follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)

Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) Everything related to the mechanical maintenance of the FR-S and BRZ

User Tag List

Old 11-17-2021, 09:31 AM   #15
blsfrs

Drives: 2013 frs base
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
Is definitely something something with the transmission. The car absolutely quiet in the morning when I first start it. The sound comes on by the time I get to work, and it goes away every time I press the clutch. I have no idea what would cause it.
With the engine running, go under the hood and put your fingers on the clutch fork. Can you feel vibration that goes with your noise? Try pulling the top of the clutch fork towards the engine and see if it goes away. I rigged a return spring on my clutch fork to get rid of an annoying squeak after installing a Versus fork.
blsfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blsfrs For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (11-17-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 01:58 PM   #16
PulsarBeeerz

Drives: JRSC BRZ SOLD
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blsfrs View Post
With the engine running, go under the hood and put your fingers on the clutch fork. Can you feel vibration that goes with your noise? Try pulling the top of the clutch fork towards the engine and see if it goes away. I rigged a return spring on my clutch fork to get rid of an annoying squeak after installing a Versus fork.
I got that noise after installing the Verus fork as well. I think the harder material is to blame. Doesn't hurt anything but reminds one they aren't oem parts. lol
PulsarBeeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PulsarBeeerz For This Useful Post:
blsfrs (11-17-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 09:31 PM   #17
blsfrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PulsarBeeerz View Post
I got that noise after installing the Verus fork as well. I think the harder material is to blame. Doesn't hurt anything but reminds one they aren't oem parts. lol
Did you retain the boot? I trimmed mine to help the thicker fork retract and still had to add a spring.
Old 05-01-2023, 12:06 AM   #18
Slowbro

Drives: '18 BRZ 50th Edition
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blsfrs View Post
Did you retain the boot? I trimmed mine to help the thicker fork retract and still had to add a spring.

Back from the dead.. Do you have a picture of your spring you rigged to the Verus fork?
Old 05-02-2023, 12:54 PM   #19
blsfrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowbro View Post
Back from the dead.. Do you have a picture of your spring you rigged to the Verus fork?
Best that could do at this time since my engine is out of the car AGAIN.

I used a heavy zip tie on the clutch fork and made a hook were the bolt for the power brake tube is fastened to the engine. I needed only a little tension to keep the TOB off the PP to get rid of that annoying little squeak.
Attached Images