follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-31-2011, 03:32 AM   #15
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Gonna milk the guy for everything. Lol.. I feel like a jerk for doing that... but c'mon TURNING your entire body around, not paying attention and plowing straight into a STOPPED car. We were stopped because there were 2 cars infront of us making a left turn. The accord was going roughly 30-38mph because he made a left or right onto the street. There was a good.. 40ft *roughly 13 meters* straight away before he ran into us. It was deemed his fault so this doesn't necessarily matter... Lol

Btw, I don't know if anyone else has been in accidents or whatnot.. but we're thinking of getting a lawyer to do everything since we know the other insurance company will try to lowball everything plus we got some bodily damages going on.

Right now we're looking/hoping that the fit will be considered a total lost with gap (they also pay for the unpaid portion of the car) covered.

Car was bought at 15.2k. Judging by that picture alone... what can you guys say about percent of car destroyed?

Extras: The back seats won't fold down. All doors except driver's door could open. Some interior came off. Front bumper was also damaged because there was other cars infront equivalent to a big bumper dent but, might have some internal stuff damaged too. Air bags were not deployed.

Bodily Damages: Bf: Sore neck, something wrong with legs (difficulty walking) back hurting, wrist and arm bruised from steering wheel.
Myself: neck, seat belt rash on arm, back hurting (having trouble sitting) and legs sore/bruised.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:54 AM   #16
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Gonna milk the guy for everything. Lol.. I feel like a jerk for doing that... but c'mon TURNING your entire body around, not paying attention and plowing straight into a STOPPED car. We were stopped because there were 2 cars infront of us making a left turn. The accord was going roughly 30-38mph because he made a left or right onto the street. There was a good.. 40ft *roughly 13 meters* straight away before he ran into us. It was deemed his fault so this doesn't necessarily matter... Lol

Btw, I don't know if anyone else has been in accidents or whatnot.. but we're thinking of getting a lawyer to do everything since we know the other insurance company will try to lowball everything plus we got some bodily damages going on.

Right now we're looking/hoping that the fit will be considered a total lost with gap (they also pay for the unpaid portion of the car) covered.

Car was bought at 15.2k. Judging by that picture alone... what can you guys say about percent of car destroyed?

Extras: The back seats won't fold down. All doors except driver's door could open. Some interior came off. Front bumper was also damaged because there was other cars infront equivalent to a big bumper dent but, might have some internal stuff damaged too. Air bags were not deployed.

Bodily Damages: Bf: Sore neck, something wrong with legs (difficulty walking) back hurting, wrist and arm bruised from steering wheel.
Myself: neck, seat belt rash on arm, back hurting (having trouble sitting) and legs sore/bruised.
If you want the most out of this bad experience your better off with a lawyer. From my experience they are usually worth every penny.

Judging by your description of the car after the accident id say the frame is bent, and depending on the adjuster he could completely write off the car as totaled. Which I am predicting he/she would.

Right now id focus on getting you two comfortable, take some pain meds that target muscle aches and keeps the swelling down. I suggest ibuprofen + Naproxen (Advil) and a prescription of Percocet when the pain gets more severe and you need to see a doctor.

Also try cold compress on your sore muscles do not try to warm them up. You want to keep swelling down from your bruising and other injuries.

Fluids.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:06 AM   #17
Abflug

Drives: MR2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
get well soon!
Abflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:27 AM   #18
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
yes lawyer up and dont talk to no one but them will equal best results

I would say thats at least 10k worth of damage and that the cars gonna be a write off
Old 10-31-2011, 05:11 AM   #19
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Your injuries sound like they should not be taken lightly. Don't know much about lawyers (I've got cousins who are lawyers just not sure what kind!)... usually insurance policies cover between tens to hundreds of thousands in which case the other guy would just rely on his insurance.

$15xxx is what you got it for but you should ask your insurance company for its fair market value (they should tell you this upfront before any repair estimates are taken). There's also a website that calculates it but I forget which one. About GAP... fair market value is usually less than what you owe (that dang depreciation) so don't expect much, if anything, from it. Full coverage insurance is good though.

