follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #281
Andy

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please god, NO Sunroof! It takes up Helmet space for trackdays!
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #282
Random_Art
professional smartass

Drives: 16 speed mountain bike...
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Please god, NO Sunroof! It takes up Helmet space for trackdays!
I think they've said a few times that it won't have a sunroof. I, for one, am glad that it lacks a sunroof because, in my experience they either break in some way or start leaking before anything else does.

Goodbye Celica, you served me well.

http://artsofrandomness.blogspot.com/
Random_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #283
Andy

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I just don't like how they take about 2-3 inches of headroom away
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #284
markitect

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I doubt with the ultra-low center of gravity they would put on a sunroof, they may not weigh much if they aren't glass, but they are at the highest point of the car, so they have a big effect.
markitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #285
PACMAN

Drives: 2003 Shitfire (Sunfire)
oh please Lord let it have a moonroof!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #286
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,094 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Rear wiper vs no rear wiper

Snow stuck on the rear window... FRS in snow/winter... really? We really gonna go into this? Not sure where everyone live, but I sure don't see Mx5, S2k, 240sx, Z, or most of RWD in winter time (other than Lexus, Infinite, BMW, and all RWD luxury cars). EXCEPTION of some guys missing few screws in their heads and try to drive their Stang/Camero & fail badly and make more worse traffic.

Last edited by ichitaka05; 10-03-2011 at 04:22 PM.
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #287
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post

Snow the stuck on rear window... FRS in snow/winter... really? We really gonna go into this? Not sure where everyone live, but I sure don't see Mx5, S2k, 240sx, Z, or most of RWD in winter time (other than Lexus, Infinite, BMW, and all RWD luxury cars). EXCEPTION of some guys missing few screws in their heads and try to drive their Stang/Camero & fail badly and make more worse traffic.
Yeah i dunno about you guys who drive in the winter..
but when i owned a s13 and FC rx7, having a rear wiper helped out a lot because the shallow slop of the glass on those cars don't really help wash away dirt and crud that accumulated over a short amount of time. compared to some coupes who have a steeper sloping rear glass and don't really need a rear wiper, like the S14.

Even with rainX on the rear windows, the windows couldn't help get off the crud caked on them during the spring rains. And some of us can't wash their car every weekend. Iv gone through a months without washing my cars sometimes because of work and other priorities. and its even worse for us who live in large cities and have to park our cars on the street.

Looking at the FR-S it has a pretty shallow slop for a rear window, and my bet is that a rear wiper will help get some visibility back for people who live in these areas, or live in these kinds of situations.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #288
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
Yeah i dunno about you guys who drive in the winter..
but when i owned a s13 and FC rx7, having a rear wiper helped out a lot because the shallow slop of the glass on those cars don't really help wash away dirt and crud that accumulated over a short amount of time. compared to some coupes who have a steeper sloping rear glass and don't really need a rear wiper, like the S14.

Even with rainX on the rear windows, the windows couldn't help get off the crud caked on them during the spring rains. And some of us can't wash their car every weekend. Iv gone through a months without washing my cars sometimes because of work and other priorities. and its even worse for us who live in large cities and have to park our cars on the street.

Looking at the FR-S it has a pretty shallow slop for a rear window, and my bet is that a rear wiper will help get some visibility back for people who live in these areas, or live in these kinds of situations.
In the rain, now that's understandable.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #289
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Talking

rear wiper +1

Since I will be drving this car to canada once in a while, that will be a nice feature to have when I am there during the winter.
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #290
Sea1monkey2

Drives: 2003 Impala
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Snow stuck on the rear window... FRS in snow/winter... really? We really gonna go into this? Not sure where everyone live, but I sure don't see Mx5, S2k, 240sx, Z, or most of RWD in winter time (other than Lexus, Infinite, BMW, and all RWD luxury cars). EXCEPTION of some guys missing few screws in their heads and try to drive their Stang/Camero & fail badly and make more worse traffic.
If i remember correctly, wasn't subaru quoted saying that the ft-86 mule handled surprisingly well in the snow?
Old 10-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #291
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea1monkey2 View Post
If i remember correctly, wasn't subaru quoted saying that the ft-86 mule handled surprisingly well in the snow?
Not to be rude, but you gonna believe that statement without any factor/situation/driver/tires in there?

Max Orido can freaking drift/grip S2k (both stock & mildly tuned) in crazy blizzard at the track... vs me w my friend's S2k (lightly tuned) I just spin in circle, even though I don't want to.

Now FRS/BRZ is sports car that you control the car and not car control you. Which equal to less computer stuff... each I do think, all those inexperienced driver win fail to drive in unexpected weather/road condition (ex: driver who's used to ABS usually fail on unexpected brake control w car without ABS).

Now, I haven't drive FRS/BRZ in any weather condition, so I might be wrong. BUT from other FR car experience, this car might act the same in snow condition
Old 10-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #292
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I'd hate a rear wiper. I dont plan on using this car in the snow unless its for some RWD fun. But at the same time I hope their window defroster performs well.
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #293
pastuch

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Um, my Mom and I have been driving Miatas in the snow for years. She drove her Miata for two Ottawa winters (250+ inches of snow per year) with all season radials and made fun of me for forcing her to get winters!

I've also driven (extensively) Infiniti G35s and Mazda RX8s in the snow. They work great provided you have great winter tires which is necessary up here in the great white north. My room mate is driving her convertable Audi A4 this winter with Quattro and all-seasons. I advised her to drive slow

Edit: My first car was an RWD Toyota Previa minivan with all seasons. I drove across Canada in the middle of winter through some of the worst storm and snow you can imagine on my 18th birthday by myself over 3 days. I drove 19 hours driving the first day, 12 hours the second day and 18 hours the third. It's a miracle I'm alive but it did teach me how to drive in snow! I swear I'm not making this up, the police had to route my fan into the ditch around a full flipped 18 wheeler in the middle of the transcanada highway.

Canadians can drive ANYTHING in the snow.
pastuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #294
PACMAN

Drives: 2003 Shitfire (Sunfire)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastuch View Post

Canadians can drive ANYTHING in the snow.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Slow n steady, and a good set of snows! Will be driving my FT-86 year round!