follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 04-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
FreshFRS
KCCO From Canada

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0aded View Post
This will be your cheapest route.
yupp and will help out any future upgrades you decide to do.
FreshFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #16
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Drives: 17' Focus RS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hix View Post
I just use my cell phone and earbuds. The streaming bluetooth to the headunit sounds terrible
Earbuds while driving???? What is this world coming to.
Timmy_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timmy_Jones For This Useful Post:
MidnightRunner (04-05-2013), Revmatch (04-16-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #17
MidnightRunner

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
You can run a cleansweep and set up an 8" through an amp set up in the trunk. Or just deaden the doors and run some nice 2ohm 6.5s in the doors. Or both!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #18
Hix

Drives: 2017 WRB PP
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones View Post
Earbuds while driving???? What is this world coming to.
I ended up putting Cyanogen 10.1 on my phone and now I can stream bluetroof just fine. I only used one ear in BTW I have to hear the car while driving.

All that being said the sound system in this car sucks mainly because the Nav unit they have is absolutely terrible and it seems as though it was a complete afterthought. I bet a $90 single DIN cheapo sounds better.
Hix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #19
Sensisnow

Drives: 05 TSX & 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I ended up putting Cyanogen 10.1 on my phone and now I can stream bluetroof just fine. I only used one ear in BTW I have to hear the car while driving.

All that being said the sound system in this car sucks mainly because the Nav unit they have is absolutely terrible and it seems as though it was a complete after though. I bet a $90 single DIN cheapo sounds better.
I'm running Cyanogenmod 10.0 on my Galaxy Nexus and I can barely maintain a charge while streaming Pandora through bluetooth, even using a 2.1amp charger. Do you have that issue with CM 10.1? If not, it may be time for me to upgrade.

Using an aux adapter in my TSX I can stream Pandora while running navigation all day long and only drop a few percent while on the charger, so the issue must be related to the bluetooth somehow. I know there's some bluetooth issues with android 4.2, but the version I'm running is based on 4.1.2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Visconti STG2 FlexFuel Tune - aFe intake - Perrin resonated catback - P&L header, front pipe, & overpipe - Kartboy short shifter - Eibach prokit springs - Smoked sidemarkers - Full LED interior/exterior - Kenwood cmos-210 backup camera - Hardwired Valentine V1
Sensisnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #20
Hix

Drives: 2017 WRB PP
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensisnow View Post
I'm running Cyanogenmod 10.0 on my Galaxy Nexus and I can barely maintain a charge while streaming Pandora through bluetooth, even using a 2.1amp charger. Do you have that issue with CM 10.1? If not, it may be time for me to upgrade.

Using an aux adapter in my TSX I can stream Pandora while running navigation all day long and only drop a few percent while on the charger, so the issue must be related to the bluetooth somehow. I know there's some bluetooth issues with android 4.2, but the version I'm running is based on 4.1.2.

10.1 drains my batter like mad too but if you get the battery saver beta you should be fine. Make sure you grab the nightlys every week or so.

Mine seems to have more issues with network killing battery than bluetooth. That being said even in a slow charger from an old phone I will gain battery slowly with everything pumping.
Hix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #21
Sensisnow

Drives: 05 TSX & 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
10.1 drains my batter like mad too but if you get the battery saver beta you should be fine. Make sure you grab the nightlys every week or so.

Mine seems to have more issues with network killing battery than bluetooth. That being said even in a slow charger from an old phone I will gain battery slowly with everything pumping.
Thanks for the tips, I'll grab the battery saver and flash one of the newer nightlies.

Edit: Found lots of battery saver apps on the play store, but no battery saver beta. Could you send me a link if it's on there somewhere, or is this something I could get from XDA?

Visconti STG2 FlexFuel Tune - aFe intake - Perrin resonated catback - P&L header, front pipe, & overpipe - Kartboy short shifter - Eibach prokit springs - Smoked sidemarkers - Full LED interior/exterior - Kenwood cmos-210 backup camera - Hardwired Valentine V1
Sensisnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #22
meow_mix
Good kitty...

Drives: Blür
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm not as disappointed with the sound as much as I am with the functionality of the head unit. That thing has to go. It is an insult to touch screens everywhere to even call it a touch screen.
meow_mix is offline   Reply With Quote