follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 07-29-2014, 06:04 PM   #3347
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmpena View Post
Finally got my OEM Audio working properly! It sounds incredible!! And Daniel from OEM Audio was amazing to work with as well.

On a crappy note, I was trying to adjust the sensitivity of my alarm system...and I was testing the shock response by bumping the car slightly with my palm above the driver side door. Well, I guess I don't know my own strength because as I was walking away I looked back and saw a bunch of tiny dents where I was bumping.

Gonna swing by King of the Ding tomorrow and see about getting these dents removed. I feel like such a loser knowing that I just cost myself $200+ for being an idiot. Lesson learned.
Just curious, what was the issue with the OEM+ system?

Also, I feel bad, but I lol'd at your story. King of the Ding is good stuff though
Old 07-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #3348
ericmpena

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
Just curious, what was the issue with the OEM+ system?

Also, I feel bad, but I lol'd at your story. King of the Ding is good stuff though
The installer hadn't connected the cables correctly behind the head unit. I had to pull it out and Daniel walked me through which plugs went where.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #3349
Jyn
Noob

Quote:
The installer hadn't connected the cables correctly behind the head unit. I had to pull it out and Daniel walked me through which plugs went where.
idk about the BRZ, but I'm pretty sure things only fit a certain way. Unless the forced something in (which would require quite a bit of force), I don't see how that happened lol. Glad you got it sorted out though! What's your EQ settings? I wanna compare it to mine and maybe try yours out.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:09 PM   #3350
ericmpena

Garage
Quote:
idk about the BRZ, but I'm pretty sure things only fit a certain way. Unless the forced something in (which would require quite a bit of force), I don't see how that happened lol. Glad you got it sorted out though! What's your EQ settings? I wanna compare it to mine and maybe try yours out.
I have my eq set to flat most of the time, but I do have a few other eq settings I've been messing with to see what I prefer.

My sub is set to Full. How about yours? I'm thinking about switching to Robust. I don't really listen to bass heavy music, but I feel weird having a nice system without the choice to make the bass hit hard. I think it'll be easier to lower the bass on robust rather than me raising my eq settings to try to squeeze more bass out of the sub.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:50 PM   #3351
Jyn
Noob

Quote:
I have my eq set to flat most of the time, but I do have a few other eq settings I've been messing with to see what I prefer.

My sub is set to Full. How about yours? I'm thinking about switching to Robust. I don't really listen to bass heavy music, but I feel weird having a nice system without the choice to make the bass hit hard. I think it'll be easier to lower the bass on robust rather than me raising my eq settings to try to squeeze more bass out of the sub.
Treble in the middle, Bass +2. I think mine was a "test unit" on a demo car, or whatever the seller said. It's supposed to be a Robust tuning with "a little more time" spent on equalizing it. Honestly, it's alright. I get a lot of rattles on certain frequencies though. Just wondering if you've been getting those
Old 07-30-2014, 12:12 AM   #3352
ericmpena

Garage
Quote:
Treble in the middle, Bass +2. I think mine was a "test unit" on a demo car, or whatever the seller said. It's supposed to be a Robust tuning with "a little more time" spent on equalizing it. Honestly, it's alright. I get a lot of rattles on certain frequencies though. Just wondering if you've been getting those
Actually, I have a lot less rattles than before. When I start messing with the EQ settings and raising the bass I get slight rattles, but if I keep the EQ flat like suggested I have nearly 0 rattles. It's kinda weird because the music still sounds full and crisp...even at near max volume, but the rattles are just gone.

I didn't think to consider the rattles, but you're right. Maybe if I switch to Robust I'm going to awaken the rattles again. I had considered getting the doors and trunk deadened, but I wanted to hear how it sounded first without it. We definitely have to meet up and check out the differences in our systems.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:13 AM   #3353
Jyn
Noob

Quote:
Actually, I have a lot less rattles than before. When I start messing with the EQ settings and raising the bass I get slight rattles, but if I keep the EQ flat like suggested I have nearly 0 rattles. It's kinda weird because the music still sounds full and crisp...even at near max volume, but the rattles are just gone.

I didn't think to consider the rattles, but you're right. Maybe if I switch to Robust I'm going to awaken the rattles again. I had considered getting the doors and trunk deadened, but I wanted to hear how it sounded first without it. We definitely have to meet up and check out the differences in our systems.
Yeah, that would be an interesting comparison. I'm really satisfied with the engineering that went into choosing the components - I've cranked up the volume during demos and there hasn't been any clipping of sound whatsoever. The only complaint of mine is the rattles, but like I mentioned it's only certain frequencies (not even the lowest ones!). LMK whenever you head to a meet, I'll try and bring out the FR-S if I don't have a conflict.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:22 AM   #3354
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Drives: '14 BRZ - WRB Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I bought these last week, but finally getting around to posting about it.

SPT battery tie down and oil cap.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1406697750551.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  70.8 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1406697760373.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  65.1 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1406697774617.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  97.2 KB

... his name is...

C'THULHU
Turkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #3355
ericmpena

Garage
Quote:
Yeah, that would be an interesting comparison. I'm really satisfied with the engineering that went into choosing the components - I've cranked up the volume during demos and there hasn't been any clipping of sound whatsoever. The only complaint of mine is the rattles, but like I mentioned it's only certain frequencies (not even the lowest ones!). LMK whenever you head to a meet, I'll try and bring out the FR-S if I don't have a conflict.
I never get to make it out to meets because of my work schedule. We should get together sometime during the week...preferably not in my area though since the crime has been unreal over here lately .
Old 07-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #3356
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Drives: '14 BRZ - WRB Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I haven't seen any of y'all in a good long while. We should organize a mini-meet somewhere and grab some grub and geek our over our cars.

... his name is...

C'THULHU
Turkish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turkish For This Useful Post:
ericmpena (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #3357
ericmpena

Garage
The only person I've met is FRS Matt. I'd love to meet the rest of you guys and check out your cars!
Old 07-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #3358
yaguphire

Drives: white-out FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Definitely one of these days! I hear next to 2222 and 620 there is cars meet close to Steiner ranch.
yaguphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #3359
Odd
#

Drives: DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

http://www.khou.com/story/news/local...late/13395455/
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Odd For This Useful Post:
astateoffrs (08-02-2014), frsvr4 (08-05-2014), Jyn (08-02-2014)
Old 08-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #3360
ron_n_tx

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S - Ultramarine
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Anyone going to Lime Creek tomorrow?
ron_n_tx is offline   Reply With Quote