follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 12:49 AM   #267
dnieves

Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
How is saying an auto transmission any worse than saying what parts can or cannot be installed on his car? "Because it was on Fat and the Furious" isn't a good reason. I could go into why I believe some of those are perfectly fine additions to your car but I'll digress

Because a transmission is an integral part of the car that comes in two flavors. Fart cans are usually cosmetic, purchased in the hopes of improving performance but usually end up disturbing the peace and waking the dead. Light kits, over sized wings, tilted tires, gaudy body kits and scissor hinges are non sensical additions that make their owners and the rest of the import community look like immature wanna be idiots. Lighting up the bottom of your car was fun 20+ years ago but it's amusing for a minute then gets old fast. Over sized (and stationary) spoilers? Do you think our little 200hp coupe creates that much downforce to necessitate such a thing.... never, might be useful as a shelf while tailgating. Cars lowered to an inch with excessive negative camber... if you want to look like an idiot go for it! I get a kick seeing those guys freak out when there's a speed bump or driveway. Scissor hinges make sense only on cars that were designed to have them from the get go (and even those are on the V12 models).

The rice boy rules are not exclusive to Honda Civic owners, it applies to everybody. Say whatever you want about Hondas, aside from the AT and the MT syncro issues in the past they built cars that last forever. It's just the stupid owners that tarnish the car and community (something I hope doesn't happen to us). I hope in the future the twins are admired and revered for making driving fun without gobs of hp (like the Miata) and not a blank slate for tacky add-ons (like pre 8th gen Civics).

P.S. when you say some additions are you including the stick on vents? In rice body mentality those add 20hp.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:51 AM   #268
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
I seriously considered but didn't ask on purpose. Every time I read about worn syncro woes I think about your car.
And it is the proper colour.
Cole (12-30-2015), soulreapersteve (12-30-2015), Ultramaroon (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 02:12 AM   #269
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,605 Times in 18,975 Posts
Mentioned: 1109 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
And it is the proper colour.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:43 AM   #270
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
I should paint my hood ultramarine.

Wait, wrong thread.
The Twins make me smile
The Following User Says Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 02:45 AM   #271
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
I should paint my hood ultramarine.

Wait, wrong thread.
Just swap with Ultra.
Cole (12-30-2015), soulreapersteve (12-30-2015), Ultramaroon (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 07:02 AM   #272
RichardsFRS

Drives: 2013 Pearl White 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnieves View Post
Because a transmission is an integral part of the car that comes in two flavors. Fart cans are usually cosmetic, purchased in the hopes of improving performance but usually end up disturbing the peace and waking the dead. Light kits, over sized wings, tilted tires, gaudy body kits and scissor hinges are non sensical additions that make their owners and the rest of the import community look like immature wanna be idiots. Lighting up the bottom of your car was fun 20+ years ago but it's amusing for a minute then gets old fast. Over sized (and stationary) spoilers? Do you think our little 200hp coupe creates that much downforce to necessitate such a thing.... never, might be useful as a shelf while tailgating. Cars lowered to an inch with excessive negative camber... if you want to look like an idiot go for it! I get a kick seeing those guys freak out when there's a speed bump or driveway. Scissor hinges make sense only on cars that were designed to have them from the get go (and even those are on the V12 models).

The rice boy rules are not exclusive to Honda Civic owners, it applies to everybody. Say whatever you want about Hondas, aside from the AT and the MT syncro issues in the past they built cars that last forever. It's just the stupid owners that tarnish the car and community (something I hope doesn't happen to us). I hope in the future the twins are admired and revered for making driving fun without gobs of hp (like the Miata) and not a blank slate for tacky add-ons (like pre 8th gen Civics).

P.S. when you say some additions are you including the stick on vents? In rice body mentality those add 20hp.

I just hope there is a future for them. The world needs this car to set a level playing field in the compact rwd (affordable) class. I hope it doesn't become one of those things, and just go away
Old 12-30-2015, 07:22 AM   #273
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,543 Times in 2,948 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quote:

How does the size of the engine justify scissor doors?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
drewbot (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 05:11 PM   #274
dnieves

Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
How does the size of the engine justify scissor doors?

Lamborghini 101: scissor hinged doors are reserved only for models with v12 ex. Countach, Diablo, Murcielago, Reventon, and Aventador

typical hinges are for V10: Gallardo, Huracan, Elemento, Egoista, and Asterion.

Leaving out other supercars and hyper cars as these doors were exclusive to them first.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:18 PM   #275
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,543 Times in 2,948 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Lamborghini 101: scissor hinged doors are reserved only for models with v12 ex. Countach, Diablo, Murcielago, Reventon, and Aventador

typical hinges are for V10: Gallardo, Huracan, Elemento, Egoista, and Asterion.

Leaving out other supercars and hyper cars as these doors were exclusive to them first.
That doesn't answer my question. Only as it applies to Lamborghini

Last edited by Ashikabi; 12-30-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:36 PM   #276
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,096 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
...& went way off topic. done

Closed Thread