follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-01-2011, 01:24 AM   #29
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Honestly guys, if the interior is this toned down, and if they are going to use low quality materials, then it would be outrageous for them to price this more than $23k. $20k as the starting price would be nice.

I guess they are following their logic that people will get aftermarket upgrades for the car, so they made everything cheap. But out of all the things they could have been cheap on the centre dash really wasn't the place to start. I'm pretty sure a lot of thought was put into the 86's interior, why else would the BRZ have the same one if it sucked. It's terrible how they would just take out well thought out details like that.

@tripjammer
I wish us Canadians can have a choice like that. Here that 1 or 2k difference would turn out to be a 10k difference between the 2 versions.

I would love to jump over to the BRZ side but it's a shame how Subaru hates Canadians
Ikaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:25 AM   #30
boostcreep
Danger to Manifold

Drives: C5Z / NA Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdee View Post
No one is every happy, you guys wanted cheap. So here you go. Its a drivers car anyways, you want dual climate control, nav, push button start for what exactly?
So I can make teh womenz panties wet when I tell them my car has a push button start. That will distract them from my small penis.
boostcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:26 AM   #31
sharky

Drives: Infiniti G35
Why am I so disappointed?
Because I was not happy about the Sicon brand and the FRS name to begin with. Then Toyota named the car "86" around the world excluding US. More disappointment but I thought may be I can get over it. Then the "low spec" just push me over. I don't like the BRZ's front end and comparing BRZ vs 86, 86 definitely wins out for me by a long shot. Now with FRS the way it looks, I'm just SO SO DISAPPOINTED. May be they will have some options when it finally ships, I doubt it.

I just feel that Toyota are not true to their own words "not by committee", The way FRS is, is definitely by committee.
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:28 AM   #32
Kids Heart

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Why am I so disappointed?
Because I was not happy about the Sicon brand and the FRS name to begin with. Then Toyota named the car "86" around the world excluding US. More disappointment but I thought may be I can get over it. Then the "low spec" just push me over. I don't like the BRZ's front end and comparing BRZ vs 86, 86 definitely wins out for me by a long shot. Now with FRS the way it looks, I'm just SO SO DISAPPOINTED. May be they will have some options when it finally ships, I doubt it.

I just feel that Toyota are not true to their own words "not by committee", The way FRS is, is definitely by committee.
And now we are left with deciding between interior luxury or exterior design. I can swallow a $5,000 hit to get exactly what I want but I don't see that option.
Kids Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:30 AM   #33
boostcreep
Danger to Manifold

Drives: C5Z / NA Miata
I wonder what the percentage of people who would/could actually buy this car when it comes out, to the amount of people complaining about it is.
boostcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:30 AM   #34
Enzie

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Why would they make this thing the same price as the tC?

Also, everyone should stop complaining. Obviously the Scion will be a couple thousand cheaper than the Subaru. If you wanted the CC and Push to start and heated seats with the looks of the scion, then just get them as options and with any luck it'll be around the price of the Subaru. Like i said in an earlier post, It's like everyone here is a spoiled brat you people are never satisfied and always find something to complain about.

If anyone who is complaining had common sense, you would be able to figure out that getting the car at a low price point of 22-23k would require some cuts on quality and luxury.

If you also had common sense you would figure out that from the leaked manuals, you would be able to piece two and two together and figure out the scion would be cheaper, have cheaper materials, and have less luxury. It's a scion that is sold with one trim level, at a cheap price point. Add the options you want or buy the Subaru, infact.

What really gets to me is that I look at a lot of these complain posts and see the cars a lot of you drive, and a lot of them are nice. Nice to the point where I would say you are well into your late 20's or even late 40's. I am 19 years old, and I have the common sense to know whats what. I've lost so much respect for many of the members of this forum. It's like half the post i read are written by kids in middle school arguing about nonsense.

this is the longest post i have ever written ._. I have also come to the realization that it was for nothing, because the complaints won't actually stop. Thank god i'm not a mod who has to go through all these complaints on a daily basis
Enzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:33 AM   #35
MarkWF1

Drives: Toyota Tacoma
[QUOTE=tripjammer;85600]The interior looks so cheap....if its only $1k less than the base BRZ...forget it...
$2k less and we talking...but damn no push button start? This is 2012...we don't need keys in cars anymore. I knew Scion was gonna do something like this. I was hoping not...saying they would equipment the car well. But damn it is actually the low-spec version of the 86 with a cheap ass 1990's radio!

BRZ....BRZ!

