follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #141
4Running Daily

Drives: 1996 Toyota 4Runner
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirker View Post
This 100 times. I don't know what it is, but I can't stand the thought of walking out to my driveway every morning and thinking "damn, I drive an ugly car." Then again, I abhor hatchbacks in general
Gross
Name:  images-1.jpeg
Views: 246
Size:  10.5 KB
4Running Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #142
BlueDubbinTDI

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2012 MCS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Get a GTI. I feel like going from a lifted truck to this would be too much of a culture shock.
BlueDubbinTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #143
4Running Daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDubbinTDI View Post
Get a GTI. I feel like going from a lifted truck to this would be too much of a culture shock.
Too expensive. And screw refinement. Haha
Old 06-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #144
BadMoon

Drives: 2014 GLI Autobahn/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4png View Post
Age does not define maturity
I disagree. It's documented that the human brain treats risk far differently at age 25 and under. So yes, age does define maturity. Unless you know something the rest of the experts don't. Please enlighten us.
BadMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #145
BlueDubbinTDI

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2012 MCS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post
Too expensive. And screw refinement. Haha
The base model is just as expensive as a base FR-S. Better engine and interior. Worse handling and FWD. Go test drive 1 and you'll want it. Free maintenance for 3yrs/36k too.
BlueDubbinTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #146
4Running Daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDubbinTDI View Post
The base model is just as expensive as a base FR-S. Better engine and interior. Worse handling and FWD. Go test drive 1 and you'll want it. Free maintenance for 3yrs/36k too.
I've test driven it 3 times. 1st time Manual, 2nd DSG, 3rd Manual. Hated all of them. There reliability sucks too. If I go FWD, I will go with the best FWD has to offer, the Focus ST. Maintenance isn't an issue because I can do everything myself.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #147
p4png

Drives: frs
Ability to treat risk does not define maturity. I agree there is a strong correlation however there are people that are mature at a young age and older people who act childishly due to their experiences. Also just cause an expert says something is true doesn't necessarily mean it is. That would be bias. Did you critically appraise the evidence? Or just took it as a fact based off a website? The brain is always changing so technically it is never fully developed.

From Wikipedia, not the best source but a good starting point. "In psychology, maturity is the ability to respond to the environment in an appropriate manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctive, and is not determined by one's age."

I hope you have been enlightened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMoon View Post
I disagree. It's documented that the human brain treats risk far differently at age 25 and under. So yes, age does define maturity. Unless you know something the rest of the experts don't. Please enlighten us.

Last edited by p4png; 06-07-2013 at 12:39 AM.
p4png is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #148
davidchoi

Drives: BRZ - White Satin
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I got a BRZ for my graduation gift and I've been responsible with it. I used it as a daily to school and it was fine. I'm still in my break in period so I've been responsible it.
davidchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to davidchoi For This Useful Post:
4Running Daily (06-07-2013)
Old 06-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #149
4Running Daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidchoi View Post
I got a BRZ for my graduation gift and I've been responsible with it. I used it as a daily to school and it was fine. I'm still in my break in period so I've been responsible it.
I'm thinking road to trip to Colorado to get through that break in period.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #150
Whitigir
Banned

Drives: 450 awhp twin turbo vr4
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Ability to treat risk does not define maturity. I agree there is a strong correlation however there are people that are mature at a young age and older people who act childishly due to their experiences. Also just cause an expert says something is true doesn't necessarily mean it is. That would be bias. Did you critically appraise the evidence? Or just took it as a fact based off a website? The brain is always changing so technically it is never fully developed.

From Wikipedia, not the best source but a good starting point. "In psychology, maturity is the ability to respond to the environment in an appropriate manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctive, and is not determined by one's age."

I used to argue against age and maturity before 27. But now i am much older, looking back as to what i see, the older you are, the more mature you become.

Maturity has nothing to do with ages in general, a 16 year old can be as mature as a 30 year old. But that 21 year old will be even much more mature at 30 year old
Whitigir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #151
lionbacker54

Drives: 2013 WR Blue 6MT BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=4Running Daily;986713]I hate the way they look and it's still a focus. Not a fan of american made cars.

would it change your mind to know that this iteration of the ford focus was designed and produced initially just for europe? it was only brought over here because it was so overwhelmingly successful there (in fact, europe's #1 car). it's funny because here we have a bias against american cars, yet in europe the name "ford" carries respect and cache.
lionbacker54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:23 AM   #152
BadMoon

Drives: 2014 GLI Autobahn/Nav
Quote:

You must be under 25.
BadMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #153
jaime3

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
got mine at 18 but im a responsible driver and ADULT. im not doing anything stupid with it. my advice, since i just got it about 2 months ago, is to buy one yourself. it will keep you from doing anything dumb that cud potentially mess up your car or life. plus it will give you more satisfaction that its legally yours and youre gnna want to take car of it like crazy. but some news that you dont want to here, if its your parents that you are going to ask, you better convince them, if they say no, then you are probably not ready and they will tell you that. best thing to do if you want it is to just be independent and responsible enough to buy one.
jaime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #154
Whitigir
Banned

Drives: 450 awhp twin turbo vr4
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMoon View Post
You must be under 25.
I thought so too....LOL
Whitigir is offline   Reply With Quote