follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Old 02-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #22331
LadyFRZ
Car N00b

Drives: 97 Miata
Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheOcean View Post
o wow @LadyFRZ that's insane :o

....I actually don't know anyone with student loan debt (Thankgod) because none of those people are doing what they went to school for and are making pennies
Maybe the hype of the zombie apocalypse is just students becoming zombies after dealing with student loans...
Also,lol.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyFRZ For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (02-15-2014), M-17 (02-16-2014), zenki_levin (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #22332
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hahahahaha
Old 02-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #22333
wrxgoose
WUB WUB

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Thanked 1,573 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Are you as good of a sniper irl?
lol. i was a Grenadier. M203. i was very good with it.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:29 PM   #22334
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
Yep. It's the dues you pay for keeping a sportscar at its peak.
I wish I could afford those dues. Maybe in the future, but right now I have to be budget-minded. I won't cheap out though. I'm still looking for the best option. Hence the A/S 3.
Quote:
Is it the best value? Well, that hinges on how much weight you give to the different elements, doesn't it?
For my current goals, definitely the best value. I don't have the luxury of getting the best and most expensive options. But I don't plan on cheaping out either. I'm looking for the most affordable in-between options I can find.
Quote:
For your circumstances, I'd have recommended tires like mine: high performance winter tires, not dedicated snow/ice tires which are meant for areas that remain snow covered for long periods of time.
My tires are high performance winter tires. They're the perfect tire for weather like what I normally see here. Being able to hit highway speeds without the rear wiggling is pleasing. But anything above 45* makes them squirm a bit, so can't have everything.
Quote:
And is it performance or appearance that matters most? Either one is fine. If "appearance," then maybe save some money on the tires. Obviously, I would lean towards the summer rubber, but there's nothing wrong with choosing the A/S 3.

Did you see the review from last year (R&T maybe?) where the bigger tires on this car actually turned slower lap times? Too much drag, too much "sticktion," I guess.
I guess performance. Though I'm not planning on tracking the car. It's a DD. But I really like the 17x9 wheels. Plus a 245/40 tire fits it better than any combination I've calculated on a 17x8.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #22335
Porsche

Drives: 2013 BRZ Ltd. MT
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxgoose View Post
all these stories are another reason i joined the military. G.I.Bill is so freaking helpful it's not even funny. they paid 90% of my schooling, despite me going to a community college. loved it!

I have often thought of recommending the military to young people, but it's fraught with peril. The military has declined badly in recent decades. The enlisted men and women are on food stamps, living in sub-standard housing and the schools for their kids are in appalling condition in many cases. It's a nightmare and an outrage.

And then there's the non-trivial issue of being posted to a combat zone. And then sent again. And again.

BTW, thank you for your service, Goose. You've earned every benefit you get. As a taxpayer, I'll gladly pay for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Porsche For This Useful Post:
M-17 (02-16-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #22336
wrxgoose
WUB WUB

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Thanked 1,573 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
I have often thought of recommending the military to young people, but it's fraught with peril. The military has declined badly in recent decades. The enlisted men and women are on food stamps, living in sub-standard housing and the schools for their kids are in appalling condition in many cases. It's a nightmare and an outrage.

And then there's the non-trivial issue of being posted to a combat zone. And then sent again. And again.

BTW, thank you for your service, Goose. You've earned every benefit you get. As a taxpayer, I'll gladly pay for that.
and that's why i went USAF. great stuff on base, hell, we get extra money if we have to stay on an army or marine base because of quality of life. i can very easily recommend it out of all the branches. I only was deployed once, and it was to a base that we weren't under fire every day.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #22337
Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
I wish I could afford those dues. Maybe in the future, but right now I have to be budget-minded. I won't cheap out though. I'm still looking for the best option. Hence the A/S 3.

For my current goals, definitely the best value. I don't have the luxury of getting the best and most expensive options. But I don't plan on cheaping out either. I'm looking for the most affordable in-between options I can find.

My tires are high performance winter tires. They're the perfect tire for weather like what I normally see here. Being able to hit highway speeds without the rear wiggling is pleasing. But anything above 45* makes them squirm a bit, so can't have everything.

I guess performance. Though I'm not planning on tracking the car. It's a DD. But I really like the 17x9 wheels. Plus a 245/40 tire fits it better than any combination I've calculated on a 17x8.
If you opt for the A/S 3, I'd certainly be interested in hearing your review of those tires. I've read that they're remarkable.

I'm sure you understand that I just want my "son" to be safe.

And have a good time, too.

You've been spoiled with this marvelous sportscar, you know. You got a hint of that the other day. Sometimes one gradually becomes acclimated to something new and better, and it's not until you try something more mundane that you, then, REALLY appreciate your new car.

In the years to come, you may recall this car as one of the finest and most fun cars you've ever owned. You'll see...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Porsche For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (02-15-2014), Nevermore (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 06:01 PM   #22338
Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxgoose View Post
i went USAF.

USAF = United States Air Force

For those who may not have immediately recognized this.
wrxgoose (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #22339
IntotheOcean

I know I will!
Cant wait to have a car with working doors!! And no piece of plastic to stick into the shift lock button to pull it out of park, and the best thing of all

No Stalling!! I can officially run errands and be able to turn my car off while I run inside. AND I can drive out of state to see my favorite bands!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IntotheOcean For This Useful Post:
M-17 (02-16-2014), Porsche (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 06:10 PM   #22340
Luis_GT
Banned

Drives: 2002 BMW 530i, 10 Series FR-S
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Buddy of mine that recently got out.. she's 600k in debt.
HOW????

My whole 6 years of university was like 13K
The Following User Says Thank You to Luis_GT For This Useful Post:
Giccin (02-19-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #22341
Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
when my wife was going to college 2 years ago i offered to pay for everything up front instead of her taking on debt. It kinda sucked because we had two car payments and had to pay for her college but i was working 60-80 hours a week and she worked 40 hours a week while gong to school full time for a year of her 2 year degree. Then she quit her job and cranked out a year of school in 3 quarters. In that time i also paid off her car fully and bought a house. I'm happy we didn't take on student loan debt because we would not have been able to buy the house.
Your wife "found" an exceptional husband.

As our pointy-eared Vulcan friend said, "Live long, and prosper."

Or something like that...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Porsche For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (02-15-2014), Marchy (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #22342
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
The biggest problem with Kickstarter is the newbie businesses. They get successful funded and feel overconfident, start spending money where they don't really need to, then they do some math and see negative income. Then i get emails saying how they are going to refund all the backers because they done fucked it.

I love Kickstarter, but you have to be very careful who you fund, are they professional? Does it seem like they know what they're doing? Is this a thing on the side or full on project?
Old 02-15-2014, 06:37 PM   #22343
Porsche

Quote:
I know I will!
Cant wait to have a car with working doors!! And no piece of plastic to stick into the shift lock button to pull it out of park, and the best thing of all

No Stalling!! I can officially run errands and be able to turn my car off while I run inside. AND I can drive out of state to see my favorite bands!!
This is hilarious! You have a great sense of humor, Ashley, and it's a good thing you do, too.

You're going to love this car, you really are.

I'm really happy for you.

I have to go eat dinner, but if you'd like to talk about your new car, and listen to me, there are a number of things I can tell you about taking delivery and taking care of your wonderful new sportscar.

I'll be back in 20 minutes, or so.
IntotheOcean (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 06:52 PM   #22344
IntotheOcean

Thank you @Porsche ! Ive already learned so much just by reading a million threads on this forum, as well as other websites

Still much to learn, but those technical things I'll pick up as I go along and figure out what parts I decide to swap out
Closed Thread

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?