
mikalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:16 PM   #4879
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikalem View Post
Is it going to require any scaling for the MAF in the tune, or is it completely plug in play if you were tuned with the stock airbox?
It will need to be scaled for. We'll provide our approximate scaling for other tuners, but AFRs should be double checked since it is a custom part.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
mikalem (06-27-2014)
Old 06-27-2014, 01:16 PM   #4880
olorin

Drives: GBS Premium
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Awesome, I'm interested. That will go well with your FlexFuel kit I just put in
Old 06-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #4881
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
Any news on the 210+ kit? I have searched and haven't found any new information.

The innovate kit is my chosen FI, but i've been thinking about baseball to keep from blowin my load on it because of the 210+ kit.
Is there any information other than the name? If not, I wonder if it's what people are thinking it is.

The current kit uses a 210 already. So, to me at least, 210+ implies that it uses the same blower. Would Sprintex make a bigger blower and name it the same as a smaller one? I wouldn't believe so..
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:08 PM   #4882
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco-REX View Post
Is there any information other than the name? If not, I wonder if it's what people are thinking it is.

The current kit uses a 210 already. So, to me at least, 210+ implies that it uses the same blower. Would Sprintex make a bigger blower and name it the same as a smaller one? I wouldn't believe so..

I have no idea. I'm trying to find out more information beyond "Sprintex is developing a 210+ and 335 kit."
tahdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:10 PM   #4883
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco-REX View Post

First off, I'm assuming that the 210 compressor is limited to the speed that it is, because of the critical speed of the shafts. So, my assumption was that the 210+ compressor would include shafts with a higher modulus of elasticity as that would move the critical speed higher. This would allow the same compressor to move more air. Hopefully these new shafts would include a different profile to help with efficiency at the higher speeds.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #4884
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post

Couple in tuning development right now. Definitely flows more air but we are refining the tune for it at the moment and working on getting some numbers on it.

8.59 Revision:
We are slowly releasing updates, as we need to customize each persons map, as every person has custom setups and this is a very time consuming process.

Intake Options:
As for intakes, we have different calibrations for various intakes now including Stock, Airaid, 3" and 2.5", all tested and running well on our new 8.59 tune. Of course you will need custom scaling for the 3" and some 2.5" but we have that taken care of now with some geat customer support.

Intake Temp Notes:
If you plan on running intakes that may induce more hot air than your standard intakes we have created custom intake temp compensations for ignition and fueling already built into our maps. In certain scenarios such as sitting in traffic, waiting in line at an Autocross or Drag event we have seen temps rise to near 180 degree Fahrenheit (80 C) on some intakes. But having these compensations in place helps to protect the engine from pre-detonation but can lower the torque levels of the vehicle, slowing response and power output until the air has cooled sufficiently.

So making sure you have cool ambient air coming into the FA20 engine is key on large or standard sized intakes for consistent and optimal power output. It may be worthwhile on the "warm" air intakes to add some sort of shrouding to the intake in order to keep cool air flowing to it or so that it draws cool air from outside the vehicle. Might be the best of both worlds, larger intake size and cool air.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
tahdizzle (06-27-2014), whataboutbob (06-27-2014)
Old 06-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #4885
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikalem View Post
That rasp/resonance was likely the car on the tip of mis-fire - 8.58 was doing it for me - on the test maps I was working with Bill on it stopped the moment he adjusted the ratio of DI/PI if memory serves. Car is much happier for it
All I know is that I had been running my stock axleback because of the rasp. Reinstalled my nameless axleback tonight and it sounds so much better now.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xjohnx For This Useful Post:
MINOCIN (06-27-2014)
Old 06-27-2014, 08:09 PM   #4886
MINOCIN

Drives: Asphalt 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
All I know is that I had been running my stock axleback because of the rasp. Reinstalled my nameless axleback tonight and it sounds so much better now.
This. I switched back to the stock muffler for the same reason, but after truly missing my Nameless axleback and then learning to keep my revs under 4K for daily driving I then switched back to the Nameless. I would love to get rid of the rasp at 4K though. I basically drive on a self-imposed limp mode because of it

I honestly thought the rasp was due to my headers in combination with the super charger. As though they were just a bad match and not well suited.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble
MINOCIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.