follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 05-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #141
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermassive View Post
Christmas tree color? Also I was building cars with engine bays color coordinated before Fast and Furious was a twinkle in the directors eyes.
So you should know that you rarely ever get your money back when you sell a car? let alone a car that was released not long ago, revving to 9k rpm and heavily modified according to your taste.

Quote:
I live in a state in country that doesn't get all butt hurt by such things I wanted to make the engine look more interesting than the bland black box that comes standard.
Not butt hurt, it just limits your market.

Quote:
I guess theres always someone who doesn't get a particular aspect of How you modified a car.
This is just how it is.

Quote:
A car is, in essence an extension of the personality of the person.
Indeed, there aren't many of you in this world though.

Quote:
I love this car, but it's time to move on to the next project, and maybe the next car will make me want to keep it.
You also don't strike me as a car enthusiast.

In any case, just my opinion as well as some learning from previous experiences. All that matter is that you find the right person.
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #142
Supermassive

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Garage
Im selling because I want something else. I guess you could say that I am finally at a point in my life where I can afford a pure sports car. The FRS is fine, I managed to get the traction dialed in when I swapped the softer spring rate springs that come on KW front coilovers to the rear and vice versa. I enjoy driving the car as well. I just feel like I want to move to something else.

Its so funny how people can say I am not an enthusiast because I am moving on to a better car. I had the same thing happen when I moved from my WSBK motor swapped CBR1000RR to an Aprilia RSV4. The CBR was a blast but the Apriliamis what I had wanted for a very long time. Same goes for the FRS, I like the car but its not even a blip on my radar as far as cars I have dreamed of owning. I never fell in love with the FRS. I enjoyed working on it, driving it, and taking care of it, but it was never more than a fun car to me. Sure the Vette may be exactly the same for me, but I wont know if I dont try. One day I'll own my real dream car but until I can afford it I will have to settle on other cars, and will likely find a few that I do love. My Aprilia was a perfect example of something I loved, but Imsold her because riding a motorcycle in Phoenix is not the most fun, not to mention that all the tracks out here are crap. It killed me to sell it, and to help me forget about my bike I spent a ton of money on the FRS. If I have to part the FRS out it will be kinda sad, but it wont devastate me.

We'll see what comes of my pending efforts to sell hopefully I can find someone who wants a fully kitted out FRS...stranger things have happened. As for the N/A FRS that sold for $40k, Vivid racing sold their shop car for that much, and they had vids of them hooning it in a baseball stadium parking lot...so there is still a little hope for me.
Supermassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #143
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Care to share what pure sport car you are thinking of ?
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #144
Floggin Tires

Drives: ZC6, Junk of ALL sorts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmsAlSuwaidi View Post
Quote:
Sure the Vette may be exactly the same for me, but I wont know if I dont try.
Maybe a Vette?
Thats what I got out of it.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #145
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
That is a good guess. I sure hope he is getting a C6 Z06 and not the C7. I owned a C6 Z06, and that is when I realized that having that much power really isn't all that fun on the street.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #146
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
I know I will be selling my BRZ next year, so I am definitely interested to see how the process of selling your FR-S goes.
Why bother turbocharging it then? I don't understand...
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:32 AM   #147
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Because I felt that is what the car needed. I always modify my cars although I have never modified one as much as the BRZ. Will I lose money on the deal, sure, but it was worth the enjoyment of installing the new parts and using them. I get bored easily, and this turbo kit has helped me stay entertained.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #148
Scionshaun
Aloha!

Drives: Whiteout
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
such a beauty!
Attached Images

Scionshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #149
Supermassive

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmsAlSuwaidi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floggin Tires View Post
Maybe a Vette?
Thats what I got out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
That is a good guess. I sure hope he is getting a C6 Z06 and not the C7. I owned a C6 Z06, and that is when I realized that having that much power really isn't all that fun on the street.
Im likely going with the 2014 Corvette Stingray, the C6Z06 does nothing for me to be honest, the power is wonderful, the car is a performer, but the car as a whole didnt appeal to me. The C7 however has latched onto my brain and heart and isnt letting go. I wont wait for the C7 Z06 because I want to save the $15k I would spend extra on one on some bits for the stock C7 like a nice Ohlins or Penske suspension setup, some decent wheels and tires (oh how I wish I could justify HREs), and some random bits and pieces here and there. An FI solution may be in the cards, but I doubt I would go beyond 550whp if I decide to go that route at all. The car will most likely stay stock for a bit while I let the aftermarket pan out a bit. I could be motivated to mod sooner if some companies offered to use my car for prototyping but I'm not gonna actively seek those opportunities out.

