follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List
thatchmaster

Old 05-15-2016, 09:58 PM   #169
Adam_L

Drives: '16 FR-S RS2 MT, '06 xA Polar MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile my last new car purchase

Hello All,

My first post here on the forums!!

I picked up my RS2 manual at the end of March , #447 here.

Manuals are harder to come by then autos, not sure what the actual ratio is, but if you look on Autotrader, etc. it seems like it's about 2 manuals for every 5 autos , roughly. In a 400 mile radius on the West coast side, there seems to be about 4-8 manuals out there, week to week.

Just enjoying the weekend ride for now (clear bra is installed). No further mods for the rest of the year (just working on paying the FR-S off with in the next 1-2 years). Possibly next early spring I may do a 3M Crystaline tint to the 5 windows, keep it classy on this color combo. Possibly in 2-3 years do some kind of suspension change (not sure if I will go TRD springs on a good strut (Koni) , or coil-overs. )

This is the color that got me! Red was pretty much my second pick. I also like the BRZ blue pearl, but then I heard stories of scratches/ swirl marks really showing up on that color.

Thanks again for everyone putting on a good show here. I'll do my best to contribute from time to time, as best as I can. I come from Scion-Life, as I've owned a white manual xA since new, as that is my daily commuter M-F. So in terms of MPG, hypermilling …. I know the ins/outs of how to get the most MPG out of your vehicle.
Adam_L is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam_L For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (05-15-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 12:17 AM   #170
SosaR

Drives: 2016 FRS Release Series 2.0
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Damn well this makes my manual even rarer than I thought
SosaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:05 AM   #171
Vivos71

Drives: R.S. 2.0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I had to order mine in as a manual, if there are less standards than auto out there, imagine how few of the Canadian 150 there are.
Vivos71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:49 PM   #172
Datcrazyeric
gotta go slower

Drives: 2014 FR-S
If anyone is looking for the TRD wheel's part # its PTR20-18160-BK.

No restriction on them so order them up!
Old 05-16-2016, 08:41 PM   #173
maccam26

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S Release 2.0 #856
At $375/piece, I'll try not to curb damage mine ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maccam26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maccam26 For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (05-20-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 07:47 PM   #174
Adam_L

Drives: '16 FR-S RS2 MT, '06 xA Polar MT
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
it is called Lunar Storm. it is lighter than the khaki toyota pick up trucks you see running around. Kind of like a stone color. It is really nice. in some light it looks almost cream, sometimes tan or khaki. unique for sure. The interior is just amazing. even the dealer service guy was going on and on about the leather etc. when I took it in for my nav upgrade that they threw in.
I agree. The exterior reminds of of coffee with a lot of creamer- Half-and-Half in it (when sunny out), less creamer when over-cast, darker conditions!! Forgetabout pasteurized -Homogenized milk / creamer, always reach for the 1/2 and 1/2 , it's more nutritious but has a shorter shelf life!
Adam_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #175
thatchmaster

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_L View Post
I agree. The exterior reminds of of coffee with a lot of creamer- Half-and-Half in it (when sunny out), less creamer when over-cast, darker conditions!! Forgetabout pasteurized -Homogenized milk / creamer, always reach for the 1/2 and 1/2 , it's more nutritious but has a shorter shelf life!
Looking at it in the evening, I've been seeing a bit of green in the color, almost reminding me of a bit of a pistachio mixed with concrete color.

I like.
thatchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:39 AM   #176
8pkc

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS RS 2.0
Just picked up #873 - Manual in Toronto, Canada. Please add.

Pretty cool reading that standard trans are apparently limited and since there were only 150 in Canada I wonder how many were manual.

Also, would appreciate some suggestions. New to the car game so don't bash too hard..

- Not a fan of the OEM tail lights so debating between Buddy Clubs which I've wanted for a very long time or the new sequential Valentis. Thoughts?

- Exhaust? Never had a custom exhaust before, looking to spend around $2k with installation service included. Any suggestions appreciated.

8pkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:04 AM   #177
DrawingWaves

Drives: RS 1.0 #633
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pkc View Post
Just picked up #873 - Manual in Toronto, Canada. Please add.

Pretty cool reading that standard trans are apparently limited and since there were only 150 in Canada I wonder how many were manual.

Also, would appreciate some suggestions. New to the car game so don't bash too hard..

