follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List
Crosscharge, go_a_way1, MisterSheep, poudre

Old 04-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #1849
Boris Badenov

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I gave my car her first wash on my driveway. As I was drying it, I felt a bunch of eyes looking at me. I looked up and saw a family in an Altima admiring my BRZ. The dad said he'd never seen anything like it and asked what it was. I told him it was a Subaru and it was a new model. The mom kept saying it was pretty. We chatted a bit and then the family drove off.
Boris Badenov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #1850
Drofnum

Drives: CBS Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganthrithor View Post
I drove my car for about seven and a half hours today. Put another ~250mi on it-- just shy of 750mi on the clock now.

This car is completely ridiculous. As the miles creep up I'm working the car a little harder-- last time I went out for some long weekend drives it was mostly openish side-highways that run along the feet of the mountains here in Denver. Today I went and tried some slightly more technical stuff up in the mountains themselves (it's been really warm here for the past few days and all the roads are nice and dry).

I cannot believe how much fun this car is given that I'm only getting to use half the engine. Holy crap. The handling is fantastic-- my only complaint (other than that going uphill at highway speeds at 9k+ feet while staying under 4k rpm is hard sometimes) is that it feels like there's a little more slop in the drivetrain than I would really like. I think I'll get a diff brace and some stiffer motor mounts just to make the throttle response a little more instantaneous. Other than that this car blows me away.

I found a little section of road that narrowed to 1.5 lanes (no markings) and was covered in dirt here and there. The car is so nicely balanced, it just wants to swish through every little hairpin. It's fantastic.

I think I'll do a similar thing tomorrow, then maybe schedule an oil / trans fluid change for sometime this week: break 1k, get rid of the metal shavings etc. Then it'll be time to have even more fun (incredibly!).

I'm in such a good mood right now-- so glad I chose this car. It's perfect. Can't wait to replace some bushings and put an unresonated Milltek on it: it's gonna be epic.
I went out to Colorado and did Independence/Loveland pass last October, was a lot of fun driving it with my friend in his Miata. Being able to go over 4k RPM really helps when you're that high up too.
Drofnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #1851
Ganthrithor

Drives: '13 BRZ, '06 997, Other Things(TM)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post
Wait you drove 7 and a half hours and only put 250 miles in that timeframe? You must drive slow or something haha O.O
Well I was out for 7.5 hrs. Stopped for lunch, stopped for gas, and stopped another time to stretch my legs. But wasn't going super fast either-- a lot of the roads were 30-45mph zones.
Ganthrithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #1852
jack43

Drives: Sterling Silver BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
"Once we get out of the torque dip here, you'll need diapers too."
Attached Images

jack43 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jack43 For This Useful Post:
Burrcold (04-28-2013), Ganthrithor (04-28-2013), ProjectD (04-28-2013), sklimo (04-28-2013)
Old 04-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #1853
Ganthrithor

Drives: '13 BRZ, '06 997, Other Things(TM)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack43 View Post
"Once we get out of the torque dip here, you'll need diapers too."
"My only gripe about the BRZ is that I have to stand up and lean over to use the head unit. Come on, Subaru."

In other news, went for a short drive today:

Here Be a Map

Added 45 more miles, introduced BRZ to its first unimproved road

Car slides around very nicely.

Last edited by Ganthrithor; 04-28-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Ganthrithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #1854
mush

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 Series #81 of 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganthrithor View Post
"My only gripe about the BRZ is that I have to stand up and lean over to use the head unit. Come on, Subaru."

In other news, went for a short drive today:

Here Be a Map

Added 45 more miles, introduced BRZ to its first unimproved road

Car slides around very nicely.
im jealous, bunch of straight roads in houston
mush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #1855
Rinzler

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I just pushed her hard from 1st and well into 2nd. I noticed the stability control light flashing on and off intermittently as I sped up. The roads aren't great around here. Is that normal? (6000+ RPM).

I keep worrying that for some reason the shifter might be getting caught in the wrong spot and that somehow would trigger the traction control light (or stability control light, it has the car swerving). I've grinded it twice (to my knowledge) lightly so I'm always paranoid, but if you do that, would the stability control light coming on be a sure sign or is it probably because the road I'm on has patches and uneven?

Last edited by Rinzler; 04-28-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #1856
BRZ283

Drives: 2013 subaru BRZ Limited
Tinted my tail lights last night!

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RW6KbTq9xOM"]2013 FRS / BRZ: How To Tint Your Taillights - YouTube[/ame]
BRZ283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #1857
Budo

Drives: BRZ
Today, I changed the oil at 130 miles; I was going to change it at 20, but yesterday, when I took possession of the car I had too much fun driving. And then it was dark. While I changed the oil I also replaced the nut with a quick valve. Pretty cool piece of kit.

On another note, I completely agree with Ganthrithor in his post above, "I cannot believe how much fun this car is given that I'm only getting to use half the engine." The amount of speed this car can carry through corners is stellar. All the talk of people going FI, had me considering it; now I think I'm going to wait and see just how much more power I really do want. Who knows?

Cheers,

Budo
Budo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #1858
Marcoscrdo

Drives: 13' DGM Built FBM BRZ
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budo View Post
Today, I changed the oil at 130 miles; I was going to change it at 20, but yesterday, when I took possession of the car I had too much fun driving. And then it was dark. While I changed the oil I also replaced the nut with a quick valve. Pretty cool piece of kit.

On another note, I completely agree with Ganthrithor in his post above, "I cannot believe how much fun this car is given that I'm only getting to use half the engine." The amount of speed this car can carry through corners is stellar. All the talk of people going FI, had me considering it; now I think I'm going to wait and see just how much more power I really do want. Who knows?

Cheers,

Budo
What does going "F1" mean sounds like super sayian
Marcoscrdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #1859
mush

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 Series #81 of 2500
Quote:

Cheers,

Budo

im just wondering, why change the oil so quick?
mush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #1860
SliverBrz

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoscrdo View Post
What does going "F1" mean sounds like super sayian
forced induction
SliverBrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #1861
Budo

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mush View Post
im just wondering, why change the oil so quick?
It's just my personal preference.

Budo
Budo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #1862
BRZfan

Drives: 2013BRZ Premium St Silver Metallic
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Using the term "personal preference" is just a way of sometimes, but not all, expressing a point to just being indifferent to something or some other statement - indifference.

Many of us have a propensity for a variety of reasons to add things to our cars even though it may not be useful or logical.

In forums such as this one I have found that car owners have added or modified something to their BRZs and, based upon the aftermarket supplier advertising, later find out it wasn't what it was expected to be.

Quote:
It's just my personal preference.

Budo
BRZfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
+20 hp, :popcorn:, bragging because we can, brz driving master race, brz whore, damn daniel, dirty frs peasants, fart can, how to waste energy, how to waste money, how to waste time, i like turtles, lazy mods, many tagz, omg pages are fixed…, outlawstar98isanoob, pages are fucked up, pages still fucked, ricers, riflewuzhere