follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #169
jeffsides
AZ FRS 86

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffsides
Quote:
Originally Posted by makab View Post
just drove to the dealership today after finding out that they got some FR-S in their inventory. I walk up to the salesman with an attitude and ask them are you guys selling these cars at MSRP or putting a crazy markup on them. They responded NO NOOO we are not doing that. And those dealers who do that are breaking the law bla bla blaaa....

they were really friendly and took me to the back lot and showed me the FR-S cars. so big thumps up to Big Two Toyota Scion Of Chandler!

Anyone who lives in Arizona should be able to purchase the FR-S at MSRP prices! no markup and nothing crazy. the only thing that comes with them is window tint which makes sense because it is Arizona.
you do realize that ALL scions are pure priced right?
Old 09-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #170
travace

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
dealer got me for 28 because of a package they threw on.

funny thing was the car hit the lot the day before and they didnt have a chance to put the package on when i got it so it was a due bill. I asked to not have the package so i can get it at msrp. they would not sell me the car without it. so i drove off the lot with a due bill.

the package was lowjack...window tint...ignition alarm system. not too bad i guess. its a shitty tint job and some bubbled but they replaced it. low jack is cool i guess but i wouldnt have got it otherwise.

i heard storys of dealers throwing a pin stripe on the side calling it a package deal and charging 3k more.
travace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #171
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsides View Post
you do realize that ALL scions are pure priced right?
You realize Pure Price has nothing to do with MSRP right?
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #172
jeffsides
AZ FRS 86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistpoint View Post
You realize Pure Price has nothing to do with MSRP right?
you are an idiot! pure pricing is TRANSPARENCY! has nothing to do with msrp, has all to do with all pricing is posted on dealers website, etc. no playing games, they dont change them just to make a deal for a person, it has to be posted and can not change in a calendar month. i think you were the one that posted they changed it so you could get it for invoice, sorry but they fed you a line and you bought it. im just saying, ive been a toyota employee for the last 9 years, im the one who is responsible for every penny in every pure priced deal!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #173
tomt5078

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
you are an idiot! pure pricing is TRANSPARENCY! has nothing to do with msrp, has all to do with all pricing is posted on dealers website, etc. no playing games, they dont change them just to make a deal for a person, it has to be posted and can not change in a calendar month. i think you were the one that posted they changed it so you could get it for invoice, sorry but they fed you a line and you bought it. im just saying, ive been a toyota employee for the last 9 years, im the one who is responsible for every penny in every pure priced deal!

FUNNY CHIT................................You calling someone an idiot..................When it you're, as in, you're an idiot!!!!!
tomt5078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #174
jeffsides
AZ FRS 86

Garage
As I apologize, it just is frustrating when in so many diff threads sooo many people talk about the purchase of a scion and have no clue about it. It's true, most people do think that pure price is reflected off of MSRP, they all talk how they negotiated the deal, etc.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #175
jeffsides
AZ FRS 86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by travace View Post
dealer got me for 28 because of a package they threw on.

funny thing was the car hit the lot the day before and they didnt have a chance to put the package on when i got it so it was a due bill. I asked to not have the package so i can get it at msrp. they would not sell me the car without it. so i drove off the lot with a due bill.

the package was lowjack...window tint...ignition alarm system. not too bad i guess. its a shitty tint job and some bubbled but they replaced it. low jack is cool i guess but i wouldnt have got it otherwise.

i heard storys of dealers throwing a pin stripe on the side calling it a package deal and charging 3k more.
There are shady dealer groups that do those things. Out here in AZ most are MSRP plus Tint ($199) A certain dealer in the area ( I won't name names) does what you are talking about.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #176
fistpoint

Quote:
Calm down there cheese****, apparently reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I clearly stated Pure Price and MSRP having nothing to do with each other which you confirmed in your opening blathering statement above.

Who said anything about changing prices for specific customers? I certainly didn't. What I said, again quite clearly, is that Pure Price does not mean you pay MSRP.

The word/phrase MSRP appears NOWHERE on Scions website in relation to Pure Price. That's all I'm saying, as if it wasn't clear enough the first, second and third time. I don't give a sideways flying shit how long you've worked there, the dealers lie constantly about what Pure Price is and I've never met a salesman who knew the correct info either, they all claim it equals MSRP.

"dealers are free to set their own prices" appears on every single Scion website in my local area. Seems pretty damn clear to me.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #177
FT86R

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
oh my gawd
92 k24 accord
13 scion fr-s
FT86R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #178
jeffsides
AZ FRS 86

Garage
I like how you say all dealers lie. I don't know what you do for a living but I'm not a sales person for one. And there are shady dealers out there for sure. Don't go to them. Use a local reputable dealership. There are a lot of great dealerships out there. Don't put them all in the same class. It's the same with any large ticket item. I don't know about you but I've had worse expiriances buying home appliances and furniture. And like I put in my post, I didn't know I'd it was you or someone else that put that the deals hip changed their pricing for them to get it at invoice. Obviously it was someone else. That is the rediculousness I keep seeing that is misleading other people out there that are either looking at buying or have deposits down. You obviously 100% know and understand what pre pricing is, but I bet you 75% of people have no clue. We get people at the dealership every day who try to novitiate scions. It's quite comical sometimes. Enjoy your FR-S. I know I enjoy mine!
Old 09-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #179
fistpoint

Quote:
I like how you say all dealers lie. I don't know what you do for a living but I'm not a sales person for one. And there are shady dealers out there for sure. Don't go to them. Use a local reputable dealership. There are a lot of great dealerships out there. Don't put them all in the same class. It's the same with any large ticket item. I don't know about you but I've had worse expiriances buying home appliances and furniture. And like I put in my post, I didn't know I'd it was you or someone else that put that the deals hip changed their pricing for them to get it at invoice. Obviously it was someone else. That is the rediculousness I keep seeing that is misleading other people out there that are either looking at buying or have deposits down. You obviously 100% know and understand what pre pricing is, but I bet you 75% of people have no clue. We get people at the dealership every day who try to novitiate scions. It's quite comical sometimes. Enjoy your FR-S. I know I enjoy mine!
Fair enough. But why then did you call me an idiot when I said exactly what you already knew to be true? All you did is confirm what I wrote. My initial one sentence statement could have been answered by you with one single word: "yes".

I don't own one yet, I'm waiting for the car to not be a mechanical turd first.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #180
jeffsides
AZ FRS 86

Garage
We did get 1 off a truck last week with a bad cam. And our parts dept can't get parts for it yet so it's just sitting in the back lot like a big paper weight. I put the 125k Toyota warrant on so when I have problems it's toyota's problem.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #181
jeffsides
AZ FRS 86

Garage

sorry! carry on

Old 09-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #182
SubieNate

Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Big +1 for Penske Scion of Rancho California. The GM Mike is a great guy and really took care of me with my CEL issue, plus, NO MARKUPS!!!

All my car had was an alarm, which I was okay with.

Nathan
SubieNate is offline   Reply With Quote