- Not a fan of the OEM tail lights so debating between Buddy Clubs which I've wanted for a very long time or the new sequential Valentis. Thoughts?

- Exhaust? Never had a custom exhaust before, looking to spend around $2k with installation service included. Any suggestions appreciated.
All I'll tell you is I had Buddy Club for 2.5 years. One of them went out after 1/2 year, had to mail them to Buddy Club and they mailed me a new one. After about a year on the car the plastic inside outlining the shape of the taillights started to "melt" and deform. It looked ok from a car length but up close you could see the outlines were off. From what I know it's a common issue. I expected them to be better for $500. Valentis Revo 3 look cool in person, don't know how they are quality wise. As far as exhausts and exhaust system goes, ft86speedfactory has some nice products. Hope that helped!
Old 05-20-2016, 12:48 PM   #178
number_Un0

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 series #0001
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I actually saw one yesterday in the San Fernando area filing up e85 at the station down there. He was lowered, had rpf1's, Velox rear diffuser, and valenti's. Funny thing is he had Hamer toyota plates and he was wearing the uniform the Technicians were. Not sure if it was his car or a customer.
number_Un0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:38 PM   #179
8pkc

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS RS 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrawingWaves View Post
All I'll tell you is I had Buddy Club for 2.5 years. One of them went out after 1/2 year, had to mail them to Buddy Club and they mailed me a new one. After about a year on the car the plastic inside outlining the shape of the taillights started to "melt" and deform. It looked ok from a car length but up close you could see the outlines were off. From what I know it's a common issue. I expected them to be better for $500. Valentis Revo 3 look cool in person, don't know how they are quality wise. As far as exhausts and exhaust system goes, ft86speedfactory has some nice products. Hope that helped!
@DrawingWaves, very helpful! I think you talked me out of the Buddy Clubs cause I'm about 50/50 between them and Valentis, and knowing the BC's are relatively old now I think I'll go with the new Valentis. Plus, their more than $200 cheaper :P

Also, would order from speedfactory only thing I'm not sure how much shipping to Canada and whatnot would be. We have a local one in Ontario here that's pretty good called FT86Motorsports I was thinking of order from with a variety of selection so I'll likely order off them. Any suggestions on which brand? I was listening to them via Youtube videos and whatnot but I know that never really does it justice unless your sound output is prestine. Was leaning towards the Invidia N1 or a Borla though.

In addition, not really feeling these so called Prius tires and wanna slap on some Michelin PSS. Not even sure if they fit these TRD rims but if there are other suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!
8pkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:44 PM   #180
DrawingWaves

Drives: RS 1.0 #633
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pkc View Post
@DrawingWaves, very helpful! I think you talked me out of the Buddy Clubs cause I'm about 50/50 between them and Valentis, and knowing the BC's are relatively old now I think I'll go with the new Valentis. Plus, their more than $200 cheaper :P

Also, would order from speedfactory only thing I'm not sure how much shipping to Canada and whatnot would be. We have a local one in Ontario here that's pretty good called FT86Motorsports I was thinking of order from with a variety of selection so I'll likely order off them. Any suggestions on which brand? I was listening to them via Youtube videos and whatnot but I know that never really does it justice unless your sound output is prestine. Was leaning towards the Invidia N1 or a Borla though.

In addition, not really feeling these so called Prius tires and wanna slap on some Michelin PSS. Not even sure if they fit these TRD rims but if there are other suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!
Yeah try out Valentis! I might go that route as well soon.

As far as exhaust i meant the ft86speedfactory exhaust. They make their own and the whole system is pretty damn good. I also like the Greddy EVO GT one, but that's my personal taste. I heard great things about Inividia and Borla so can't go wrong with either one.

You should be able to find some PSS tires that fit the wheels with no problem.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:56 PM   #181
NyC Zn6

Drives: 10 Series #974 6m/t
Thanked 1,141 Times in 669 Posts
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
so who is swapping out there wheels for upgraded set?
NyC Zn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:42 AM   #182
michaelchatten

Drives: 2016 FR-S RS 2.0
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

New to here but just bought #303 about 2 weeks ago. Love the car and feel I was able to get a decent price for it. 2K off MSRP. Only thing I wish it had was navigation.

Last edited by michaelchatten; 05-21-2016 at 08:01 PM.
michaelchatten is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to michaelchatten For This Useful Post:
thatchmaster (05-23-2016)