follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #155
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,997 Times in 11,400 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by empower-auto View Post
Stock wheels and tires. Cheap cheap cheap...

At the dealership we sat next to a tC that had better rollers on it. Too bad.

I guess you'd have to define "cheap". We can disagree about the wheels (which are very light for a stock pair) but the Primacy tires sell for like $250 a piece!
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #156
smbrm

Drives: Scion FRS Ht Lva(AT)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeladdict View Post
Minor gripe; Red seat accents on a Hot Lava vehicle; serious colour mismatch. Other Scion Hot Lava rides have interior colour matched to exterior. Plain black seats would have been more appropriate.
I agree, but the inside is the inside and the outside is the outside! All you can do is gnore it, it won't go away so just be glad it matches the stitching! I would have made them orange!! But then would I need orange dash lights?
smbrm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smbrm For This Useful Post:
wheeladdict (06-19-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #157
DSPographer

Drives: '13 BRZ Lmtd
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My gripes about my BRZ are:

The seatbelt cutting into my neck: which the loop on the seat doesn't really help.

My NAV unit mostly has no clue where I am. The satellite page can show 4 solid red bars labelled with satellite numbers for many minutes without them turning green and updating the position. This makes no sense since 4 GPS satellites is enough for a complete position lock. Maybe my unit needs fixing but occasionally it does lock and then it works fine. I suppose I could just put my phone in a windshield mount and use its nav, but that seems silly for a car with nav built in. [EDIT] The dealer fixed the Nav unit and now it works fine.

Last edited by DSPographer; 08-28-2012 at 08:11 AM.
DSPographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #158
Davyator

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
https://www.facebook.com/video/video...22671894465790

Is anyone else hearing the chirping birds or grasshoppers? What are you guessing is wrong?
Davyator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #159
chadz

Drives: 2013 brz limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Does anybody have experience with these seatbelt clips?
http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/9367816/
chadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #160
konichiwaa-B

Drives: 2013 FRS - whiteout
Garage
I hate the fact that if I set something down on the passenger seat after the car has started the "airbag on" sign will go on and the seat belt warning will sound until I either turn off the car or latch the passenger belt. And I'm talking about something that weighs only 5 lbs.
konichiwaa-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to konichiwaa-B For This Useful Post:
MarkRacerX (06-20-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #161
fluffy-reindeer-slayer

Drives: fr-s and tc2
Ive had the fr-s since thursday I work for toyota here in texas,toyota motor manufacturing not a dealership. here is a compilation of items I have found to dislike so far.
1.the Bespoke knob on for volume is also the power button for the radio if passenger or driver is trying to adjust volume with a sudden stop,bump,or distraction, It tends just to turn of the dang radio. I have done it once and my passenger has constantly turned of the radio on accident. these two should not be combined into one button in my opinion.

2.uppon inspection of my frs I found the 3rd brake light was disconected when I opened the trunk.

3.I got my fr-s at about 11 pm drove it home with so much exitment,I didnt to the best inspetion of paint or exterior in the world.it came off the trailor, and I got it,it had no time to sit in a showroom or people to touch it other than the dealer guys. the next day I washed it and noticed a small scratch on the rear bumper and a 4-5 inch scuff mark on the front r/h side bumper.i was pretty upset about that.

4.also noticed the black plastic behind the rear wheel (inner splash guard) has no black clips holing it in place on both right and left sides. holes are there but noting in them. black clips are in all proper places on the rest of the car.i dont know if it doesnt come with them or mine are just missing but it definatley can cause unwanted noise and rattle.you can freeley push in the splash guard in and out of place.

5. rear bumper where back up lights are does feel a little loose and flimsey.

6.is it me or are the crome door handles just a bit out of place.(just my opinion)

7.I found verious scratches on the I/P (instroment panel) and where the cup holder should be lots of scratches around the 12v plug.

8.I dont like that there is no way to open the trunk without either the key or bening inside the car, it would have been nice to see something like the tc2 has where you can just pop the hood right over the licence plate.

9.if on an incline my drivers side door does not stay open, prop must not be working correctley because it will just close if I dont hold it open with my leg.

10. buzzer for the key fob(remote keyless entry) is wayyyyyyy to low you cant even here it. I always have to double, and tripple check if the darn thing is locked. I have owned 3 late model toyota vehicles and they all have the same beep. exept for this one.

well thats all for today I love the car I just see that these things were rushed out the door and attention to quality suffered,I believe a large sqa should be conducted on all vehicles before being shipped out on such an anticipated vehile launch. bad toyota on your part.
fluffy-reindeer-slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #162
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,997 Times in 11,400 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by konichiwaa-B View Post
I hate the fact that if I set something down on the passenger seat after the car has started the "airbag on" sign will go on and the seat belt warning will sound until I either turn off the car or latch the passenger belt. And I'm talking about something that weighs only 5 lbs.
There's a couple of threads on this (here's one). Turns out the sensor doesn't use weight (my Droid X sets it off, but something much heavier does not).
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #163
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy-reindeer-slayer View Post
8.I dont like that there is no way to open the trunk without either the key or bening inside the car, it would have been nice to see something like the tc2 has where you can just pop the hood right over the licence plate.
From when I test drove the FR-S--there is a rear trunk latch button. Please look again.

Also, grammar.
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HunterGreene For This Useful Post:
EsoBOFH (06-27-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #164
Pbrown

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven
Thanked 1,322 Times in 658 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
From when I test drove the FR-S--there is a rear trunk latch button. Please look again.

Also, grammar.
I believe there is a place to unlock the trunk with the key just above the license plate underneath the lip. I am not a fan of the seatbelt retention strap. keeps coming undone everytime my son gets in the back seat. Plus I hate every time I have to get out of the car. It's a great place to be.
Pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #165
fluffy-reindeer-slayer

Drives: fr-s and tc2
i know my grammar sucks, lol. I was also laying in bed with my woman telling me to stop complaining on the computer. thats a story for another day.

yes, you have to fold the rear seats down from the trunk, not from the inside the vehicle like most cars.
fluffy-reindeer-slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #166
YoshiMike13

Drives: None yet :(
the fake front quarter vent on the brz should be real, IMO. I love the car othertwise
Old 06-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #167
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Drives: '18 MX-5 Club
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
The only thing I don't like is the weird noise it makes when I engine brake at below 2k rpm in 1st-3rd gears. The rattling noise that sounds like it has a loose heat shield.

Last edited by Sigh-on-Rice; 06-20-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Sigh-on-Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #168
apexaddict

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Yes. The volumn knob on the radio does not seem to change the volume playing with BT-Audio. Works fine with BT-Hands Free and USB.
Not sure if anyone else has figured this out yet, but this has to do with your phone, not the car.

I see above you have a Droid X... I have a rooted Galaxy Nexus and I figured out that only certain ROMs would allow the Bluetooth on the phone to properly mate to the head unit. When it's working correctly, it should say "Streaming Audio" under the "BTA" and you should be able to adjust volume.

If you aren't rooted, maybe now is the time to do it.
#14 STX Scion FR-S - powered by Stranoparts and Moto-East
apexaddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ha ha!, hate, playerhatersball, potatopants