follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 09-01-2019, 11:15 PM   #15
NCtoBRZ

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
With how few were available on dealer lots here in the northeast most people I know either special ordered, had the dealer get one from another somewhere else or traveled for theirs. Generally if you're ordering or the dealer is going to extreme measures to get one for you it's not going to be discounted much if at all. I know of quite a few people that paid $27k or higher especially for PP or special editions.

In '14 when I got mine those were the only significant differences which is why I went CPO rather than brand new. Well, that and the 100k warranty rather than 36k which turned out to be pretty important as they were still correcting things on my car right into the mid 90k range. The Alcantara seats weren't a factor for me at all, I actually don't like leather seats much anyway. Push button is cool but ehh, whatever. As small as the cabin is I still can't figure out why the dual zone even matters.
Since you bought yours back in 2014, I can understand that the prices weren’t what they are now and it probably wasn’t as easy to get a big discount.
Alcantara isn’t leather... so I’m not sure what you are getting at there. The size of the cabin has nothing to do with the usefulness of dual zone climate control. It allows the driver and passenger to set their temperatures separately, simple as that. I generally prefer to be much colder than my passenger, so it is a great feature to have. In any case, the biggest bonus to me was the performance package.
NCtoBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:21 PM   #16
JesseG

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest72 View Post
I think we tend to overthink things and then spend more time justifying are choices based on that over thinking. Once you realize it’s just your brains need to be right and that humans are very good at rationalization, just decide your decision was right and move on.

I mean I love my limited, but I love my 04 WRX as well and it’s 16 years old. In fact I am starting to think I prefer a car with a key and actually don’t mind opening a door and starting a car with a key, it feels right for some reason. (Showing my age)

If I could mix the best features of both my cars it could be perfect for me. And I am sure the car you picked for whatever reason is perfect for you.

I love the back to basics feel of my FR-S, this type of car is pretty much obsolete. I’m so happy to have a Japanese sports car that reminds me of the S2000, ITR, Celica, etc. when it comes to being focused on the driver and you know, driving.
That being said, the BRZ Limited trim looks so awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JesseG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseG For This Useful Post:
HachiRokuX (09-06-2019), joro2 (09-06-2019)
Old 09-07-2019, 04:14 PM   #17
scoobydrew

Drives: 2001 Subaru Impreza
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm coming from a base model 2001 GC Impreza. Loved the "raw" nature of that car. No traction nannies, no ABS, no cruise control, etc.

But as I'm looking to buy a new BRZ, I'm looking towards the Limited trim. Do I need dual zone climate control, push button start, and Alcantara seats in a sports car? Nope. But looking at the discounted quotes I've received for 2019 Premium and Limited models from multiple dealers, the cost delta is small enough to justify having the nicer amenities.
scoobydrew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobydrew For This Useful Post:
ElijahF (09-07-2019)
Old 09-07-2019, 05:20 PM   #18
ElijahF
Not funny

Drives: 2019 Subaru BRZ Premium
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydrew View Post
I'm coming from a base model 2001 GC Impreza. Loved the "raw" nature of that car. No traction nannies, no ABS, no cruise control, etc.

But as I'm looking to buy a new BRZ, I'm looking towards the Limited trim. Do I need dual zone climate control, push button start, and Alcantara seats in a sports car? Nope. But looking at the discounted quotes I've received for 2019 Premium and Limited models from multiple dealers, the cost delta is small enough to justify having the nicer amenities.
I would have probably done the same, but for me it was the opposite. The limiteds were marked up to almost $32k and the premiums had a sticker of around $27k . I didn't bother with the limiteds and I got my premium for $24k. If I went somewhere else I might have been able to get a better deal for a limited but who knows.

In the long run I won't really care, unless I want to impress a gf or someone later. Then I'm screwed
To me, the FT-86 is a 85% complete package. The driver is supposed to fit the last few items in accordance with his personal preference. As stock, it shows potential, but distinctly deficient and cries out for the 'finishing touch'.
ElijahF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:51 PM   #19
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydrew View Post

get the performance pack. being in california, you could literally spit in any direction and hit a track to enjoy it on.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #20
fxo

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited
It is most likely sales related. The car is not selling well but even WRX numbers are down for Subaru. So we'll see how long this Generation lasts, 2021 is probably the last year. It will have had a 10 year run?

http://media.subaru.com/pressrelease...ales-best-ever
fxo is offline   Reply With Quote