follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 02-15-2012, 01:54 AM   #435
Verge

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Thanks for the hardwork giccin. I wasnt part of the buy but i could understand the work you put in to help anyone who might want to be part of it. I say **** them and just wait for official word from subaru and maybe just get one next year.
Verge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #436
86design
Attack By Demons

Drives: 2022 BRZ (pre ordered)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post

I might just end up looking for an impreza. But dammit. Lol Wasted so much freaking energy. And it'll piss me off even more if I find that the 2 a year was a lie just so he can shoot the Group buy down.

Don't give up so easily....watch you'll see frank is just saying all these cause they want to make more money on the brz when it comes out...telling people that there's only a few in stock..we just have to wait for the price and see what dealers are saying about there incomng inventory..
Old 02-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #437
Buggy51

Drives: Put Put
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Feel like I let you guys down. Lol. Dammit. I should commit seppekku. DEATH BEFORE HONOR.
Lol, no need to be that hasty. You did your best with what we had to work with (admittedly, not that much). Well, I'll give Frank the benefit of the doubt, but if he truly did rescind the group buy for selling it at MSRP, then well, I hope there will be karmic balance lol.
Buggy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #438
Capt Canuck

Drives: BMW E36 323is
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy51 View Post
Lol, no need to be that hasty. You did your best with what we had to work with (admittedly, not that much). Well, I'll give Frank the benefit of the doubt, but if he truly did rescind the group buy for selling it at MSRP, then well, I hope there will be karmic balance lol.
Wow! Someone talking sense and not looking for rope and the nearest sturdy tree

As DavidROR points out 2-ish per/month per dealer based on some other metrics seems wholly plausible and maybe that was somehow miscomunicated in the discussion between the OP and the salesman.

OP:
How have you gone from this:
Quote:
HOWEVER!

If you want a group buy for any other subaru vehicles.. I can help you get $500 above dealer invoice for imprezas, WRX, outbacks, etc any other subaru vehicle.

Next year the 2014 model will have more released making it a larger group of vehicles. THAT will be a group buy and I spoke with Frank about it so we WILL MOST LIKELY get discount on add-ons, extended services for that group and the subaru VIP program WILL WORK for that deal. Guaranteed.
To this:
Quote:
Fucking lying greedy scumbag!
In less than a day?

Did you call again and find out some damning information? If not don't let a bunch of keyboard warriors get you any further riled up.
The response to the outcome of this attempted group buy is akin to kids at school yelling 'Fight! Fight!' to get a couple classmates to throw down.
Capt Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #439
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
I like yelling Fight! Fight!

I emailed SoA about this, I'll see what they say (assuming they reply, which they have been good about in the past).
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #440
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Well he just replied.

Basically he said:
-Thanks for bringing it to their attention.
-Customer service has not been given any information as to production numbers or how they will be allocated. So he can neither confirm nor deny it.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #441
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post
Wow! Someone talking sense and not looking for rope and the nearest sturdy tree

As DavidROR points out 2-ish per/month per dealer based on some other metrics seems wholly plausible and maybe that was somehow miscomunicated in the discussion between the OP and the salesman.

OP:
How have you gone from this:
To this:
In less than a day?

Did you call again and find out some damning information? If not don't let a bunch of keyboard warriors get you any further riled up.
The response to the outcome of this attempted group buy is akin to kids at school yelling 'Fight! Fight!' to get a couple classmates to throw down.

No. I was all in 1 conversation. He tried to console me by saying.. "I can still give you a deal though!"

He repeated that he could still get our group a "deal" if we were to buy any other subaru vehicles aside from the BRZ. Next year will be a different story though.

And I'm not getting all riled up. I was already frustrated that the group deal shot down. The POSSIBILITY that he lied to me is getting me very mad.

Did that clear up your view of how I'm taking this situation and other possible confusion? :P

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #442
wu_dot_com

Drives: accord
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
No. I was all in 1 conversation. He tried to console me by saying.. "I can still give you a deal though!"

He repeated that he could still get our group a "deal" if we were to buy any other subaru vehicles aside from the BRZ. Next year will be a different story though.

And I'm not getting all riled up. I was already frustrated that the group deal shot down. The POSSIBILITY that he lied to me is getting me very mad.

Did that clear up your view of how I'm taking this situation and other possible confusion? :P
Giccin,

i would proposed to keep the GB open as previously stated.

perhaps it would help by letting him know that members in this group buy are not interested in any other cars.

since most of us in this GB are serious in getting the car, we would really love to see subaru to come through with this deal.

now, since we are subaru fanatic, when this deal went through, the reputation of their commitment to us will skyrocket. which will help their dealership as a hole.

giving the current development, the GB condition will have to be alter accordingly.

Knowing that dealership needs / wants to make money, here are some conditions to move forward.

