follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-03-2016, 10:11 PM   #2661
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactblack View Post
Does anyone know if Toyota would offer the identical or similar performance package as the BRZ?

From Subie's website:

"Brembo® Brakes and 17-inch Wheels
The available Performance Package features the Brembo® performance brake system for track-ready, fade-free stopping power, along with exclusive, wider 17x7.5-inch aluminum alloy wheels. This feature available Winter 2017."
No word yet

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:37 PM   #2662
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Does anyone know if Toyota would offer the identical or similar performance package as the BRZ?

From Subie's website:

"Brembo® Brakes and 17-inch Wheels
The available Performance Package features the Brembo® performance brake system for track-ready, fade-free stopping power, along with exclusive, wider 17x7.5-inch aluminum alloy wheels. This feature available Winter 2017."
Unless they put out a special edition it is highly unlikely you will see it available on a 17 since all the official news releases said monospec. I would guess there will be something for the 18MY though.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:07 PM   #2663
impactblack
Turbo Member

Drives: NA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Unless they put out a special edition it is highly unlikely you will see it available on a 17 since all the official news releases said monospec. I would guess there will be something for the 18MY though.
I did a basic google search for "2017 toyota 86 brembo" and found some rumors floating around from 2 difference source.

I also walked down to the local toyota dealer and asked, but unfortunately no one knows anything....

Being a die hard toyota fan, I really hope that the performance package or some sort can be offered. I plan on picking up the 17MY 86 so I can get back into autocrossing, but might be forced to get the BRZ if toyota doesn't have what I want.
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and body kits are how much of the wall you take with you. Roll cages and window nets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall."
impactblack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to impactblack For This Useful Post:
NLS8520 (09-04-2016)
Old 09-03-2016, 11:19 PM   #2664
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
I did a basic google search for "2017 toyota 86 brembo" and found some rumors floating around from 2 difference source.

I also walked down to the local toyota dealer and asked, but unfortunately no one knows anything....

Being a die hard toyota fan, I really hope that the performance package or some sort can be offered. I plan on picking up the 17MY 86 so I can get back into autocrossing, but might be forced to get the BRZ if toyota doesn't have what I want.
Do not trust any rumours from car blogs or sites. Unless they are official press releases from Toyota they are very probably pure speculation or outright fiction. Even the once reliable sources seem to have fallen into the click bait trade and will draw their info from the most unreliable sources. One site (frequently motoring.au) will make something up based on distorted quotes or some unnamed "inside source" and then the rest will just keep adding their own spin to it until we are being told the most bizarre things.
Keep in mind that there is very good aftermarket support and things like BBKs are already proven and available.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:30 PM   #2665
impactblack
Turbo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Do not trust any rumours from car blogs or sites. Unless they are official press releases from Toyota they are very probably pure speculation or outright fiction. Even the once reliable sources seem to have fallen into the click bait trade and will draw their info from the most unreliable sources. One site (frequently motoring.au) will make something up based on distorted quotes or some unnamed "inside source" and then the rest will just keep adding their own spin to it until we are being told the most bizarre things.
Keep in mind that there is very good aftermarket support and things like BBKs are already proven and available.
Make sense.

Gonna check with SCCA's classification rules. Aftermarket BBK or suspensions will def get bumped up in classes from my previous experience. I ran STS2 back in 09 in my Miata but I had to keep my sways stock or else I get bumped to STX which I would then run with modded Evos...smh
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and body kits are how much of the wall you take with you. Roll cages and window nets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall."
The Following User Says Thank You to impactblack For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (09-03-2016)
Old 09-03-2016, 11:33 PM   #2666
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,543 Times in 2,948 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Make sense.

Gonna check with SCCA's classification rules. Aftermarket BBK or suspensions will def get bumped up in classes from my previous experience. I ran STS2 back in 09 in my Miata but I had to keep my sways stock or else I get bumped to STX which I would then run with modded Evos...smh
Wouldn't the sways have been more useful for Autocross than BBK?
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (09-03-2016)
Old 09-03-2016, 11:38 PM   #2667
impactblack
Turbo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
Wouldn't the sways have been more useful for Autocross than BBK?
Yes but that wasn't my point.

Aftermarket upgrades will certainly result in getting bumped in classes so that's what I am trying to avoid.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:39 PM   #2668
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,543 Times in 2,948 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yes but that wasn't my point.

Aftermarket upgrades will certainly result in getting bumped in classes so that's what I am trying to avoid.
Indeed. At my autocross they ask what version of the car it is so I would expect you to get dinged for the bbk regardless
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:43 PM   #2669
impactblack
Turbo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
Indeed. At my autocross they ask what version of the car it is so I would expect you to get dinged for the bbk regardless

For example:

A stock WRX would run in a different stock class than a stock STI. However, as soon as you upgrade to a BBK setup or sway bars in a stock WRX, you will then be forced to run in a class higher than the stock STI class with modded cars that received 10s of thousands of dollars in upgrades because they are done so to run in the that specific higher class.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:43 AM   #2670
joro2

Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium MT (DGM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDrift View Post
My work just received a silver 86 with TRD wheel and tire package. Not sure on the wheel width but they look wider than stock. Glad to see the wheels are forged and the tires are Bridgestone.
Regarding the TRD wheel and tire package, just curious if that's a factory installed accessory or if the dealer actually removes the stock/wheels tires and replaces w/ the accessory package.

Not that big a deal, but the idea of the dealer taking a wrench to even just the wheels/tires prior to delivery of a brand new vehicle sort of bugs (the OCD person in) me.
joro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:12 AM   #2671
NLS8520

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
First 0-60 I have seen.

Full acceleration to redline. plus a 360 degree walkaround.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gBZ1UZqYAY"]æ–°åž‹ トヨタ 86 åŠ*速 0ï¼90km - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4B72qwM9bY"]新型TOYOTA86 外観 - YouTube[/ame]
NLS8520 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NLS8520 For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (09-04-2016), raven1231 (09-04-2016), trueno86power (09-04-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 11:08 AM   #2672
Mr.Impreza
Mr.Fujitsubo

Drives: 2018 STI
Thanked 1,552 Times in 784 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Yeah...not feeling this new 86 at all. There is nothing that I like about it. I think the only think I like is the Toyota Badges and that finally in North America people will call this car an 86.

Mr.Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #2673
murdoc
Sometimes I'm wrong.

Drives: '13 FR-S/'96 240SX
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Impreza View Post
Yeah...not feeling this new 86 at all. There is nothing that I like about it. I think the only think I like is the Toyota Badges and that finally in North America people will call this car an 86.
I'll probably still call it an FR-S to mess with people on forums and such.
murdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to murdoc For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (09-04-2016), Tcoat (09-04-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 02:40 PM   #2674
dvasqu01

Drives: Scion FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I saw my first gt86 just now still don't like the new front end

Yes I'll give you the rice noodle😘
dvasqu01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buttons everywhere, damn daniel, i hate it, i love it, much opinion, mustache ride, rosted zaku by soa, so change, very tryhard