follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Old 08-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #4481
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
So I watched @Snoopyalien24 's video under his sig.

Lol

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Old 08-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #4482
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
I was browsing through the various YouTube videos of the twins and found this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ve2ruSov_I"]2013 Scion FR-S - Spinelli Scion Pointe-Claire - YouTube[/ame]

If you are advertising the car, AT LEAST GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. DS-4 Injection system... -____-
Old 08-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #4483
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post

If you are advertising the car, AT LEAST GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. DS-4 Injection system... -____-
Don't worry I left a comment

Old 08-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #4484
S2kphile
Resident HoneyBadger

Drives: Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
I've been doing the paleo thing for 6 months now. Won't ever go back. If I combine the nutritional quality of paleo with ketosis I get a little scared at how fast I lose body fat... like 1/2lb a day. I noticed that when I'm more in a ketogenic state, going without food for long periods is signficantly easier. In fact sometimes I would forget to eat.
Quote:
I wan't advocating Ketosis as a lifestyle choice (unless you have epilepsy), just that being in Ketosis before a fast can make the fast easier to put up with and remove body fat. In fact, if you fast without being in a relative state of ketosis (relative just means your body is used to using ketones for fuel instead of glucose like 60/40, it doesn't mean carb free) then your body will attack your muscles in search of glucose. If your body is accustomed to using ketones for fuel then when you fast your body will attack your fat cells to pull the ketones out of them for energy, that is mostly why fasting when you're in a state of ketosis is easier. Also, why would I want my body going after my muscles in a period hunger vs. my fat reserves? (rhetorical).

I assume your research and experiences doing this may validate this?

Considering the brain is completely composed of fatty tissue I find that strange that the body builder couldn't do arithmetic. There may have been something else going on. When I'm more keto (I'm never 100%) I feel smarter and more aware. The anthropological argument is that we evolved over 2.5 millions years using ketones as a primary fuel source, not glucose, however we always had some degree of low glycemic carb (nut/berry/veggie) which validates your statement.

No question about the carbs though. We absolutely need them and I try to adhere to the 33/33/33 rule. Omega3 fat / Omega 3 protein (wild, grass fed, free range) / low glycemic carbs.

And Guff, I don't eat raw meat other than sushi. The paleo/caveman/hunter-gatherer diet isn't about eating like they did, it's about replicating the nutritional intake quality which the human body evolved on up until the Neolithic ere (farming, agriculture, wheat, etc).

Anyway, I want to make this into a "how should people eat" thread so I'll just shut up. If you're interested more in Paleo, Google Dr. Loren Cordain or Robb Wolf.
I totally agree with these statements. I've been on the Paleo lifestyle for 2+ years now; however, I've know to occasionally dip into carbs here & there (alcohol & rice).

Also, I've been doing the Eat Stop Eat diet which consist of me fasting for up to a period of 24hours at least 1-2 times a week. It has helped me with my weight loss & control. And I've notice too, that while in a fasted state I'm more aware of my surroundings like all my senses are heighten x3. And not only that but my physical strength, stamina, mental state is stronger. I notice that I can lift heavier, run faster & longer, and do mathematics/problem solving like a top MTI college student.

I'm not saying it's for everyone but at least for me it's a lifestyle that I prefer especially when it comes to weight loss & control. I'm at a steady 135lbs down from 210+lbs at 5'5 and it doesn't fluctuate; even though, I have my occasionally college weekend of partying/eating.

If anyone wants to lose weight & control it I recommend Paleo Lifestyle along with Eat Stop Eat by Brad Pilon. Changed my life for the better.

Quote:

There was a Veilside widebody NSX though! And NOBODY knew what it was... People were guessing Ferrari or Maserati, it was hilarious...
Gaijin needs to watch himself some Tokyo Drift

Quote:

Insert women joke here

Walk like a King, Be like a Sir, Swag it out like a Boss
The Following User Says Thank You to S2kphile For This Useful Post:
Guff (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #4485
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

Something must be lost in translation. First the DS-4, then the DS04, and the FR-S becomes FR-s. I wonder if this was created by a bad typer...

@S2kphile MIT student.... Gee.. I am pretty sharp today at picking up misspelling...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Want.FR-S For This Useful Post:
Guff (08-04-2012), S2kphile (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #4486
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kphile View Post
I totally agree with these statements. I've been on the Paleo lifestyle for 2+ years now; however, I've know to occasionally dip into carbs here & there (alcohol & rice).

Also, I've been doing the Eat Stop Eat diet which consist of me fasting for up to a period of 24hours at least 1-2 times a week. It has helped me with my weight loss & control. And I've notice too, that while in a fasted state I'm more aware of my surroundings like all my senses are heighten x3. And not only that but my physical strength, stamina, mental state is stronger. I notice that I can lift heavier, run faster & longer, and do mathematics/problem solving like a top MTI college student.