You guys crack me up.. Something tells me that half the whiners that are complaining about the small stuff, really couldn't afford the extras anyway. You probably wont even drive off the lot with the BRZ.. What do you do for a living anyway? It's a large car market out there, that's the fun thing about it.. Shop and buy what you can afford. Personally this looks like just what the doctor ordered.. I don't live in my car, I drive it too and from work and take a road trip every now and then.. Course if I lived in it and did long commutes I wouldn't want this car anyway.. I'm buying it for the fun factor and because I can afford it.. I'm done participating in the whiners circle..

You have a good night now ya hear!
MarkWF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:33 AM   #36
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I think the way the buttons on the dual climate look is neat, but I won't really miss them much. Most of the other stuff could probably be retrofit from one to the other, even if auto climate is a pain. I do rather like that it has a key though. A button is a neat gadget, but there's something visceral and maybe a bit primal about getting in the car, putting the key in, and listening to that engine rev up. I mean, instead of get in car, push button, go.

I will say I really hope there is a HID option. Otherwise, if I end up with this car, I'll have to toss those projectors for a real HID setup. All comes down to price.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:33 AM   #37
MarkWF1

Drives: Toyota Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostcreep View Post
I wonder what the percentage of people who would/could actually buy this car when it comes out, to the amount of people complaining about it is.
Exactly!:
MarkWF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:38 AM   #38
willy213

Drives: scion
U look like a prime candidate for a S2000 or a Z, OP.
willy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #39
cassidy0998

Drives: '99 Ranger / '94 APU Supra / Ninja!
for those who are complaining - you guys do know that this car was pretty much designed after this right?

I think Scion is actually staying true to what the purpose of this car really is. I'm not a huge Scion fan, but right now the FR-S is my favorite of the lot - AS LONG AS IT'S THE CHEAPEST!! - They're actually giving us exactly what most of us have wanted - even more so than the Toyota and Subaru variant - a cheap lightweight fun "simple" sports car.

If you want it to have all of those extra little features, it will cost more. But if it costs too much everybody gets pissed off anyway.

Lets just hope that it stays simple, and cheap.
cassidy0998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:54 AM   #40
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDub View Post
But what if you like the look of the toyota front end and want the above?

The OP's point is the Japanese get the best of everything, be it BRZ or 86 and we get the shaft as per usual. I'm somewhat disappointed, but the only thing I really want in the FRS is the heated seats and the LED/HID headlights. Up here in Vancouver it gets freaking cold. Heated seats are amazing.

I would love to see the dual climate/nicer back seat/push start as an option for the FRS.
Should blame your country's safety laws. The Japanese get the best of everything? We get taxed just like everyone else. However we're not as big of an asshole when we drive. We actually say thank you when you let us cut you off. Lol

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:55 AM   #41
Sony

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ MT Limited
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
I'm sad that they got rid of the keyless start, fog lamps, the nicer radio and dual climate controls. This car will be my daily driver, not a track queen, although it will see occasional track use. So I would enjoy some creature comforts for my daily commute, nav is not needed as I have an Android phone, but winters are cold here in New England so heated seats would be enjoyable. Being a tech geek I've always enjoyed the idea of just sitting in my car and being able to start it without turning a key, and dual climate controls are useful since my girlfriend is always freezing cold and I am always very warm (I wear shorts and a t-shirt year round.) so our heating preferences are very different. However these are all things I can overlook with ease if the price is right, I do hope however that they are options that will be included when configuring the car to you liking, but if not then it's not a major loss. If I really care about these options at purchase then I will probably just get the BRZ instead.
Sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #42
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
The interior looks so cheap....if its only $1k less than the base BRZ...forget it...
$2k less and we talking...but damn no push button start? This is 2012...we don't need keys in cars anymore. I knew Scion was gonna do something like this. I was hoping not...saying they would equipment the car well. But damn it is actually the low-spec version of the 86 with a cheap ass 1990's radio!

BRZ....BRZ!

Toyota...the 86 rocks!
Scion.....you screwed the 86 up

You were the first person that came to my mind when I saw this thread!

You were so certain on HID, push start, 18's, High-Spec fully equipped etc! Just like the tC and tC7.0!! Foglights, rear spoiler, exaust tips... those are all options!

I don't know why some of you guys are even surprised! This is a Scion not a Toyota! You guys wanted a low priced car!

Lexus-High Tier
|
Toyota
|
Scion-Lower Tier

I'm changing mine up, BRZ B4 HOEZ!