follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 07-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #323
FR-S Matt
Banned

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S MT
Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shneegle View Post
NICE! That is a very good header as well. Setup sounds like a very good combination.
I have the JDL UEL version of that entire setup, just a JDL overpipe instead. Not sure if that front pipe is catted or not, but mine is. EXHAUST BATTLE!

The N1 and Q300 are amazing bang for your buck exhausts.
FR-S Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-S Matt For This Useful Post:
Scavanger (07-26-2014)
Old 07-26-2014, 12:59 AM   #324
Scavanger
Avid searcher of things

Drives: Scion Fr-s 10 series
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Haha I'm down but I have no cats so I might be a bit louder, but with the windows up it's not very loud until I go under a bridge and sound like a corvette hahaha
Scavanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #325
kalamitykode
I draiv de cah

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S Matt View Post
It's a lot more noise than butt dyno, lol.
Butt dyno's fine with me lol. I'm happy with how it sounds.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #326
snoozr

Drives: 10 Series FR-S #751
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm going to be bringing a buddy with me so +1 for me now
snoozr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:37 PM   #327
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Drives: 2013 SSM BRZ Limited
Garage
Is anyone who is attending that currently has no front plate going to be picking up a relocate kit? I'm debating whether or not I should lol Not sure if I'm the only one thinking about this but figured I would ask.
Husker BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:57 PM   #328
bimmer635csi

Drives: 2013 Cayenne turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker BRZ View Post
Is anyone who is attending that currently has no front plate going to be picking up a relocate kit? I'm debating whether or not I should lol Not sure if I'm the only one thinking about this but figured I would ask.
Its not a relocate, but if you want the one that comes with the car, I never used mine.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:48 AM   #329
FR-S Matt
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Haven't had a front plate for almost 2 years and don't plan on changing that.

"Car didn't come with one, officer"
Old 07-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #330
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer635csi View Post
Its not a relocate, but if you want the one that comes with the car, I never used mine.
I already have the original one since I had the dealership leave it off from day one. But thanks for the offer!

Quote:
Haven't had a front plate for almost 2 years and don't plan on changing that.

"Car didn't come with one, officer"
Haha very true.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #331
FR-S Matt
Banned

Garage
Quote:
I already have the original one since I had the dealership leave it off from day one. But thanks for the offer!

Haha very true.
The dealer had a freakin' drill in his hand! He looks at me and goes:

"I don't think you want this on here do you...."

HMM, LETS THINK ABOUT THIS.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #332
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Garage
Quote:
The dealer had a freakin' drill in his hand! He looks at me and goes:

"I don't think you want this on here do you...."

HMM, LETS THINK ABOUT THIS.
Haha yeah thankfully the guy I ordered mine from was actually a car guy and cares about cars & what other people want lol. So as soon as I told him I didn't want them drilling the front plate in he was like "Definitely not!" and made sure to tell me each time we talked that they would not put their logo anywhere on it or put the plate on! I'm so glad they didn't because the car looks so much cleaner and if I had two holes in my bumper I think I would cry lol.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #333
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I just took my front plate off yesterday so I'm expecting a ticket on the way up there and on the way back -_-
Old 07-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #334
mackdaddytran

Drives: Toyota Skyline Type-R
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it. Just found out I'm on call for work that weekend.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #335
OVR_RUN
Decepticon

Drives: 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Got my plate suctioned cupped to the top of the windshield for about a year now no issues yet
Old 07-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #336
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
Imagine how I feel sitting here looking at all of them. I'm like, "Sorry guys. Something came up. Not gonna be able to make it this year. Got some work I have to do to my car." *busily installs all parts received*
haha....dateline Aug. 10th....*still wondering why Dustin was a "no show" yesterday, a large angry crowd with baseball bats begin to gather @ Dustin's home eyeballing his vehicle parked outside*.... Just kidding!!!!

Yo, everyone.....

Looks like 66 "86" cars plus a few guests accompanying and as it stands now, we have a total of 4 "team leaders" to head up groups of cars on the Twisted Sisters Run.

Group 1 - @TEWwild - Tim
IMO, Tim is our most experienced driver for the Sisters. He has been out there more than anyone I know. His driving style will be on the "agressive" end of the spectrum. Tim knows when to slow down to create a gap if he detects slow moving traffic is ahead. If your driving skills are advanced - que up in Group 1. Guaranteed fast and fun!

Group 2 - @Boosted - Alex
I've done the Sister's run with Alex at least 4 or 5 times and one time; me, Tim and Alex went out there on a Saturday morning after Cars and Caffeine in San Antonio. All's I can say is that they must have drank more coffee than I did cause I lost site of them a couple of times on that run!!!! Thankfully, they pulled over so I could catch up!!! Alex's car is slightly lowered so I suspect he will likely be on the lookout for a couple of the dips on RR335 and one or two rough cattle guards RR336 to ramp it down a notch in those spots...or, not...watching sparks can be entertaining! Guaranteed fast and fun!

Group 3 - @AteMyShorts - Steve
Steve has been lead car on the last two 3SIST3RS runs we've done and the pace he sets is purt near perfect. You will be challenged to keep up with him. Guaranteed fast and fun!

Group 4 - Open - still need a volunteer.

Group 5 - Open - still need a volunteer.

Group 6 - @Extreme86 - John
The most memorable run I've had leading a run was the time I had a Z-06 behind me!!!! Sum beoch had me out-powered on the straights but, on the twisties, I owned his a$$!!!!! Hey, I'll head up the last group so nobody gets left behind (latecomers, etc.) but , I do intend to get my adrenalin pumping on the twisties for sure. If you are a newb or lowered, I'll make sure I see you in my rear view so we don't get spread out. Guaranteed fast and fun!

Anyway, it would be nice if we could get Group 4 & 5 team leaders on the above list. Up to 20 or so cars per group is doable but, 10 - 12 would be way more desirable.

To avoid mass confusion....It would be to our advantage to "queue up" in a group now before we meet in up in Medina. When a group is present and accounted for they can head out from Medina to Leakey and we will likely put 10 to 20 minutes max road time between groups. Upon arrival in Medina parking will be a challenge...we'll space out the "Groups" in Medina by putting a numbered poster board OR blue tape on the windshield of the "Team Leader's" car. Simply look for the numbered car that you belong to, park near that car and get with that person. When everyone in the group is there....the team leader will brief the group and they will head out. Pretty simple.

The only experience you need to lead a group is to have done the run a couple of times so that you know the route. Team leaders will compare some notes ahead of time and share their knowledge with each other so everyone is on the same page as far as the "briefing".

We are getting close to T minus 10 days ... Really critical we get 2 or more people for team leaders now! ... Austin?? Houston?? San Antonio?? Come on...I know you are out there, you can do it. PM me or Dustin. Thanks!!!!

If Dustin concurs....by this weekend we can start putting names under groups! Everyone can pick the group they want to be in. First come, first served - Initially, around 12 max to a group if we have 6 team leaders. Comments / Suggestions welcomed!

Dustin has the "goods"...I have ALL the winning tickets!!!!!....I will play nice and share!!!!