follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 03-15-2014, 06:10 PM   #3949
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift996 View Post
Need some help (Intercooler/Coolant)
So my coolant level has been fine for about 6-8 weeks. Last week I noticed a sudden drop in the coolant level. It was at the bottom of the reservoir. I filled it up and today (the next day) it was down to the bottom. I filled it up and drove 2-3 miles and it went down by about an inch.

I can't find a leak anywhere. Not going in or out of the manifold, the reservoir, the t-fitting, the fittings by the front mount, the intercooler itself. I fear it might be leaking into the engine but the engine seems to be running fine. Does anyone know what else it could be? I'd hate to have to take the manifold back off. I'm closer to just pulling the kit and being done with it. cc: @mines13
If its not coming from any of the fittings, the only spot it would be coming from is leaking out of the intercooler. Did you check the fittings with a paper towel to make sure there is no leak? If you area losing that much, you would probably smell it at that point though.

Have you had issues with the intercooler prior? Not sure why you would go to such extremes as quitting and giving up lol. I do hear you though, I was pretty pissed the other day with the misfiring thing until I found out it was just the map sensor.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #3950
TemeCal

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
All previous customers are offered the free upgrade to the latest 8.5 revision. This has some major improvements in the following areas. (Tunes will be available tomorrow for all to request).
I'd like to request an update. Is this formal enough, or should I open a ticket?

Thanks!
TemeCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:49 PM   #3951
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calispec View Post
What is the thread size for that small fastener to the bottom right if the elbows. It screws into the manifold. I believe it is for a boost gauge. I am trying to find a nipple that will screw in there
I'm not sure.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:03 PM   #3952
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemeCal View Post
I'd like to request an update. Is this formal enough, or should I open a ticket?

Thanks!
Open the ticket so he can keep track of things and you don't get lost in the shuffle.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
DeliciousTuning (03-15-2014)
Old 03-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #3953
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Open the ticket so he can keep track of things and you don't get lost in the shuffle.

How do I open a ticket?
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:35 PM   #3954
swift996

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
If its not coming from any of the fittings, the only spot it would be coming from is leaking out of the intercooler. Did you check the fittings with a paper towel to make sure there is no leak? If you area losing that much, you would probably smell it at that point though.

Have you had issues with the intercooler prior? Not sure why you would go to such extremes as quitting and giving up lol. I do hear you though, I was pretty pissed the other day with the misfiring thing until I found out it was just the map sensor.
No prior issues. No leaks from anywhere outside the core/manifold. I'm just afraid to run my engine by having a slow seep from the core into the engine.

swift996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #3955
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
No prior issues. No leaks from anywhere outside the core/manifold. I'm just afraid to run my engine by having a slow seep from the core into the engine.
Really strange.

If it is just a trickle then it is unlikely to do any engine damage, but still it should be fixed. Hopefully something simple.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:31 AM   #3956
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
If you are 100% sure its not from any of the fittings, i'd pull your supercharger off and get the intercooler pressure tested.

Did you check and make sure the pump is working correctly?

I know that when i had a leak, I originally missed it. I know you say its not the fittings, but i'd check again. Smell every spot if you can, check with a rag, etc.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:05 AM   #3957
TemeCal

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
If you are 100% sure its not from any of the fittings, i'd pull your supercharger off and get the intercooler pressure tested.

Did you check and make sure the pump is working correctly?

I know that when i had a leak, I originally missed it. I know you say its not the fittings, but i'd check again. Smell every spot if you can, check with a rag, etc.
All of the leaks have been my biggest worry with the kit. So far I've been very lucky, not having any leaks.

Is Innovate hearing us? Are they working on solutions to these problems? I've heard they fixed their fitting issues, but what about the intercooler leaking issues? If only we could get Vortech's support, with the Innovate/Sprintex kit.
TemeCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:44 AM   #3958
choi0706

Drives: t
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
anyone got spare brass fittings ? I'll take the other two from you..
choi0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:17 AM   #3959
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_Bladesmith View Post
How do I open a ticket?
http://delicioustuning.com/user/login
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #3960
mad_sb

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20kosh View Post
How can a wobbly MAP sensor reading cause such a huge decrease in power >5k rpms. Not questioning you just asking what things are changing in the ECU when the MAP reading gets wobbly? How could this cause misfires?
Fueling, If the map reference is used in the fueling calcs a sin wave map signal will create a sin wave fuel output.

Yeah, this all confirms what my buddy saw with his sprintex kit months ago, swapped back to stock maps sensor and it cleared up. I assume it is only any issue at "full" boost when the pressure wave starts pulsing, since the oem sensor only reads .3 bar so it caps out and does not oscilate with the manifold pressure.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:10 AM   #3961
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Drives: Toyota 86 Satin Pearl White
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Need some help (Intercooler/Coolant)
So my coolant level has been fine for about 6-8 weeks. Last week I noticed a sudden drop in the coolant level. It was at the bottom of the reservoir. I filled it up and today (the next day) it was down to the bottom. I filled it up and drove 2-3 miles and it went down by about an inch.

I can't find a leak anywhere. Not going in or out of the manifold, the reservoir, the t-fitting, the fittings by the front mount, the intercooler itself. I fear it might be leaking into the engine but the engine seems to be running fine. Does anyone know what else it could be? I'd hate to have to take the manifold back off. I'm closer to just pulling the kit and being done with it. cc: @mines13
If you losing a bottle worth of coolant per day, you may have the same problem I had.
Suggest you attend to it ASAP as if you are leaking into the manifold, the coolant goes direct into the ports and dries around the valves.
Only way take kit off and have your cooler pressure tested, I had a leak from the oring on the inside the core.
If you have a dyno nearby, put your car on and do a power run as the car under pressure will cause the boost into the coolant bottle forcing coolant out the bottle cap.
The other possibility could be a cracked core, leaking into manifold.
I accidentally deleted my videos in error, could have given you idea what to look for.
Don't delay, before something serious happens.
Ryan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #3962
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
The numbers aren't impressive but not horrible. I've hit the wall on this kit and the only thing I can do running 92oct gas is to get a different kit, run meth injection, or run e85 (or both). I'd prefer to stay on the normal gas for convenience.

The kit can only run on the stock MAP sensor as any other sensor like the 3bar with freak out the ECU at the top end for an unknown reason. There's no post blower temp reading.

I'd say this kit is great for someone that wants about what you see in HP/TQ and doesn't want to bother getting supporting mods like exhaust, intake, a clutch, injectors, or fuel pump, and an OEM look, or just that nice supercharger whine.

The two lines are 75mm stock pulley, not intercooled, 92oct gas on BRZedit tune @Drift-Office Bob correct me if I'm wrong). The second is 70mm pulley, intercooled, 92oct gas on EcuTek.

Big props to Bob at Drift Office @Drift-Office and Mike at Moto East @moto-mike for figuring out the difficulties with this kit and making my car shine with what it has. You've earned a loyal customer with your superb customer service and quality work.

Name:  10147107_10151979687280911_711536159_o.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  96.5 KB
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stockysnail For This Useful Post:
DarrenDriven (03-16-2014), Drift-Office (03-17-2014), Toyota86.ir (02-26-2016), Xero-Limit (03-16-2014)

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.