1. the GB list will effectively be close.
2. they should think of those that are on the GB are live advertisement for the dealership rather than the car. we are grass root advocates who will influence other potential buyers around the greater LA area in a very real way. they as a dealership letting the GB to go through is a very direct way to influence the immediate market. we are the seeds, and they will reaps the benefit when the supply meets the demand. when the demand for BRZ goes down, people in the LA area is going to see which dealership is most likely to work with them on getting them a deal. with the precedence set by us, which is a searchable history in the future years, people will go to their dealership as a first option, not one of many option.
3. by denying us of this GB, there are some very real impact. everything is documented on the internet for everyone to see. if it falls through, people are going to place Subaru of PH on the bottom of their list rather than the top in the coming years.

let frank know that we understand their dealership is constrain by SOA's ration. and we are not asking Subaru of PH to deliver when they don’t have a car.

all we are asking them for is to honor the deal and continue to fight with SOA to get more cars.

it is with in the best interest of Subaru of PH to go through with this GB. its a win/ win situation.
wu_dot_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #443
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_dot_com View Post
Giccin,

i would proposed to keep the GB open as previously stated.

perhaps it would help by letting him know that members in this group buy are not interested in any other cars.

since most of us in this GB are serious in getting the car, we would really love to see subaru to come through with this deal.

now, since we are subaru fanatic, when this deal went through, the reputation of their commitment to us will skyrocket. which will help their dealership as a hole.

giving the current development, the GB condition will have to be alter accordingly.

Knowing that dealership needs / wants to make money, here are some conditions to move forward.

1. the GB list will effectively be close.
2. they should think of those that are on the GB are live advertisement for the dealership rather than the car. we are grass root advocates who will influence other potential buyers around the greater LA area in a very real way. they as a dealership letting the GB to go through is a very direct way to influence the immediate market. we are the seeds, and they will reaps the benefit when the supply meets the demand. when the demand for BRZ goes down, people in the LA area is going to see which dealership is most likely to work with them on getting them a deal. with the precedence set by us, which is a searchable history in the future years, people will go to their dealership as a first option, not one of many option.
3. by denying us of this GB, there are some very real impact. everything is documented on the internet for everyone to see. if it falls through, people are going to place Subaru of PH on the bottom of their list rather than the top in the coming years.

let frank know that we understand their dealership is constrain by SOA's ration. and we are not asking Subaru of PH to deliver when they don’t have a car.

all we are asking them for is to honor the deal and continue to fight with SOA to get more cars.

it is with in the best interest of Subaru of PH to go through with this GB. its a win/ win situation.
I could give him a call regarding that. Even though the image of a greey lying "fucking" scumbag dealer still won't change of what I few of a dealer. :P

Might help out if everyone gave him a call.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
TOYOTA FT-86
Old 02-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #444
statuskuo

Drives: Honda Civic Coupe EX (2000)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Giccin - shouldn't put yourself down at ALL - none of us deserve all the work you put into this buy group. That being said I'm pretty sure Frank is a bastard for misleading customers this entire time into thinking they are getting a deal - which in fact we obviously can't as the markup / msrp will meet the demand for this car which is prob. why the deal got scrapped.

I also doubt 1-2 cars per dealership per year - that makes no sense from a company stand point of view if they want to make any $$ off of this car.
statuskuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #445
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
If you can I'd try to go over the dealer's head and get in contact with Subaru corporate. I think it would be a pretty cool publicity event for Subaru if they could deliver 15-20 cars to a large group of enthusiasts at the same time.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #446
wu_dot_com

Quote:
I could give him a call regarding that. Even though the image of a greey lying "fucking" scumbag dealer still won't change of what I few of a dealer. :P

Might help out if everyone gave him a call.
let me know if you give him a call.

I’ll be willing to call him too.

perhaps he is under the assumption that we all plan to buy them all at once.

i.e. we all set a day to go and pick up 10+ BRZ on the same day.

all we are asking is to have a good price when we put down a commitment to buy when they have those cars in stock. when they get the BRZ that fits our request, we will go down and close the deal.

i think many of us don’t have the unrealistic expectation that they are going have a car for everyone right up front.

when i call him, i would not go as far as calling him out or even throwing a bad attitude.

however, i will let him know that the online community right now thinks negatively of the dealership. people on both local and national level question the integrity of Subaru of PH which we think is a result of miscommunication.

As a result, we would like to work with Subaru of PH to get us that deal before irrevisable damage is made to their commitment to total customer satisfaction.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #447
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Should probably mention about the amount of imprezas sold too.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
TOYOTA FT-86
Old 02-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #448
wu_dot_com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
If you can I'd try to go over the dealer's head and get in contact with Subaru corporate. I think it would be a pretty cool publicity event for Subaru if they could deliver 15-20 cars to a large group of enthusiasts at the same time.
side stepping the dealership is not going to get us anywhere.

the dealership is Subaru corporate partner, the trade off between upsetting the dealership is much grater than upsetting a small group of buys.

matter of fact, Subaru corporate can very easily dump the responsibility onto the dealer, or the individual sales men. once that distinction is drawn, there will be no leverage for this GB to ever go through.

i see this as an issue between us and the dealership. we pressure on the dealership with our demands. the dealership reflects this demand with the corporate to get more cars. we need to bring this fight down to a personal level for the dealership so they have a stake in this matter to go through with the GB.

we are a group of enthusiast, so one way or another, we will get a BRZ, rather this purchase is made through dealer A or dealer B does not matter to subaru corporate. however, this number will matter to the individual dealers.

When we discuss this matter with the dealership, we have to make the consequences real and concert.

Tags
brz, california, group buy, socal, southern