follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #29
UnOvertime

Drives: Firestorm FR-S AT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I started towards a degree in accounting then switched to finance, but then it hit me one day that I cannot do any of this for the rest of my life. Changed my major to history which I got panned for because "what did I want to become, a teacher?" Now I work in a museum which I love and I couldn't picture doing anything else. You have to do what makes you happy even when earning potential is not high.

Now finishing my thesis for my Master's is a whole other story...
Old 04-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #30
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
@Tanuki If your goal is to be a concept artist for Disney you are going to have to be a pretty good digital painter and work incredibly long hours.

My sister is currently a concept artist for Disney, she did the most recent art for the 7th princess inauguration and art for the new Attractions for the theme park. If you want I can ask her to chat with you so you can ask her questions about the industry.

Her and her husband did art/graphics/3d/animation/lighting/effects for; Harry Potter, 2012, Fantastic Four 1&2, IronMan 2&3, Spiderman 3, Final Destination 5, Hotel Transylvania, Battlestar Galactica, Battle Los Angeles, & Prometheus. Just an idea of the projects they work on.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #31
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Drives: Mint M3
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
@Tanuki If your goal is to be a concept artist for Disney you are going to have to be a pretty good digital painter and work incredibly long hours.

My sister is currently a concept artist for Disney, she did the most recent art for the 7th princess inauguration and art for the new Attractions for the theme park. If you want I can ask her to chat with you so you can ask her questions about the industry.

Her and her husband did art/graphics/3d/animation/lighting/effects for; Harry Potter, 2012, Fantastic Four 1&2, IronMan 2&3, Spiderman 3, Final Destination 5, Hotel Transylvania, Battlestar Galactica, Battle Los Angeles, & Prometheus. Just an idea of the projects they work on.
I would absolutely love that. Time is something I have, and I am more than willing to put the hours in to make this a reality. I just wish I had made this decision years ago. Let me know if she is willing to talk to me, I would really appreciate that. Very nice gesture.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #32
paNX2K&SE-R

Drives: '99 Miata turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8marsh View Post
I'm back in school for engineering after graduating a few years ago with a BS degree in Communications. (See what i did there?)

Best decision I have ever made; it's giving me a chance to learn about things that fascinate me and I will make actual money when I'm done.

Good to go back, just make sure it's a justifiable expense.
I see what you did there heh. I too earned a Bachelor's in Communications in college the first time around. Post graduation after 3 years of waiting tables and then 5 years working at a bank culminating with me being a commercial loan analyst hating life in a cube 8 hours a day M-F I had enough. I went back to school for Nursing and couldn't be happier with my decision. I've been an RN for a little over 2 years and really feel that I'm lucky to have a job where my work doesn't feel like a chore.
'93 240SX LS1 swap project
paNX2K&SE-R is offline   Reply With Quote