follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 04-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #29
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
lol Ford is turning the 2013 Fusion into a poor man's Aston Martin, you can get that as your VIP car xD
Ikaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #30
Marloon

Drives: 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
Honestly tho if creature comforts are a big deal I don't see why you would want a car that has already been known for having a stiff ride
Creature comforts are great when the girlfriend get's too hot and wants the blower turned to max cold and I want it to be warmer. Of course, there's dual climate for that.

Also, the reason why i want this car is because a) it fits like a glove and b) reminds me of the 90 integra that I use to drive - low to the ground, great positive steering. I remember sitting in an s2K. that was great too!

Oh and of course, whenever I drive somewhere, people will recognize me as a drift champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaros View Post
When I first saw what the FR-S will come with I was leaning towards a BRZ too, but having thought about it over the past few months I have decided to stick to the FR-S because in the end this car isn't about the creature comfort. Sure it'll be nice to have smart entry, push button start and auto climate control, but in a few years we're going to have even better technology in cars and the creature comforts we have today would be outdated. All that matters a few years from now will just be how this car drives. If I really wanted a car with all those options I would be looking into a Ford Fiesta which offers all those options for a cheaper price.
Hmmm you guys aren't bothered by the yaris climate knobs?
Marloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #31
rawbz

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
for what its worth, the way I came to my decision is determining how much money I would spend on the FR-S anyway to get things the BRZ sport-tech already had. At which point it wasn't far off and everything OEM really makes a difference for me in my books as well so I ended up choosing BRZ (despite the fact I like the FR-S front end more like many of you)

However, still contemplating putting deposit down on an FR-S anyway.. I think something is wrong with me.. or all of us.
rawbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #32
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Garage
The climate controls does bother me because that (and to some extent the head unit) makes the whole car look cheap. I really don't see why they couldn't have made it look as good as the dual zone one.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #33
Marloon

Quote:
The climate controls does bother me because that (and to some extent the head unit) makes the whole car look cheap. I really don't see why they couldn't have made it look as good as the dual zone one.
cost? and so that people would spend more money towards the dual climate because it juts looks so sexy?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #34
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Garage
Lol I bet it's cause they were doing everything they can to get the starting price lower than 25k
Old 04-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #35
Marloon

Quote:
Lol I bet it's cause they were doing everything they can to get the starting price lower than 25k
true... those components and engines must be expensive too. 2-3K is probably their profit for this car.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #36
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marloon View Post
Creature comforts are great when the girlfriend get's too hot and wants the blower turned to max cold and I want it to be warmer. Of course, there's dual climate for that.

Hmmm you guys aren't bothered by the yaris climate knobs?

Tell her to take off her clothes? Now thats a win-win situation

The knobs really bugged me but after seeing them and touching them it isn't that bad I can live with them besides you only get them with the sport tech pack and I cant justify waiting until next year just for dual climate on such a small car
Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #37
Marloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
Tell her to take off her clothes? Now thats a win-win situation

The knobs really bugged me but after seeing them and touching them it isn't that bad I can live with them besides you only get them with the sport tech pack and I cant justify waiting until next year just for dual climate on such a small car
you're really swaying me towards the FR-S eh?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #38
Enemies

Drives: '13 SWP Sport-Tech (Limited)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I don't get why everybody is saying next year for the BRZ. It might be at certain dealerships but I'm sure if some people were willing to drive a few hours to places like Penticton, Vernon, and Kelowna they could get cars before long. I don't know for a fact but I'm guessing spot #3 at the Vernon or Penticton dealership would get a BRZ before spot #25 at the Richmond dealership.

What's the official FR-S release date? Until that's known I can't really see how the release of the FR-S is a pro over the release of the BRZ. If a customer in Canada gets their FR-S in May I'll be impressed. I don't see that happening though.

I understand what everybody is saying about not needing the creature comforts. Sad truth for me though is that I don't want to insure this car for half the year and drive a beater for the other 6 months. I don't want to make car payments for 12 months of the year when I only drive it for half of those. I want this to be my daily driver and not only a summer track car. And I also won't be buying something else in a year or two. So I think the creature comforts are going to pay off in the long run because if I have my way I'll be driving this thing for years and years and I'll probably learn to appreciate the extra features.

I think at this point I'd say whoever gets a car in first they're willing to sell to you should be the winner if it's really this much of a toss-up for you.

What was the ETA of Richmond Scion being able to get you the 20-whatever'th car into your hands? I assume you got a rough idea before pre-ordering?

My ETA for a BRZ was around June 18th.
Enemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:35 AM   #39
Enemies

Quote:
oh and i don't like the wing. YUCK!
Hehe, this cracks me up. I disliked the wing at first. And like many others I started liking it. Same thing happened with the bumper. I don't know if it's like seeing your child for the first time and thinking it's ugly, and then it kind of grows on you... haha... But yeah, all the little things that bugged me about the BRZ don't anymore... Except... that damn Hazard Panel... That's the ugliest thing I ever did see!

Edit: After the Scion stereo, hah...
Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 AM   #40
Marloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemies View Post
What was the ETA of Richmond Scion being able to get you the 20-whatever'th car into your hands? I assume you got a rough idea before pre-ordering?

My ETA for a BRZ was around June 18th.
The only reason why I pre-ordered at the O.R. scion dealership was because of the group buy - hopefully it'll give us some leverage to see if we can nudge pricing (HIGHLY DOUBT IT NOW SINCE I DONT THINK ANYONE IS BEING PROACTIVE ABOUT IT)

I am #3 at another scion dealership, #1 at another subaru dealership for a WRB Limited 6MT (given that they don't upcharge it - I believe that the owner is going to bump me because his friend wants the car - ), and #6 for Richmond Subaru for a white DV1SS/
Old 05-01-2012, 03:59 AM   #41
Marloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemies View Post
Hehe, this cracks me up. I disliked the wing at first. And like many others I started liking it. Same thing happened with the bumper. I don't know if it's like seeing your child for the first time and thinking it's ugly, and then it kind of grows on you... haha... But yeah, all the little things that bugged me about the BRZ don't anymore... Except... that damn Hazard Panel... That's the ugliest thing I ever did see!

Edit: After the Scion stereo, hah...
The BRZ/FRS is growing on me. I hated the way it looked before. I am still on the fence about it. I like the styling on the Veloster turbo though - thats just my honest opinion.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 AM   #42
Enemies

Quote:
The only reason why I pre-ordered at the O.R. scion dealership was because of the group buy - hopefully it'll give us some leverage to see if we can nudge pricing (HIGHLY DOUBT IT NOW SINCE I DONT THINK ANYONE IS BEING PROACTIVE ABOUT IT)
Hint?

Quote:
#1 at another subaru dealership for a WRB Limited 6MT (given that they don't upcharge it - I believe that the owner is going to bump me because his friend wants the car - )
I don't think any respectable dealership would do that so hopefully it's a respectable dealership.