follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List
JonMotoring

Old 08-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #14841
RedLeader

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzman View Post
Hey you guys!

Where can I get more info on autox specs/needs/tech. I am going to start this obsession with great care. I registered for the site, but there are more options thn I know what to do with.......
Start with the 2013 scca solo rule book. I'm on my phone or I'd link it. I'd say start in stock class, so look through and find the 'list' of things you're allowed to do. The az solo website has a pretty good beginners introduction and walkthrough for novices. Also figure out when one of the members here is going to go and have them help you get things sorted at the track, they can walk you through registration and tech, then do the course walk. Course walk course walk course walk!! Can't say it enough. Get a map (if they offer them) and walk the course as many times as you can, you don't want to waste comp runs getting lost. I'd personally say leave the car alone as far as mods for the first time, so you can learn to drive the car it wants to be driven then work on things you don't like, or things that cost time.

Sent from...somewhere?
RedLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedLeader For This Useful Post:
Pizzman (08-26-2013), SpyderMS (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #14842
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo4g63 View Post
Guy at work had this in his tool box for months that never got used

I cant decide which one to run lol
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #14843
Pizzman
Crap another obsession.

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeader View Post
Start with the 2013 scca solo rule book. I'm on my phone or I'd link it. I'd say start in stock class, so look through and find the 'list' of things you're allowed to do. The az solo website has a pretty good beginners introduction and walkthrough for novices. Also figure out when one of the members here is going to go and have them help you get things sorted at the track, they can walk you through registration and tech, then do the course walk. Course walk course walk course walk!! Can't say it enough. Get a map (if they offer them) and walk the course as many times as you can, you don't want to waste comp runs getting lost. I'd personally say leave the car alone as far as mods for the first time, so you can learn to drive the car it wants to be driven then work on things you don't like, or things that cost time.

Sent from...somewhere?
Yessir. Ok that's the info I needed. I will research and let you guys know my plan, so you can help me. Thanks

Last edited by Pizzman; 08-26-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Holy crap thats a big read. I may still be reading it by the time you guys autox. I will know it very well when I am finished
Pizzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #14844
RedLeader

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post
I cant decide which one to run lol
Flex fire!!

Sent from...somewhere?
RedLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #14845
Ninjin

Drives: SWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Hey you guys!

Where can I get more info on autox specs/needs/tech. I am going to start this obsession with great care. I registered for the site, but there are more options thn I know what to do with.......
Oh boy.

Where do you want to start?

For rules and classing, the SCCA Solo rulebook is of course the best reference. http://www.scca.com/solo/content.cfm?cid=44517
Some of the classing stuff gets complicated, but people who have been around a while can help you sort it out.

For a technical setup reference I like Autocross to Win, but some of the information in there really pertains to the hardcore crowd. http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets.html

But the most important thing by far is how you drive, and to improve that requires practice, practice, practice. The instructors at Phoenix region events will help you get started, and the annual driver's school in December is awesome for honing technique.
Ninjin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ninjin For This Useful Post:
chrisbfrs (08-26-2013), Pizzman (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #14846
redsuns03

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Boosted w/ JDL v2.1
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjin View Post
Oh boy.

For rules and classing, the SCCA Solo rulebook is of course the best reference. http://www.scca.com/solo/content.cfm?cid=44517
Some of the classing stuff gets complicated, but people who have been around a while can help you sort it out.

For a technical setup reference I like Autocross to Win, but some of the information in there really pertains to the hardcore crowd. http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets.html

But the most important thing by far is how you drive, and to improve that requires practice, practice, practice. The instructors at Phoenix region events will help you get started, and the annual driver's school in December is awesome for honing technique.
I might go do this actually. Especially I want to ride with you this time lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #14847
Pizzman
Crap another obsession.

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjin View Post
Oh boy.

good ol Santa is hooking me up with some coil overs and maybe a driving school for xmas then
Pizzman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pizzman For This Useful Post:
chrisbfrs (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #14848
mattles
Proud of FR Layout

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
my last year in SCCA competition (if you can call what I do competing) has been nothing but beating on the stock parts to see how fast I can be. Im fully in support of competing in the stock class, as a novice, seat time seat time seat time. Its hard to say how much faster I was at the end of last season compared to the end of the previous season, but Im willing to bet I got faster and my car is still 99.9% OEM.
Ninjin (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #14849
Evil86

Drives: Monkey-butt red FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Hey you guys!

Try www.azsolo.com

There is a bunch of info there. Also, you can ask Ninjin and me questions.
MotoEast ECUTEK tune; PPE Engineering intake, EL headers, overpipe, front pipe w/ hi-flow cat, midpipe, and single exit axle-back; GC camber plates; GC coilovers with Koni Sport (r) and Koni 8612 (f); Eibach front springs and Hypercoil rear springs; Hotchkis rear sway bar; Eibach front sway bar; Whiteline positive traction sub-frame inserts and differential support outrigger bushings; 17x9 Enkei RPF1 w/ 245 Hankooks.
Evil86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #14850
Evil86

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsuns03 View Post
I might go do this actually. Especially I want to ride with you this time lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
I'm faster. Sorry Brent, I couldn't resist,
MotoEast ECUTEK tune; PPE Engineering intake, EL headers, overpipe, front pipe w/ hi-flow cat, midpipe, and single exit axle-back; GC camber plates; GC coilovers with Koni Sport (r) and Koni 8612 (f); Eibach front springs and Hypercoil rear springs; Hotchkis rear sway bar; Eibach front sway bar; Whiteline positive traction sub-frame inserts and differential support outrigger bushings; 17x9 Enkei RPF1 w/ 245 Hankooks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evil86 For This Useful Post:
redsuns03 (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #14851
Sivtec

Drives: 12 Mitsu Evo X, 09 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
good ol Santa is hooking me up with some coil overs and maybe a driving school for xmas then
You might even want to wait to put them on. If you put coilovers on I believe this takes you out of stock class. Just FYI...

-2013 Scion Raven FR-S
-2009 Honda Green/Black CBR600RR
Sivtec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sivtec For This Useful Post:
Pizzman (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #14852
Evil86

Signed up for solo

1. Evil86 (Kevin)
2. Edgary (Edgar)
3. SpyderMS (John)

Still looking for The Sleeper, Mattles, and Ninjin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evil86 For This Useful Post:
SpyderMS (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #14853
chrisbfrs
2012 car of the year

Drives: Frontengine Reardrive-Sportcar
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
@thesleeper "you've been spotted" cards being put to use. I put one on an Asphault FRS with oem wing that was in a handicap spot at San Tan Mall other day as well. Ive actually put a bunch of these out....wander if any of them have joined?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73XZlLrf1K8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]You've been spotted ft86club.com arizona86club - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my "I don't want to talk about it".
Old 08-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #14854
Ninjin

Drives: SWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivtec View Post
You might even want to wait to put them on. If you put coilovers on I believe this takes you out of stock class. Just FYI...
Doing the Fall season (and the driver's school in early Dec) in stock class should give you a really good idea of what you want to do with the car. Hopefully in time to write a letter to Santa. :P

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4
Ninjin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arizona, fr-s, mesa, phoenix, scion, tucson, we need a subforum