follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 08-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #3375
missbrz

Drives: brz limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
I need to clay bar mine so I can get all the gunk from the Twisted Sisters runs off, but I don't have a garage to clay in .
i was also thinking of clay bar my brz , i wouldnt mind offering my garage for a fellow austinite
missbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #3376
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semprini View Post
Speaking of the sisters, who's going on Saturday? I think it would be nice to roll into Medina together. From central Austin, it looks to be about 2h, 20 minutes, but I'd personally rather not gather on 6th street What do you guys think would be a good place to meet up for anyone that wants to drive to Medina together?
I'm down to roll out, but I plan on leaving around 6:30-7:30. I'm in north Austin near Round Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_n_tx View Post
I am thinking about going, but need an idea of what time I can expect to be back here in Round Rock. I committed to attending an event with my wife in the afternoon.
You probably won't be back until about 2 at the earliest, but most likely 5 or 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbrz View Post
i was also thinking of clay bar my brz , i wouldnt mind offering my garage for a fellow austinite
Thanks! Maybe we can set something up after this weekend.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #3377
missbrz

Quote:
I'm down to roll out, but I plan on leaving around 6:30-7:30. I'm in north Austin near Round Rock.

You probably won't be back until about 2 at the earliest, but most likely 5 or 6.

sounds good just let me know !
Old 08-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #3378
FR-S Matt
Banned

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S MT
Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Well, I'm on my second stripped wheel stud in the right rear now. Discount Tire finished off the stripping on my last rotation and balance. Now I have no stud there. Have to get all this done by Saturday for the drive or I'm screwed.

Starting to hesitate about installing the Kraftwerks SC now. It's been sitting in my living room for almost 2 months now.
FR-S Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #3379
Jyn
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S Matt View Post
Well, I'm on my second stripped wheel stud in the right rear now. Discount Tire finished off the stripping on my last rotation and balance. Now I have no stud there. Have to get all this done by Saturday for the drive or I'm screwed.

Starting to hesitate about installing the Kraftwerks SC now. It's been sitting in my living room for almost 2 months now.
Hesitating because of the stripped studs or...? And is Discount not gonna pay out to replace it??
Old 08-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #3380
FR-S Matt
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Hesitating because of the stripped studs or...? And is Discount not gonna pay out to replace it??
Nope, they won't. Best part is the guy told, "The lug is stripped, but the wheel stud should be just fine"

Yeah, it wasn't fine. I didn't push the issue on them because I can fix it myself, but I bet I could get them to pay for it.

I'm hesitating because I spent a lot of money on it at not the best time, but I did get a job promotion so I may just ride it out for a bit before it goes on. I won't install it half-ass without an oil cooler, gauges (or Torque), and a proper tune, preferably dyno tuned.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #3381
Jyn
Noob

Quote:
Nope, they won't. Best part is the guy told, "The lug is stripped, but the wheel stud should be just fine"

Yeah, it wasn't fine. I didn't push the issue on them because I can fix it myself, but I bet I could get them to pay for it.

I'm hesitating because I spent a lot of money on it at not the best time, but I did get a job promotion so I may just ride it out for a bit before it goes on. I won't install it half-ass without an oil cooler, gauges (or Torque), and a proper tune, preferably dyno tuned.
Ah, I'm more familiar with that situation lol. I'm the same way with some parts I just bought and am sitting on until I have enough to "do it right." So frustrating
Old 08-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #3382
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Drives: '14 BRZ - WRB Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Ah, I'm more familiar with that situation lol. I'm the same way with some parts I just bought and am sitting on until I have enough to "do it right." So frustrating
Quote:

I have a sandwich plate oil cooler I have been sitting on for a long time, I need a couple pieces and also waiting for SCCA to finally allow them in my class. That is $280 I could have towards other upgrades.

... his name is...

C'THULHU
Turkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #3383
ron_n_tx

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S - Ultramarine
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

OK - I'm good to go. I have to be back by 5. Please let me know where and when to meet for the drive down from Austin.
ron_n_tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #3384
Semprini
Spline Reticulator

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
How about the Home Depot at 35 and Ben White (aka 71 aka 290)? All routes I see start either heading south down 35 to SA or west on 290 so that would be a good starting point for whatever route we choose. The drive from that point is a hair over 2 hours (2h10m or so, going speed limit), so if we left that spot between 6:30 and 7:00 , we'd be in Medina between 8:30 and 9:00 and give everyone a break to stretch/use the facilities/chat/snack before everyone groups up and starts heading out at 9:15.
Thoughts?
Semprini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #3385
Jyn
Noob

Quote:
How about the Home Depot at 35 and Ben White (aka 71 aka 290)? All routes I see start either heading south down 35 to SA or west on 290 so that would be a good starting point for whatever route we choose. The drive from that point is a hair over 2 hours (2h10m or so, going speed limit), so if we left that spot between 6:30 and 7:00 , we'd be in Medina between 8:30 and 9:00 and give everyone a break to stretch/use the facilities/chat/snack before everyone groups up and starts heading out at 9:15.
Thoughts?

I'd be down for that.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #3386
iSnack0nEmoKidz
Fried Rice Fanatic

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2013
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Thoughts?
Ditto to that. I vote for i35 :p fawk 290 and its lights. haha.

630 am....so that means i leave my house at 550 at the latest meaning i wake up at 530.... lawl...
iSnack0nEmoKidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #3387
missbrz

Quote:
Thoughts?
sounds good to me !
Old 08-07-2014, 06:31 AM   #3388
FR-S Matt
Banned

Garage
Well, I won't be making the drive now. Having caliper issues on my back right wheel and the last thing I need to do is be doing a hard drive on a loose caliper. Sucks. =/