Each airbag and seat would quickly add a thousand apiece. As far as the damaged sheet metal... the crumpled rear can be replaced by an intact rear end from donors; they'd slice yours off along the door jambs then weld the donor on (I've seen this done on a Matrix) I'm guessing for 3-5k. Front end will be about 1k. You definitely have a bent frame not necessarily damaged because the crumple zone absorbed most damage; pulling the frame may be 1-2k. Doesn't look like he touched your suspension o/w that would add a few thou'. Add 2-3k on paint and parts. I'm guesstimating on the repair costs (my memory is hazy). You could google all this up but honestly nobody can judge if it's a total by your pics. The core frame closer to the inner section would have to have been damaged - THAT'S what gets cars totalled - and we'd need to take the car apart and see a close-up of that. If your adjuster gives you a lowball estimate, shop around for the *most expensive* collision center to do your quote.

My buddy's Versa got T-boned, frame bent, door jambs jacked up; it ended up fully repaired/clean title (I think he trusted his adjuster too much). I hate the collision repair industry with a passion.

Last edited by switchlanez; 10-31-2011 at 05:26 AM.
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:37 AM   #20
keiri
Toyobaru Wonder Twins™

Drives: 2020 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Glad you were able to walk away from this with much bodily damage (of course, not counting any lingering pains/aches). It's terrible when a non-attentive driver does things like this...

Good luck with the insurance and let us know how it plays out - I've never seen one like this so it'll be a new learning experience.
keiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #21
oneday
Opinionated

Drives: Something Red
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm not one for frivolous lawsuits, but negligent drivers really get under my skin so I hope you and your BF make out ok on this deal...the best advise I can give you though is to stop talking about it on the internet until you get a settlement.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:44 AM   #22
Laika
When In Doubt...

Drives: Slowww
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
That little pumpkin looks smashed! I hope you guys both get better soon and don't have to deal with legal stuff for too long. That can be a huge headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
If you want the most out of this bad experience your better off with a lawyer. From my experience they are usually worth every penny.

Judging by your description of the car after the accident id say the frame is bent, and depending on the adjuster he could completely write off the car as totaled. Which I am predicting he/she would.

Right now id focus on getting you two comfortable, take some pain meds that target muscle aches and keeps the swelling down. I suggest ibuprofen + Naproxen (Advil) and a prescription of Percocet when the pain gets more severe and you need to see a doctor.

Also try cold compress on your sore muscles do not try to warm them up. You want to keep swelling down from your bruising and other injuries.

Fluids.

WoW-are you in the health sciences field?

Join the Galaxy Blue Silica BRZ registry below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
Laika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:00 AM   #23
iff2mastamatt
Feeling Iffy?

Drives: it like I stole it
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Glad to see you're ok. My father was in a similar accident when I was a kid, except the driver rear-ended his car at 70 mph while he was in standstill traffic. His seatbelt failed and he went through the windshield, was nearly killed. His arm (which first made contact with the windshield) is permanently broken, but he after years of doctors visits he has restored much of it's functionality. There are some things you can not prevent, that's life. I hope your lawsuit will work out in your favor, and that you and your bf get better too. But seriously, count your blessings.
iff2mastamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:51 PM   #24
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laika View Post
That little pumpkin looks smashed! I hope you guys both get better soon and don't have to deal with legal stuff for too long. That can be a huge headache.

WoW-are you in the health sciences field?
im in the mental health field, much of my health care knowledge was from when i was an EMT, and my wife is a ER nurse. Brother in-law that lives with us is into Sports and Injury medicine, and thats all he ever talks about. and many of my uncles and aunts are doctors.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #25
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I hope you feel better

People can be so careless. It's a terrible thing.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #26
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
That sucks
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #27
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Dang Giccin, that looks like it was painful! O.O

You two take care of yourselves!

(Is anyone else not surprised that WoW works in Mental health? >.>)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:56 PM   #28
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Sorry to hear about the accident Momo! So I'm assuming that you/bf are going to put the wheel search on hold.

Even though its a rear-end accident, he'll be held responsible. Unfortunately, since both of you didn't have any bodily injuries and just sore muscles, I doubt you'll have much room to sue for pain and suffering to come out with a nice settlement.

Do see a Chiro and let the insurance companies deal with it since the car looks done.

p.s-One thing I learned from my recent accident is to record as much as you can from the other person. In my case, the lady who ran a red was sorry and apologetic at the time of the accident. When it came down to the claims adjuster story, ironically her story change.