I'm not saying it's for everyone but at least for me it's a lifestyle that I prefer especially when it comes to weight loss & control. I'm at a steady 135lbs down from 210+lbs at 5'5 and it doesn't fluctuate; even though, I have my occasionally college weekend of partying/eating.

If anyone wants to lose weight & control it I recommend Paleo Lifestyle along with Eat Stop Eat by Brad Pilon. Changed my life for the better.
Hmmm when did this discussion start?
My friend was doing the Lean Gains program (basically eat stop eat?, 16/8 intermittent fast) and told me to read up about a bunch of stuff. I'm a lazy fuck who doesn't work out, but I gave fasting a shot, along with carb cutting (was gaining a tiny bit of weight from overeating in the summer and at school). It also helped that our meal plan sucks balls and so this was a great way to save meal points (eat less frequently).

Fasting is pretty weird, it's really really difficult at around 12? hours, where I just really want to eat, cravings get crazy strong. But once I was past the 16 hour mark, I would start feeling really good, and not so hungry. Felt like I had more energy, and stuff. I didn't cut total caloric intake by that much so I only lost 8 pounds or so over 2 months.

Anyways I don't bother fasting anymore, I just eat as often as I want to badly enough that I get off my lazy ass and go cook However I'm a bit more aware about calorie intake and stuff, and I eat less carbs and sugar to match my lethargic lifestyle. At first it's kinda weird, since I used to eat insane quantities of rice and reducing the rice to other stuff ratio felt really strange to me, but as I cut carbs I remembered that eating lots of starchy stuff would leave me with a bit of a sick feeling everytime, and I'm glad to have gotten rid of that.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #4487
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Garage
This has to be one of the best Clarkson Intros... in the world.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBPhSAcQuU"]Jeremy Clarkson's Supercar Showdown. entire film in one video. - YouTube[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
Calum (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #4488
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kphile View Post
Insert women joke here
That's a weird looking kitchen
The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopyalien24 For This Useful Post:
S2kphile (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #4489
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I wan't advocating Ketosis as a lifestyle choice (unless you have epilepsy), just that being in Ketosis before a fast can make the fast easier to put up with and remove body fat. In fact, if you fast without being in a relative state of ketosis (relative just means your body is used to using ketones for fuel instead of glucose like 60/40, it doesn't mean carb free) then your body will attack your muscles in search of glucose. If your body is accustomed to using ketones for fuel then when you fast your body will attack your fat cells to pull the ketones out of them for energy, that is mostly why fasting when you're in a state of ketosis is easier. Also, why would I want my body going after my muscles in a period hunger vs. my fat reserves? (rhetorical).

I assume your research and experiences doing this may validate this?

Considering the brain is completely composed of fatty tissue I find that strange that the body builder couldn't do arithmetic. There may have been something else going on. When I'm more keto (I'm never 100%) I feel smarter and more aware. The anthropological argument is that we evolved over 2.5 millions years using ketones as a primary fuel source, not glucose, however we always had some degree of low glycemic carb (nut/berry/veggie) which validates your statement.

No question about the carbs though. We absolutely need them and I try to adhere to the 33/33/33 rule. Omega3 fat / Omega 3 protein (wild, grass fed, free range) / low glycemic carbs.

And Guff, I don't eat raw meat other than sushi. The paleo/caveman/hunter-gatherer diet isn't about eating like they did, it's about replicating the nutritional intake quality which the human body evolved on up until the Neolithic ere (farming, agriculture, wheat, etc).

Anyway, I want to make this into a "how should people eat" thread so I'll just shut up. If you're interested more in Paleo, Google Dr. Loren Cordain or Robb Wolf.
Well I've no experience with Ketosis diets with regards to fasting; only reason being that I've never fasted.

I wasn't speaking about general carbs, I advocate complex carbs which are low on the glycemic index anyway. Simple carbs I typically only advise directly after a workout and in moderation. Here's the catch with Ketosis diets, once your body gets in the mode of utilizing Ketones for energy rather than glucose (which the usual none sweets addicted person gets mostly from Carb's) it nearly forgets how to handle carbs in large quantity. People generally swear by the 3500 calorie = 1lb rule, but people on Ketosis diets don't exactly hit the same marker the way people who are used to pulling energy from glucose do. So essentially spiking your carbs for any particular reason results in temporary hard weight gain (not water weight but legitimate fat) until your body either adjusts or burns up the fat.