I also foresee a motorcycle in my not too distant future so I will likely blow a wad on that too...I have a certain affinity towards bikes made in Italy...and I havent owned an 1199 yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Turbocharging a car and selling it isnt as bad as it sounds, to be honest I have the money to be able to swap cars like this, Im not Ferrari baller status but I can own nice toys in the under $75k range. I build up cars to do the work on them and to get my hands dirty...its my happy place, even more than being behind the wheel. I just enjoy the work. When I feel like Ive done enough to a car I will likely move on...its just how I function.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Supermassive For This Useful Post:
pmccut (06-27-2013), SmsAlSuwaidi (05-19-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #150
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
Turbocharging a car and selling it isnt as bad as it sounds, to be honest I have the money to be able to swap cars like this, Im not Ferrari baller status but I can own nice toys in the under $75k range. I build up cars to do the work on them and to get my hands dirty...its my happy place, even more than being behind the wheel. I just enjoy the work. When I feel like Ive done enough to a car I will likely move on...its just how I function.
You and I must be soul brothers. That is exactly the way I feel, and very few people understand it.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:35 AM   #151
Supermassive

Garage
So it's been a long time coming, and even longer since I've updated this thread. I have officially moved on from the FT86Club and joined the grey haired masses that own Corvettes.

I enjoyed the community here and occasionally check my PM's to make sure I can help anyone who needs it. It was fun meeting a lot of the fellow owners of the FRS and BRZ locally here in Phoenix and a few of the guys from Vegas and SoCal. I will still poke my head in these forums from time to time to see what some of the old guard are up to, but as far as being a contributor I am pretty much done.

It's safe to say that I don't miss my FRS at all though. My new mistress is better in every conceivable metric and then some. This is my new 2015 Corvette Stingray Z51:

The list of options is basically alphabet soup but I'll translate.

Z51 Performance Package includes larger slotted disc black painted Brembo brakes, dry sump oil system, stiffer springs and stabilizer bars, performance exhaust, P245/35ZR19 front and P285/30ZR20 rear tires, Black-painted aluminum, 19" front and 20" rear wheels, performance gear ratios, Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD), rear differential cooler, transmission cooling and an Aero Package

3LT - Is an interior package that upgrades all leather surfaces to Napa leather (from Mulan), leather covered door panels, dash, and center console. Heads Up Display, In Dash Navigation/Satellite Radio, Performance Data Recorder, and a bunch of other quality of life items like auto dimming mirrors, heated and cooled seats, and alcantara upper trims.

8 speed automatic transmission - honestly this tranny is fantastic, not quite PDK level but still damn fun to paddle shift and absolutely bonkers when left in auto with performance shift active.

MSRC - This is the magnetic selective ride control, a must have on a Corvette in my opinion, unless you're old. Being able to go from Tour mode soaking up road imperfections and giving a nice smooth ride for freeway cruising to dialing it to Track mode and feeling the whole car tense up. In track mode the car has almost no body roll and doesn't nose dive when stomping on the brakes. The car always squats under acceleration which is nice because it transfers weight over the rear tires for some serious acceleration, my fastest recorded 0-60 is 3.6 seconds...bone stock.

Other than those I have a few cosmetic doodads, like sill plates and premium carpets, I also got the transparent roof panel.

This is what a sportscar is supposed to be out of the box. It's so capable that I find myself giggling like a schoolgirl driving it around town. Want to take a 90 degree turn from one street to another at 45mph...no problem. This car begs to be driven fast and it's really hard to say no.

Anywho, that's where I have been and now I am working on adding a Dodge Viper GTC to my garage.

Here's some pics:

Old 07-30-2015, 12:22 PM   #152
BRZ_Kamil

Drives: Satin pearl white brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
pictures of seibon c style lip spoiler

Do you have any more pictures of the lip spoiler on your frs? thinking about getting one for my car (also white) dont know if it contrasts well with white
BRZ_Kamil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p&l motorsports, supermassive, turbo fr-s