follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #15
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Ok so I called Bertera Subaru in Hartford, CT. The guy said that was crazy what I was told. He is going to confirm that he can get the car I preorder. If he says yes. I will go down there tonight , see if I smell any bullshit. Hopefully they're straight up (I mean comon, I wan't to buy a car today lol) and I will be putting a down payment on 6MT LTD DGM.

After that I will call the other dealership, speak to the sales manager and let him know on the online forums I have informed New England buyers to avoid this dealership for the BRZ and other car models.

Just in case anyone in NE reads this. The dealership is Stevie Lewis Subaru, Hadley, MA
ngabdala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #16
wrbbrz

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Personally I care less about the color and more about the trans and trim. Pretty much any color the car comes in looks good to me.
wrbbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #17
Evil86

Drives: Monkey-butt red FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbbrz View Post
Personally I care less about the color and more about the trans and trim. Pretty much any color the car comes in looks good to me.
Trans and trim are important, but the red exterior does a nice job of matching the red highlights of the interior.
Evil86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #18
Dizz1e

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ (WRB)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbbrz View Post
but if you got a different color you'd have to change your name!!!
Dizz1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabdala View Post
YES I am in NE (Taxachusetts) and I'm willing to travel out of NE if I must. The whole principle of the thing with little info being out *almost* makes me want to get a diff car for 3 years and either keep it or if I still have the brz "itch" then I can only *hope* the situation will be different. Although, I do believe in some circumstances if you wait for something it will never happen.
When I lived in MA, Planet Subaru was a good dealership to go to.

The thing is SONE has a reputation of ordering cars with certain options and then telling dealerships what cars they can have. That's probably what the first dealership was predicting would happen. SONE doesn't even use the same ordering system that SOA dealerships use.

Now that's not saying that things are different now. But it has worked that way in the past with high demand cars.
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
Thefuzz

Drives: 2009 VW GTI <SOLD> 2013 SWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I was told the same thing when I inquired at my local dealer. The sales manager told me that they took 1 pre order with deposit then found out from SOA that they could not guarantee that guys car to him when he wanted it as it would eventually come in. So instead, my dealer created a "list" of those who will be contacted one at a time in order of the list when a car is received. I'm number 1 on that list so the dealer will call me first on any car they receive until I decide on one I like.

When I went in there I saw the spreadsheet myself with my name at the top and they still verified there was no markup for this.
Thefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #21
Oriental Life

Drives: Forester 2007, BRZ Limited '13
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabdala View Post
Are you the first preorder for your dealership?
I'm #4 and I put down deposit and got on the list in January, actual pre-oder submitted on Mach 1st . Its a crazy place I live in
Oriental Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #22
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Nice dude. Okay so Bertera Subaru of Hartford, CT has 36 allocated to them. They will be receiving alot more than one at a time. I ordered the DGM Ltd 6MT. It also states that my refund is 100% refundable. These guys are the 3rd largest Subie dealership in New England. Also, Hartford is the capitol of Connecticut so I'm guessing their needs will be prioritized versus dealerships not in the top 3 of this region.

If they **** me around when the cars come in I'll take the refund and just accept I'm not meant to have a subie this year.

I wanted to transition from the stress of hoping to find what I want to the "oh man I can't wait to get my car." Lets hope these guys keep their word
ngabdala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allocation, allotted, brz, dealership, order