I'm no nutritionist; I speak mostly from personal experience having spent 5 years sorting out exactly what my body needed to both gain muscle and lose fat (which at their extremes are diametric processes, dependent on your level of activity).

When I ran a heavy Ketosis diet I lost weight FAST, the problem with that was I couldn't put on muscle. Lifting progress wasn't just stagnated I lost a bit of strength; my bench dropped from a max of 315 to a max of barely 275 over the course of 5 months. On top of which I ended up with a pouch instead of lower abs due to the rapid weight loss. With my current macros strength gain is gradual, energy levels are reasonable (I can't say great because I used to take supp's and still am a bit of a stim addict at 3-4 cups of coffee a day), but the important thing is my endurance is still great and my body's evened out to the point where I got my lower abs and oblique lines back.

The reason I told you to be careful was due to an overabundance of acetones (you seem like a pretty knowledgeable guy so I'll assume you know what they are) that could develop in your kidneys. I don't know exactly how much protein you take in per day but if you've been on a Ketosis diet for as long as you have and DON'T have kidney stones you're likely getting a moderate amount for your body weight. I know people that have had stones and they say the pain is worse than child birth. Just wanted to pass on the proteinuria warning I was given before jumping on a Ketosis diet, but I'm a natural bodybuilder so for all intents and purposes our endgame might be worlds apart.

"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory." ~Zaku
The Following User Says Thank You to SVTSHC For This Useful Post:
S2kphile (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #4490
S2kphile
Resident HoneyBadger

Drives: Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopyalien24 View Post
That's a weird looking kitchen
Man when did Scion start selling shoes & purses?

Walk like a King, Be like a Sir, Swag it out like a Boss
Old 08-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #4491
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Trying out an old program on my computer

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopyalien24 For This Useful Post:
Guff (08-05-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #4492
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Say @Dimman, how big of a chance at mass production do you think there is for "3d" profiled cams like the ones Ferrari has on the 458? How hard is it to machine something like that? There's some stuff (sketchy looking website though) about "helical camshafts" where it's essentially a 3d profile but one piece of the cam lobe is fixed and the rest of the cam twists around it. They say one of those camshafts costs 1500 dollars to machine But if you remove the helical arrangement and just have a mechanism to move the camshaft left and right a la Ferrari it should be less right?
Old 08-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #4493
Asterisked Accolade
Pedals over Paddles.

Drives: Celica GT-S | 89 Supra | 07' Accent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
It's more than solemnly. Fizzling AND perspiring? Figure out a better way to incorporate them or get rid of one. We know soda fizzles, you don't need to tell us that. You want to get artsy? Talk about a bead of water running down the glass as it's perspiring.

You need to learn to take criticism if you ever want to get published. Take a creative writing course at your local college; I was glad I took one when I was in school. The professor was pretty damn cool and I learned plenty.

I did take classes at my local college, actually. I don't like going on in detail, rather i like to use very descriptive single words. To be fair, if you know soda fizzles, you'd know about the dripping drop down the perspiring glass, too.

I received a lot of praise in my class for my writing, and i'm pretty confident in my style of detail-- although i admit the sentence in question would need to be revised in its next draft.

2002 Celica GT-S Track Car | 1989 Supra Track Car | 2007 Hyundai Accent AutoX | 2003 Cadillac CTS Daily
The Following User Says Thank You to Asterisked Accolade For This Useful Post:
Guff (08-05-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #4494
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Say @Dimman, how big of a chance at mass production do you think there is for "3d" profiled cams like the ones Ferrari has on the 458? How hard is it to machine something like that? There's some stuff (sketchy looking website though) about "helical camshafts" where it's essentially a 3d profile but one piece of the cam lobe is fixed and the rest of the cam twists around it. They say one of those camshafts costs 1500 dollars to machine But if you remove the helical arrangement and just have a mechanism to move the camshaft left and right a la Ferrari it should be less right?
No idea. But from a manufacturing point normal cams only really need a 2 axis grinder. Normal cams are slightly 3d in the sense that they have a very slight curve across their face but that curve probably comes from dressing the profile on the grinding wheel. Traditionally they are pretty basic mechanical tracing systems. But that's not going to be the case anymore.

Now if they had a 4 or 5 axis grinder they could do it without too much difficulty. But I'm not familiar with the fancy (more than 3 axis) CNC stuff. Or CNC grinding of any kind.

Issue with cams is they need to be hardened. So they would probably rough 4 axis mill them out, heat treat them, then finish 4 or 5 axis grind them. I could see it getting expensive.

Apparently Bosch used a single fancy 3d cam as a fuel 'map' on one of their early mechanical fuel injection systems.

Landis is the name of a company that does cam grinding machines, I believe.

Because titanium.
Closed Thread

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?