follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List

Old 02-03-2015, 05:04 PM   #15
SOAZ

Drives: pinto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE View Post
I did try that as well, they are hard set on getting rid of everyone with unlimited :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celadrielas View Post
It's because they view us as a potential loss. Good guy business reminds us he's not a charity.
Yep, I'm good with their business decision, but that doesn't keep me from wanting this good deal to last as long as possible and I'll fight to keep it within legal means.
SOAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:22 PM   #16
Celadrielas

Drives: 2013 Asphalt Fr-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAZ View Post
Yep, I'm good with their business decision, but that doesn't keep me from wanting this good deal to last as long as possible and I'll fight to keep it within legal means.
Oh absolutely! and I feel you should. Let's be honest -- we aren't regularly using 200gb on our phones. But shit, you wanna have a Lan Party using your phone for internet? You can! And why? Because you're SoAz!
Old 02-03-2015, 05:27 PM   #17
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

Drives: Raven GT86
Thanked 1,321 Times in 701 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
I did try that as well, they are hard set on getting rid of everyone with unlimited :-(

Try to escalate further ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZOMFGAARON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:23 PM   #18
Bonks86

Drives: Gt-86
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I am telling you ... what I posted in my first post are the only 2 options left
Bonks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:30 PM   #19
JesseE

Drives: LS Swapped BRZ
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
I check craigslist every day, and they are all selling for 500 to 700 for that phone that you can buy brand new for 600 from Verizon without a contract...

and you can not do what you suggest anymore, like I said Verizon keeps the data package to whatever line the phone goes to, so even if I were to get rid of unlimited one 1 of the 4 phones (which I don't want to anyway) and tried to put that phone on my line, my line would switch to that same data package. Annoying, and stupid, yes, but whatever... Just have to wait for these idiots on craigslist to realize the phone ain't worth more than 250-300.
JesseE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:49 PM   #20
Bonks86

Drives: Gt-86
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
I check craigslist every day, and they are all selling for 500 to 700 for that phone that you can buy brand new for 600 from Verizon without a contract...

and you can not do what you suggest anymore, like I said Verizon keeps the data package to whatever line the phone goes to, so even if I were to get rid of unlimited one 1 of the 4 phones (which I don't want to anyway) and tried to put that phone on my line, my line would switch to that same data package. Annoying, and stupid, yes, but whatever... Just have to wait for these idiots on craigslist to realize the phone ain't worth more than 250-300.
that's just whay they are telling you. My sister has 2GB of data and I have unlimited. I switched my upgrade to her line on Verizon's website then ordered the new phone I wanted and activated it on her line. Then just re-activated her phone and then activated the new phone on my line and still have unlimited. I just did it earlier last year.
Bonks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:03 AM   #21
SOAZ

Drives: pinto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celadrielas View Post
Oh absolutely! and I feel you should. Let's be honest -- we aren't regularly using 200gb on our phones. But shit, you wanna have a Lan Party using your phone for internet? You can! And why? Because you're SoAz!
True, but I use 5-15 depending so I'd be paying a LOT on any other plan.
SOAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:51 PM   #22
Wyattkb

Drives: 2014 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonks86 View Post
that's just whay they are telling you. My sister has 2GB of data and I have unlimited. I switched my upgrade to her line on Verizon's website then ordered the new phone I wanted and activated it on her line. Then just re-activated her phone and then activated the new phone on my line and still have unlimited. I just did it earlier last year.
Good luck getting this done now. I got my S5 on release day using an upgrade from a limited data plan, from best buy. They said I had to go to Verizon store to keep my unlimited plan because there activation system wouldn't allow it. Went to Verizon, got in an argument with the manager so I left.

Called a Verizon rep in the parking lot, explained what happened in the store and she was able to do it. But she told me they were actively trying to stop this from happening in the future. Only reason she knew how to do it is because she just did it for her self.

TL;DR Verizon will NOT do this for you any more.
Wyattkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:13 AM   #23
Simplicity

Drives: 15' MT FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
You guys still considered your plans to be unlimited when they cap your data at a certain rate? I had AT&T before with the unlimited plan (grandfathered) and they would cap my data at 3 gig, which was bullshit. I got tired of it and switched to T-Mobile and they can careless about data cap unless you're secretly tethering.

P.S Don't do this if you live in a shitty area with bad coverage. Verizon tends to solved that issue.

Via Note 4 using Tapatalk.
Simplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:27 AM   #24
chubky

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I need some help, I got a old unlimited plan i'm not giving up...

I want a new Droid Turbo 64gig Ballistic Nylon.

All the idiots on craigslist selling for 600-700$ Which is more than what I can walk into any Verizon store and pay (599.99)

Curious to see if there is any chance to get one for less than 300? They are 249.99 in the store on 2 yr contract but Verizon is apparently being a a-hole to all the unlimited plan people and will not give us 2 yr contract prices on any phones anymore.

Hopefully someone has a loop around, I finally found a "new" lg g3 for my wife on craigslist for 300$. which would of been free at the time on contract through Verizon. Just really annoyed how bad they are screwing people with unlimited who have been with them for 10+ years

What I did was use my dad's upgrade and took his phone. Then my sister wanted a new phone, my mom has unlimited data as well, so I logged into Verizon's website, transferred the upgrade from my mom's phone to my dad and upgraded him again.

Now me and my sister have our new phones, unlimited data, and didn't have to pay too much extra. So find someone who's willing to pass up their upgrade. Old people don't seem to care much about new phones, so I'd start there.
chubky is offline   Reply With Quote