follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #183
roningtmo
Banned

Drives: Eclipse 2003 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
This car is not about numbers, it's about what's not on paper. If you worry about 0-60, 60-0, how many gs it pulls, how fast it goes through the slalom then you might be interested in something else.
Are you sure about that? if this car get beat by a toyota camry in any aspect of performance and cost more $$$$$ are you still going to buy the car because is not about numbers?, be my guest. Hey but don't confuse my statement, I’m in love with it, but if this is just going to be a copycat of the 2000-2005 toyota celica gts it will be a miserable failure . Im very sure that many members are driven by the same fears that i have, remenber is not the first time that a high praisse car fails one is on the market. Again i'm hope to be wrong, but why so much mystery about real driving numbers?????????
roningtmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #184
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I used to like exhausts but I will never buy one for this car. I rather buy the tips from the JDM model. I don't need exhaust drone with no hp increase that I can't feel.
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #185
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-FT86 View Post
I used to like exhausts but I will never buy one for this car. I rather buy the tips from the JDM model. I don't need exhaust drone with no hp increase that I can't feel.
Or a sig drop in weight? If I could lose weight with a new exhaust and gain some hp I would be all over it. Sound is not my main factor.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #186
Hanzo

Drives: Waiting for the ND Miata
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roningtmo View Post
Are you sure about that? if this car get beat by a toyota camry in any aspect of performance and cost more $$$$$ are you still going to buy the car because is not about numbers?, be my guest. Hey but don't confuse my statement, I’m in love with it, but if this is just going to be a copycat of the 2000-2005 toyota celica gts it will be a miserable failure . Im very sure that many members are driven by the same fears that i have, remenber is not the first time that a high praisse car fails one is on the market. Again i'm hope to be wrong, but why so much mystery about real driving numbers?????????
Celica was front wheel drive and so is Camry. Zero to 60 probably will be around the same as a V6 Camry (around 5.8 seconds). I don't give a damn if it's slower 0-60 than a Camry or even a mini van. People who are so hung up on numbers shouldn't be buying this car.
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #187
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
Celica was front wheel drive and so is Camry. Zero to 60 probably will be around the same as a V6 Camry (around 5.8 seconds). I don't give a damn if it's slower 0-60 than a Camry or even a mini van. People who are so hung up on numbers shouldn't be buying this car.
+1

Nowhere in any videos have i seen where this car is slow...
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #188
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Oh dear God, why are people who are crying that "It will be slower than a camry" still signing up here?!?!?
The 'FT' stands for 'forgot topic'.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #189
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roningtmo View Post
Apples to oranges. If you expect a 2.0L 4-cylinder entry-level sports car to beat a 3.5L V6 sporty performance sedan in every aspect, you're horribly mistaken, sir. This car was not designed to win races; it's thoughtfully engineered to give you a taste of what a proper sports car should feel like at a fraction of the price. The Celica GT-S was not that and Camry won't deliver anything close. It's intangible; can't be represented by numbers. But if numbers alone make you happy, get the Camry.

Plus this car drew inspiration from other cars in its heritage which some people don't care for, but to me, it's a sweet bonus.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #190
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
Apples to oranges. If you expect a 2.0L 4-cylinder entry-level sports car to beat a 3.5L V6 sporty performance sedan in every aspect, you're horribly mistaken, sir. This car was not designed to win races; it's thoughtfully engineered to give you a taste of what a proper sports car should feel like at a fraction of the price. The Celica GT-S was not that and Camry won't deliver anything close. It's intangible; can't be represented by numbers. But if numbers alone make you happy, get the Camry.

Plus this car drew inspiration from other cars in its heritage which some people don't care for, but to me, it's a sweet bonus.
the GT-S was a good FWD track car with the right hands, plus this guy shows us how fun a fwd car can be just chasing faster cars with noob drivers on a track day
racing i personally hate being in the front, i like stealing peoples apexes

[u2b]nhsmJQjkb8s[/u2b]

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #191
2fast4you

Drives: 2006 Scion tC RS 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Oh dear God, why are people who are crying that "It will be slower than a camry" still signing up here?!?!?
Ugh... I'm not sure. Apparently the poster has an issue with stoplight drag races against Camrys in his neighborhood. There's nothing worse than a 75 year old grandmother screaming "Aventura muther f**ker" while she blows past you.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #192
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4you View Post
Ugh... I'm not sure. Apparently the poster has an issue with stoplight drag races against Camrys in his neighborhood. There's nothing worse than a 75 year old grandmother screaming "Aventura muther f**ker" while she blows past you.
This is sig worthy.
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #193
Quentin

Drives: ‘16 4Runner, ‘19 Corolla HB
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Throwing that shit in the trash is the first mod everyone should do...
Why? My GTI had a similar setup and I liked it. It sounded great in the cabin without being obnoxious to everyone else. Is there some performance benefit to removing the tube? I have no intention of doing an intake or exhaust on this (or any other engine mods, for that matter). I'll probably leave it stock.
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #194
ft86Fan

Drives: FR-S, Exige S, Miata
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
+1

Nowhere in any videos have i seen where this car is slow...
+2

Why does everybody think that this car will be slow? In a drag race maybe but not on the track. It has low power but its a momentum car. It will force you to learn how to drive and get the most out of this car. I think if you can keep up the momentum with this car it will fly.
ft86Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #195
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft86Fan View Post
+2

Why does everybody think that this car will be slow? In a drag race maybe but not on the track. It has low power but its a momentum car. It will force you to learn how to drive and get the most out of this car. I think if you can keep up the momentum with this car it will fly.
your average ft86club noobie that post that kind of message or make |turbo threads" doesn't track their car and considers highway passing the nearest thing to motor sport that they will do. Slow is str8 = slow in their mind even tho the likelihood of them being able to drive the stock car to its limit is little of none
Old 02-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #196
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
This is sig worthy.
T'is indeed.
The 'FT' stands for 'forgot topic'.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chris harris 86 review, chris harris fr-s, chris harris fr-s review, chris harris frs, chris harris frs review, chris harris gt86 review, fr-s chris harris, fr-s forum, fr-s forums, fr-s reviews, frs chris harris, frs forum, frs forums, frs review, gt 86 review, gt 86 reviews, gt-86 review, gt-86 reviews, gt86 review, gt86 reviews, scion fr-s forum, scion fr-s forums, scion fr-s review, scion fr-s reviews, scion frs forum, scion frs forums, scion frs review, scion frs reviews, toyota 86 review, toyota 86 reviews