follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #29
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
In China, I think you get death penalty for possessing firearms. Same for drug dealers. Trafficking is probably a lot of years in labor camp. Possessing a certain quantity of illicit substances also warrants death penalty.

On the other hand stuff like theft happens a lot, there's just a lot of opportunity for that to happen.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #30
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Ouch Mr. Jay, that sounds pretty bad...
Can you really fault them? They brought me over from a 3rd world country where my life is already 100x better than what it could of been and I act like a little shit doing whatever stupid thing I want without consideration or gratitude to my hard working parents.

Besides I learned to smarten up real fast or at least lie better hahahaha
Old 01-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #31
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I understand, I'm just saying it's one of the more harsh things I've heard...
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #32
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Sorry guys/gals I get pretty worked up over these things I don't mean to come off as hostile. It's because I work directly with this stuff. I'm actually sad that later this year I'll be moving away from the children programs, as I finished my second and third degree( yeah I'm suicidal in a way I dual major) I start my internship with the United Nation and I'm hoping that I'll be moved into corruption investigation and prevention wing of the organization. So that governments are sure to help prevent killing of innocence. Laws are paper until someone stands for them unfortunately disaster countries and third world countries have it worst then we all do. Children get the worst of it. It's going to take more than the UN and many organization and kind hearted people to stop these problems.

Honestly my view on child discipline is very Asian traditional, I even agree with that Tiger mom that was on tv recently. Something are crazy but it just lessons that must be learned.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #33
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Dark for your information, I work for one of those non profit human right organization, my current project is to clean up the country side of Vietnam and Thailand. I work children project, children who parents were either arrested for drug selling, or have jobs such as prostitution. I have done work with people on the Cambodia side.The only acception was last March I was put to helping Japan and it's crisis. I just helped work in my home country of Thailand for the flood recently. I know what's happening.

DO you know how hard it is for a government of Cambodia who is some what corrupt in different provinces from stopping illegal arms traders who make fake copies of AK47 and different weapons. Do you know how easy it is for drug traffic from Thailand to go into Cambodia? Some families train their kid early on to sell these drugs, or be look out for the authorities. And when they don't do it right, they are shot right off.

Don't tell me I'm wrong, you've probably never stepped foot into southeast Asia. And even if you did I'm sure you've never gone into the villages of the jungle to help make arrests. SO Please,in a dream world Im sure those laws work. Unfortunately this isn't.

Reality sucks.It's legal when the authorities wont stop it or look the other way.
It's not hard for Cambodian government to stop drug and weapon trafficking at all. Cambodian government is like a mafia group. President let all those gunners and drug dealers do the dirty job and finish them off after using them. However, I'm not talking about drug dealing and arm trading, I'm talking about shooting and killing people, which were what you were talking about. It's still illegal to carry gun without permission letter and kill people in Cambodia. You were saying it's not illegal, so...?
Dimman is right, I'm a Cambodian. I only lived in the Capital city( went to jungles, farms many times), where business competition is more dangerous than gun fire exchange in the jungle. I say, those jungle is not even 1% as crazy as what it is in the capital city.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #34
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
I was there to witness when they had a firing squad kill illegal traffic and drug dealers, I know it's illegal to kill people it's not legal anywhere except maybe Somalia but they lack a government. Thought I thought it was pretty unfair that the government would shoot teenagers with the dealers. My job back then was to make sure the teenagers would get pardoned or sent to a sentence. But not everyone got off. I can't get more into it because I'm under classification. But I think you've heard of the incidents between Thailand and Cambodia in recent years.

Your right it's illegal, but that's not going to stop a dealer from shooting a person and getting away with it, the Cambodian government is like a mafia and just like you said that they look the other way and clean up later.Things become legal once the government is paid off, the government is corrupt so much that honestly I wouldn't trust them to uphold anything that wont benefit them. Heck your capital city business war, I'm sure that has government corrupt backing behind all of it too as well. It's not even that hard to get a permission letter being out in the jungle, you can easily ask for a rifle to protect your cattle or farm from burglars or armed militia group or arms dealers.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #35
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
I was there to witness when they had a firing squad kill illegal traffic and drug dealers, I know it's illegal to kill people it's not legal anywhere except maybe Somalia but they lack a government. Thought I thought it was pretty unfair that the government would shoot teenagers with the dealers. My job back then was to make sure the teenagers would get pardoned or sent to a sentence. But not everyone got off. I can't get more into it because I'm under classification.

Your right it's illegal, but that's not going to stop a dealer from shooting a person and getting away with it, the Cambodian government is like a mafia and just like you said that they look the other way and clean up later.Things become legal once the government is paid off, the government is corrupt so much that honestly I wouldn't trust them to uphold anything that wont benefit them. Heck your capital city business war, I'm sure that has government corrupt backing behind all of it too as well. It's not even that hard to get a permission letter being out in the jungle, you can easily ask for a rifle to protect your cattle or farm from burglars or armed militia group or arms dealers.
You're right. Sometimes it's unfair, and hurt to see, but we can't do anything about it. Cambodian government is behind everything benefits them, no wonder. It just happens everywhere in Southeast Asia + China. There is no way you can carry a gun legally in Cambodia unless you pay to get into military, police department or other government organizations. Those permission letters issued to regular people are fake.