follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 10-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #1961
wrxgoose
WUB WUB

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Thanked 1,573 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Soon ill be having a custom intake piping made. Aluminium, and not over the headers. Ill post some pics and vids when i finally have it made
Old 10-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #1962
ntaphse

Drives: beater
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey guys, working on my install now and I just dropped the supercharger in place. It seems to be rocking on the front center mounting tab. I'm afraid to torque the manifold bolts down and crack the cast intake manifold or something else. Did anyone else notice this rocking? It's like the center mounting tab needs to be filed.
ntaphse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #1963
ntaphse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaphse View Post
Hey guys, working on my install now and I just dropped the supercharger in place. It seems to be rocking on the front center mounting tab. I'm afraid to torque the manifold bolts down and crack the cast intake manifold or something else. Did anyone else notice this rocking? It's like the center mounting tab needs to be filed.
Problem solved. The brake booster hose was pinched between the supercharger and a bolt on top of the engine.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #1964
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaphse View Post
Problem solved. The brake booster hose was pinched between the supercharger and a bolt on top of the engine.
yep that will do it, glad you figured it out.

So does anyone have any solid data that a catback adds any kind of performance gain?

The reason I ask is they decided to do some construction on a local bridge near me that I take everyday at work, and laid down those huge ass metal panels down that stick up off the ground a few inches. I got stuck in a lane with them (they weren't there yesterday), couldn't get over, and it caught the bottom of my ARK exhaust because they made that flange hang so damn low, and it put a nice chunk in the flange and is now leaking. Could be from the flange or i'm thinking possibly a crack at the weld...will know later on tonight.

So right now i'm running a JDL UEL header, stock overpipe/frontpipe, then ARK DT-S exhaust. Bottled like hell I know, and I was thinking of just doing JDL UEL header, stock overpipe, tsudo catted front pipe (have it already, took it off bc its too loud with my current setup), then stock exhaust. I know I still have the overpipe restriction but I refuse to replace that until theres a 100% aftermarket solution to not hit the subframe.

Pending on how this stock catback setup sounds, I might keep it as is for a bit. I think i'm just bitter about what happened and will probably swap it right back once I fix it, but figured i'd ask anyway lol.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xxscaxx For This Useful Post:
Pablitomarrero (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #1965
Pablitomarrero

Drives: FR-S 10 series
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post

So does anyone have any solid data that a catback adds any kind of performance gain?

The reason I ask is they decided to do some construction on a local bridge near me that I take everyday at work, and laid down those huge ass metal panels down that stick up off the ground a few inches. I got stuck in a lane with them (they weren't there yesterday), couldn't get over, and it caught the bottom of my ARK exhaust because they made that flange hang so damn low, and it put a nice chunk in the flange and is now leaking. Could be from the flange or i'm thinking possibly a crack at the weld...will know later on tonight.

So right now i'm running a JDL UEL header, stock overpipe/frontpipe, then ARK DT-S exhaust. Bottled like hell I know, and I was thinking of just doing JDL UEL header, stock overpipe, tsudo catted front pipe (have it already, took it off bc its too loud with my current setup), then stock exhaust. I know I still have the overpipe restriction but I refuse to replace that until theres a 100% aftermarket solution to not hit the subframe.

Pending on how this stock catback setup sounds, I might keep it as is for a bit. I think i'm just bitter about what happened and will probably swap it right back once I fix it, but figured i'd ask anyway lol.
ARK rocks. How much are you lowered?
Pablitomarrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #1966
ntaphse

Quote:

I drag my Borla cat-back a lot. I'm going to install a Borla UEL header and then try out running the stock cat-back to see how it sounds and if I can feel any power loss. I suspect it might sound really good.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #1967
mines13

Drives: '13 FR-S '12 CBR1000RR
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mines13 Send a message via Yahoo to mines13
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...65#post1278565

91 octane, 75mm standard pulley and stock exhaust.

Part Numbers and Pricing

PN# 6014

Intercooler upgrade for exsisting Innovate non-intercooled supercharger system owners.

MSRP $1195

PN# 6012

Intercooled supercharger system, Tune not included.

MSRP $4195

Shipping 10.25.13
mines13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mines13 For This Useful Post:
1010110 (10-18-2013), Freeman (10-18-2013), xxscaxx (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #1968
xxscaxx

@mines13 - do you have a dyno comparing non-intercooled/intercooled??
Old 10-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #1969
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
looks like the innovative posted dynos from the initial non ic release and the sc release use the same baseline, and should probably be fair comparison.
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #1970
mines13

Drives: '13 FR-S '12 CBR1000RR
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mines13 Send a message via Yahoo to mines13
Quote:

I'll dig around, I believe buried somewhere in my computer one does exist, or worse case maybe I can get those plots overlayed and emailed over.
mines13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #1971
xxscaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mines13 View Post
I'll dig around, I believe buried somewhere in my computer one does exist, or worse case maybe I can get those plots overlayed and emailed over.
Thanks! I was trying to just find the plot from the non-intercooled kit but can't seem to find it at the moment on the forums, which is why I asked. I know others will be asking though to compare them both.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #1972
calispec

Drives: Subaru BRZ with Delicious Innovate
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Is there any word on weather this kit will include a MAP sensor? Or better yet one with an integrated IAT? I thought I remembered seeing something about the stage 2 kit including something like that?
calispec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:14 AM   #1973
KSpider

Drives: '14 S4
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Here are the IC vs. Non IC graphs:

Freeman (10-19-2013)
Old 10-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #1974
Freeman

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Thanks. Now I need to find an extra $4200 laying around.....

sent from my locker... help!
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.