follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #2101
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabisStinson View Post
Hi everyone! I am Babis from Greece. I currently own a BMW 3er E46 Compact and thinking of getting a Toyota GT 86, probably next year.
I've registered and started reading the forum, I'll be seeing you here then!
Hi and welcome! I'm also coming from BMW

"Simplicate and add lightness." - Gordon Hooton
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #2102
ayliu

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone. I just picked up my Ultramarine FR-S on Saturday and have barely been home enough to skim the forums. I've been having so much fun driving around town and I'm just waiting to hit 1k miles before flogging it. Not a huge mod guy, but some of what I've seen around here looks quite nice.
ayliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #2103
TIE Pilot

Drives: TIE interceptor; BRZ13
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Hi everyone. My name is Marlon And I'm a boxerholic. Its been 3 hrs since my last drive and I can't keep myself from driving and looking for any excuse to drive my BRZ.

I have been following the latest sport cars lately and came across the great reviews of the Frs/brz. My last car was a Freelander '03 which i couldn't deal with the problems it gave me. So after my search i when to the closest subaru dealer that had 2 in stock. Tested a dark gray premium and wasnt sure above owning a 2 doors. 3 days later made the decision and took home a Silver lmtd. :-)
Love the car so far.

So i wanted to say hi, and let you guys know you got a great community here ;-)
Old 10-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #2104
JLMtm

Drives: FRS
Jorge From San Marcos CA , I Drive A Raven , See You On The Roads FRS\BRZ Owners
JLMtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:04 AM   #2105
UAE

Drives: Lightening Red 86 Sport
Hi from UAE.
I'll be getting my Toyota 86 soon. i used to have g37s. Currently i have also Toyota Land Crusier.
UAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #2106
lsr78

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S MT Ultramarine
first bath

finally came in

lsr78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #2107
Vicious LED
Banned

Drives: Scion FR-S Asphalt
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_m View Post
Hi everyone. My name is Marlon And I'm a boxerholic. Its been 3 hrs since my last drive and I can't keep myself from driving and looking for any excuse to drive my BRZ.

I have been following the latest sport cars lately and came across the great reviews of the Frs/brz. My last car was a Freelander '03 which i couldn't deal with the problems it gave me. So after my search i when to the closest subaru dealer that had 2 in stock. Tested a dark gray premium and wasnt sure above owning a 2 doors. 3 days later made the decision and took home a Silver lmtd. :-)
Love the car so far.

So i wanted to say hi, and let you guys know you got a great community here ;-)
Thanks for joining us!
Vicious LED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #2108
Dispect
Newbie Car Enthusiast

Drives: Asphalt 6MT FR-S
hi
Dispect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:39 AM   #2109
Akuma

Drives: 2006 Civic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi!

Just wanted to drop by and say hello to this awesome community. I don't have the brz or frs yet but hopefully if life plays it's course I'll be getting one by the end of this year or if any news pops up for the 2nd gen, or brz sti then I'll hold off =). I'm a newbie when it comes to car modifying but I learn quick and from lurking this bored for the past 4 month's, I'm sure this community will gladly help with any of my questions, which I may add will be many so bear with me =). Thanks again!
Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #2110
Jester

Drives: FR-S
Hi,

Have an order for an FR-S. Dealer told me to expect it early December.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #2111
ApoNono

Drives: 2019 86 TRD Special Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hi,

Have an order for an FR-S. Dealer told me to expect it early December.
Part of the potential December crowd! Welcome to the community! Placed my order earlier this month and was told to expect December as well.
ApoNono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #2112
supra2nv

Drives: 10 Series TRD
Thanked 1,169 Times in 700 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
I've owned many cars. Supra twin turbo 6 speed, acura nsx's, bmw m5. I just picked up my FR-S today. Probably one of the most fun I've had in a really long time. BRILLIANT!
supra2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #2113
PabloN

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, M/T argento
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
FR-S arrived

It took 5 months but last night out argento FR-S (MT) came in. I was so excited I got up at 1 am and wrote down first impressions (below). I haven't posted pictures before and an not sure I got it right. Also, apologies for any incoherent thoughts or statements already made too many times in previous posts...

Exterior: I don’t get why people think the FR-S /GT86 is boring. I don’t know any other way to say it: this car has a presence. It’s a sort of feeling you get when you’re up close and personal with it. To me it’s an example of the best Toyota designs, a subtle sophistication that doesn’t rely on kid-racer gimmicks.
Interior: The most natural-feeling car I’ve ever been in. Everything makes sense (OK, maybe not the stock radio).
The first drive home: Other posts have already said this, but my overwhelming impression was of a playful spirit. You can just feel it begging to have some fun. Of course this can lead into dangerous territory on public roads, and I’m not particularly competitive so autocross seems out of the question. I’ll probably take some advanced driving courses next year where they let you use your own car.
Quibble: This also has been posted many times already, but the clutch travels a long way before it finally starts to engage. All my cars have had manual transmissions and all were different, it’s just a matter of getting used to each one.
Surprise: I think the biggest surprise to me was how transparent this car feels. With other cars I’ve owned you are always aware of the car itself because of its limits. Want to shift gears on the VW microbus? You know the general area where third gear is but it always takes a little time to hunt it down. Want to take a corner a little faster in the Saab 99? Feel that body roll and be thankful it’s been rollover-tested off Swedish ski jumps a hundred times. Want to accelerate in my wife’s hybrid Camry? Listen to the computer algorithm searching for the best gear ratio. But, paradoxically, the FR-S takes the car out of the equation. You want to shift—done. Steer—done. Accelerate or brake—done. I know other sports cars do the same things, but somehow in the back of my mind I’m thinking that, as a total experience, the FR-S does the whole thing a little better.
Summary: Absolutely no regrets getting this car despite the five-month wait (and the CEL incident just before the dealer was about to give me the car with two miles on the clock). Pauly Toyota, did a fantastic job wrestling with the Toyota/Scion allocation system, and it was well worth it. And hats off to Toyota and Subaru for giving their engineers the freedom to do what engineers do best.
Attached Images

PabloN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #2114
Delirium

Drives: 1995 200sx se
Hello!

I'm talking with a dealer a mike from me about acquiring my Colo FRS at another dealer this Monday, but it that doesn't work, I should see her from the factory by December
Delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Delirium For This Useful Post:
Adam_L (01-24-2017)

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo