follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 02-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #43
sw20kosh

Drives: 2013 Black FR-S
Thanked 2,014 Times in 990 Posts
Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
SO these plates don't work with RCE yellow springs? =( Wish I had more ways to adjust camber.
sw20kosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #44
GregV

Drives: Kia Stinger GT2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage

Bumping for a great product backed by excellent customer service
GregV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GregV For This Useful Post:
GC_Adam (04-01-2013)
Old 04-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #45
GC_Adam

Drives: '08 Impreza, 03 SV1000S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDKane527 View Post
Are the camber plates compatible with the Racecomp Engineering Tarmac Coilovers?
Yes
GC_Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GC_Adam For This Useful Post:
JDKane527 (11-26-2013)
Old 04-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #46
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Drives: Perrin/VORTECH Supercharger TestBRZ
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
I'm loving my GC stuff, @GC_Adam, I read there was a fix you guys did to make the hats capable of more camber tho earlier in this thread?

My custom blue anno hats only give me 2.5 degrees, while thats fine for street, I may need more for r-comps.

what do you suggest?
btw, the new springs you sent feel ABSOLUTELY great, I have been playing with my heights and have it to as far as I think I can get without some scales and professional help
great kit, I've been working on the front to rear bias-anything you can share there, or anyone else wanna chime in?
Huehuecoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #47
GC_Adam

Drives: '08 Impreza, 03 SV1000S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
I'm loving my GC stuff, @GC_Adam, I read there was a fix you guys did to make the hats capable of more camber tho earlier in this thread?

My custom blue anno hats only give me 2.5 degrees, while thats fine for street, I may need more for r-comps.
what do you suggest?
You have the updated housings. When you go R-comp. then we'll talk about changing the springs to compensate for the added grip the new tires will produce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
btw, the new springs you sent feel ABSOLUTELY great, I have been playing with my heights and have it to as far as I think I can get without some scales and professional help
great kit, I've been working on the front to rear bias-anything you can share there, or anyone else wanna chime in?
Good to hear on the springs, and as for the F-R bias its hard to say without getting a corner weight. I know not what you wanted to hear, but you can only fine tune so much before you need special equipment to microtune.

Thanks again :happy0180:,

A
GC_Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #48
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Drives: Perrin/VORTECH Supercharger TestBRZ
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
yeah, I hear you, time to ante up the bucks for scale time. thx!
Huehuecoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #49
neurokinetik

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Just got done installing my caster/camber plates (I am running KW V3s for suspension), and here are my initial thoughts:

• I like that both caster and camber are easily independently adjusted.
  • These use their own top spring perches, so no need for conical washers.
  • The thrust bearings I've seen posted elsewhere to prevent spring binding when steering are incorporated and recessed into the top of the spring perches, and also have a small seal to keep the crud out. Very pleased to see this!
  • I gained about 3/8" of suspension travel over previous setup with the Whiteline mounts and conical washers.
  • Installation is a bit trickier than a normal bottom-mount plate, but I expected this anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. It would be a bigger deal if I had a suspension that did not use helper springs (for which a couple of zip-ties make good spring compressors, lol).
  • I'm at the middle of the camber adjustment range and have pretty close to three degrees as it sits right now (maxed out on the slots on the KWs). It is nice to have the flexibility to adjust in both directions, and I now will finally be able to get both sides even.
  • Time will tell on the quality, but strictly from a looks standpoint, they look to be VERY nice pieces. Wish I had gone to these from the beginning.
  • I passed on the strut tower brace, and opted only for the caster/camber plates.
Attached Images

Last edited by neurokinetik; 08-16-2013 at 08:18 PM.
neurokinetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #50
mike the snake

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I have a set of ST coilovers coming next week. These are made by KW and are similar to their V1 model.

I'm not planning on going with a bunch of camber, and I believe these coilovers do not come with camber plates as some other brands. I believe these use the stock rubber upper mounts.

If I find that I want more camber, will your camber plates work with the ST coilovers?

Also, I had Ground Control camber plates on my old car, a BMW 135i, and they were noisy. It really really annoyed me, and I'm wondering if I go with more camber and camber plates, will I have to live with the clunking and rattling on my BRZ?

I was told the noise was something that couldn't be avoided because the pillow balls always wear and get noisy over time.
mike the snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:05 PM   #51
whiskerbox

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I am also curious if the camber plates and strut bar work with ST coilovers.
whiskerbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #52
autoXracer

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Any updates? How are the GC camber plates holding up with KW's on a daily driven car? What Caster setting do you end up with?

Last edited by autoXracer; 03-11-2014 at 10:16 PM.
autoXracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #53
autoXracer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurokinetik View Post
Just got done installing my caster/camber plates (I am running KW V3s for suspension), and here are my initial thoughts:

• I like that both caster and camber are easily independently adjusted.
  • These use their own top spring perches, so no need for conical washers.
  • The thrust bearings I've seen posted elsewhere to prevent spring binding when steering are incorporated and recessed into the top of the spring perches, and also have a small seal to keep the crud out. Very pleased to see this!
  • I gained about 3/8" of suspension travel over previous setup with the Whiteline mounts and conical washers.
  • Installation is a bit trickier than a normal bottom-mount plate, but I expected this anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. It would be a bigger deal if I had a suspension that did not use helper springs (for which a couple of zip-ties make good spring compressors, lol).
  • I'm at the middle of the camber adjustment range and have pretty close to three degrees as it sits right now (maxed out on the slots on the KWs). It is nice to have the flexibility to adjust in both directions, and I now will finally be able to get both sides even.
  • Time will tell on the quality, but strictly from a looks standpoint, they look to be VERY nice pieces. Wish I had gone to these from the beginning.
  • I passed on the strut tower brace, and opted only for the caster/camber plates.
Any updates on how the GC camber plates holding up with KW's?
Old 03-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #54
neurokinetik

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
No issues, NVH or otherwise... However, I switch everything back to stock for the winter. I will be cleaning and re-lubing the Torrington and spherical bearings before reassembly... which won't be for about another month, probably.
neurokinetik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to neurokinetik For This Useful Post:
autoXracer (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #55
autoXracer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurokinetik View Post
No issues, NVH or otherwise... However, I switch everything back to stock for the winter. I will be cleaning and re-lubing the Torrington and spherical bearings before reassembly... which won't be for about another month, probably.
Thanks! I've been trying to decide if I want to install them. I already have the GC camber plates but I need to order some spacers from ground control to work with my kw v3's. I got the plates used and they were built for mcs coilovers.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:59 AM   #56
murselyfe

Drives: It's black.
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
When installed on KW V3s, does it create an additional lowering in the front? If so... how much?