follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #15
NOHOME

Drives: RAVEN
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
sorry, no idea what product they sprayed on the window, but it did not make a lot of difference.
NOHOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #16
glorydays
Remember me?

Drives: BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I took mine in for service and they said that it was due to the seal being too tight. Havent heard it since
glorydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #17
FRiSson

Drives: FR-S MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
I'm sorry but I read the original post again...this attitude is unbelievable. You're acting like a fucking wheel fell off. Unbelievable.
Truth is CaptainApoplexy, it is not just glass against rubber, the whole rubber lip gets caught and turns under itself and stretches out - that will cause premature wear of the entire weatherstripping. Replacement fixed the problem.
FRiSson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRiSson For This Useful Post:
Sport-Tech (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #18
CaptainSlow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
That I can understand...but nothing like that was even hinted at. The OP complains about nothing more than the window squeaking, which has been something I've experienced with every car I've owned
Old 02-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #19
bdanisi
You Made Bro?

Drives: Raven 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
That I can understand...but nothing like that was even hinted at. The OP complains about nothing more than the window squeaking, which has been something I've experienced with every car I've owned
Sry you've never owned a brand new car before. Sorry that when you have your car serviced you don't expect perfection. And I'm also sorry that you don't give a shit when even the slightest thing goes wrong in your car.
bdanisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #20
CaptainSlow

Oh fuck off...I've owned plenty of cars, new and used...I just don't understand blacklisting an entire dealership for something they have no control over. If the seal was bunching, curling, tearing etc I would completely understand. But you're talking about a sound that is going to happen anytime you have rubber and a hard surface...shoes on a floor, tires in a parking garage, etc.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #21
Exhaust
UCanThrottleMyBody

Drives: 2015 GM 370z Sport
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Driving a corolla daily, i cant believe little shit like this bothers people. Should I make a thread talking about MY daily complaints?
Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Exhaust For This Useful Post:
CaptainSlow (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #22
CaptainSlow

And if this were a $100k+ car slight noises would be a little harder to accept, but it's a $25k Scion/Toyota...not a hand-built Bently. Little noises are to be expected, as anything mass produced is going to have slight fitment issues...plastics will creak, brake lines will vibrate, suspension will clunk now and then. Take it for what it is, man...the car is great overall, but nothing on it is ever going to be perfect...it's just not that kind of car
Old 02-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #23
bdanisi
You Made Bro?

Drives: Raven 86
Quote:
And if this were a $100k+ car slight noises would be a little harder to accept, but it's a $25k Scion/Toyota...not a hand-built Bently. Little noises are to be expected, as anything mass produced is going to have slight fitment issues...plastics will creak, brake lines will vibrate, suspension will clunk now and then. Take it for what it is, man...the car is great overall, but nothing on it is ever going to be perfect...it's just not that kind of car
Very true. Just pissed me off that no one at the service center had an explanation besides basically go fuck yourself.
bdanisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #24
CaptainSlow

That's because there is little they can do, outside of greasing up your windows (which you would have complained about) or bending the laws of physics
Old 02-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #25
Porsche

Drives: 2013 BRZ Ltd. MT
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
the car is great overall, but nothing on it is ever going to be perfect...it's just not that kind of car
I would be surprised to learn that there ARE perfect cars.

High-end Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche? Ferrari, maybe?

Not a chance!

I understand the OP's annoyance, but deleting a dealership for this comparatively minor issue will have one eliminating every local dealer within reasonable distance. Persist and one will quickly begin working one's way clean across the USA!

Mine squeaks from time to time. It's just the way it is. I just wish the seatbelt didn't grind on the side of my neck. Oh well...

I love our BRZ.
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #26
J MaM 86
Automotive Technician

Drives: AE92 GTS & Asphalt FR-S 6MT
Garage
We had this issue with Nissan Titans at my dealership. What I've seen other technicians do is spray the windows with A LOT of aerosol window cleaner (Castle, Invisibile Glass, or anything else). After spraying it they would immediately roll the windows up and down. The problem is that a dirty window will start sticking and rubbing against the seals.

It works but I've always been a little skepticle because it seems like a temporary fix.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #27
FR-S/GT-86

Drives: 68MGBGT/93MiataLE/11Legacy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdanisi View Post
Is this for real? Just had my first service and it happens to be raining. I am stoked on getting my first service. I get on the freeway and open my windows a bit and then close them. Awful squeaking noise ensues. Repeated multiple times same sound on the roll up. I never have had this happen and there has been plenty of rain. Took it back and the dealer service manager literally said the felt on the windows sill is wet and that's that. Really? No fix? Just when it rains my windows scream at me if I use them? Obviously going to take my services elsewhere. Anyone have a fix for this? Or even heard of this??
Rather than make ugly comments, how about something constructive for advice?

I would suggest that you clean the windows REALLY well, then apply RainX to the side windows. On the side windows it will last for YEARS and keeps them cleaner, and when wet the beading water just slides off. It's a great solution, and it's CHEAP. I've done it with all of my cars over the years... and trust me, I learned it after a few weeks of living in Seattle in the relentless rains. The driver-side window in my old Mercedes diesel sedan used to get "grabby" because of the different friction surfaces between clean and dirty areas on the glass. This solved it... it never happened again in just shy of 500K miles.
FR-S/GT-86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #28
CaptainSlow

There is also a spray on the market...you can usually find it at shoe stores...it's marketed as a weather proof spray, but it's basically a silicone oil/spray. You might try picking up a can of that, and spraying on a few layers on the seal itself (where the glass contacts the glass)...roll the window down, spray a couple coats and let it dry. It might help, but I'm not sure. Just something I remembered this morning