follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-22-2012, 04:42 AM   #2325
USMC -FRS

Drives: 2013 FR-S. Raven 6 AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for the Advise

Thanks guys I will look into these options.
USMC -FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:55 AM   #2326
kaparmar

Drives: Toyota FT86 (A/T transmission)
Message (and car) received =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by einzlr View Post
Welcome! I think you need a minimum post count to be able to start new threads. I'd suggest participating in some of the existing conversations and if you still can't create threads after a few weeks then maybe ask one of the mods.
Thanks a lot And just as an update. I have since received my FT86 and I am in love! I am constantly looking for ideas of what I can do to make it look that little bit better!
kaparmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #2327
Lakers86

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello all!

Kevin from Long Beach, So. Cali.

I joined this forum maybe about a month, with browsing around for about 6 haha. Im still in the works of making my purchase. And debating if i should sell my current vehicle to speed up my purchase. I have a 1997 Q45/Y33.

Just wanted to get some advice, ive been browsing around the forum and i could see a variety of problems with the first batch of FR-S'. CEL light, VVT problems, rought idle etc. People that were affected by this, where there any initial issues when you test drove? Where there only a select batch of vins that were affected?

Im sure this is a use the search bar comment. Maybe if someone could point me in the right direction so i feel a little more at ease when i go ahead and pull the trigger.

Thanks!
Lakers86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #2328
Touge Driver

Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium
Hello from Lake Forest Illinois. I don't have a new 86 yet but I'm currently saving up to buy one in the future. I'm a big fan of reasonably priced FR sportscars so the 86 may be the perfect car for me.
Touge Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Touge Driver For This Useful Post:
Adam_L (02-02-2017)
Old 12-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #2329
be6sti

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers86 View Post
Hello all!

Kevin from Long Beach, So. Cali.

I joined this forum maybe about a month, with browsing around for about 6 haha. Im still in the works of making my purchase. And debating if i should sell my current vehicle to speed up my purchase. I have a 1997 Q45/Y33.

Just wanted to get some advice, ive been browsing around the forum and i could see a variety of problems with the first batch of FR-S'. CEL light, VVT problems, rought idle etc. People that were affected by this, where there any initial issues when you test drove? Where there only a select batch of vins that were affected?

Im sure this is a use the search bar comment. Maybe if someone could point me in the right direction so i feel a little more at ease when i go ahead and pull the trigger.

Thanks!
The issues have effected such a small number of people that not buying the car because of it would be silly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #2330
USMC -FRS

Drives: 2013 FR-S. Raven 6 AT
Upgrades

Thanks For the advise Be6sti. Jeremy is a great guy I bought a cold air intake aFe Takeda Dry system with the coupon code it was $305.00 delivered. Can't wait to install. Do you have any input on that choice?
USMC -FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #2331
be6sti

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC -FRS View Post
Thanks For the advise Be6sti. Jeremy is a great guy I bought a cold air intake aFe Takeda Dry system with the coupon code it was $305.00 delivered. Can't wait to install. Do you have any input on that choice?
Honestly the only performance things I have looked at are th invidia n1 and the e85 tune lol. But as you said Jeremy is a stand up guy and very invested in helping his customers

Old 12-23-2012, 12:53 AM   #2332
lizzzard

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Hot Lava 6m
Garage
Hi
I just received my FR-S
It's such a thrill to drive it, handling is out of this world.
It looks so good, the design is remarkable.
I took the hot lava color and I'm really happy with my choice...it's perfect.
The seats are comfortable, the dash board is well made and the basic equipment is tough to beat for the price of the car!
Was worth the 2 month wait.
lizzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #2333
A5D5TRYR

Drives: FR-S 6MT Ultramarine (BeeDrill)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Finally got my FR-S. Ordered towards the end of September and picked it up on Dec 21. Of course I picked it up in the first substantial snowfall of the year but the roads were fairly clear so it wasn't too bad.

So far, the car is awesome. Feels so planted and direct. Very impressed. And I have to say I absolutely love the sound. Came from a 2010 WRX that was way too quiet but this one sounds great. I actually prefer the sound of this over the "boxer rumble" that everyone else seems to love so much.

I will likely be starting a car journal on here but it will likely be a long and moderate build. Nothing crazy.
Attached Images

A5D5TRYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #2334
ahk

Drives: pearl white gt86
Hi, everyone.
i am hakan, I'm originally from izmir, Turkey.
I am driving my new pearl white Toyota GT86 (manuel) since middle september.
Sorry for my poor English
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #2335
Lakers86

Quote:
Originally Posted by be6sti View Post
The issues have effected such a small number of people that not buying the car because of it would be silly

Sounds good. Thanks for the advice. Just being my first new car purchase, kinda need peace of mind.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #2336
be6sti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers86 View Post
Sounds good. Thanks for the advice. Just being my first new car purchase, kinda need peace of mind.
Was my first new car as well... But if you have a reputable dealer near you even if you are affected then it'll be warranty and they lee supply you with a rental. All first year production cars go through this phase the only reason it seems like a big problem is because this is an enthusiast marketed car and enthusiasts tend to hang out on forums and talk to other like minded people. For instance take the Chevy Cruze. It's got a recall out that requires modification of the plastic skid plate. By modification I mean they cut 1/3 out of the middle and screw it back on.... Which means its covering nothing.... The reason? During and oil change there was a possibility that oil would pool under the engine and catch fire.... The 86 hasn't run into major safety recalls so I think it's done all right.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #2337
Lakers86

Quote:
Originally Posted by be6sti View Post
Was my first new car as well... But if you have a reputable dealer near you even if you are affected then it'll be warranty and they lee supply you with a rental. All first year production cars go through this phase the only reason it seems like a big problem is because this is an enthusiast marketed car and enthusiasts tend to hang out on forums and talk to other like minded people. For instance take the Chevy Cruze. It's got a recall out that requires modification of the plastic skid plate. By modification I mean they cut 1/3 out of the middle and screw it back on.... Which means its covering nothing.... The reason? During and oil change there was a possibility that oil would pool under the engine and catch fire.... The 86 hasn't run into major safety recalls so I think it's done all right.

Yeah makes sense. I mean once i heard about the car i was all over it. And i guess the looking at all the posts of all the problems people were having made me second guess. And we do have some reputable dealers here in so cal. Thanks for your responses. Makes me more eager to switch to full auto and pull the trigger. haha Hopefully my next post will be "New Fr-S owner" lol
Old 12-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #2338
fb86

Drives: 2013 FR-S Hot Lava
Hello All,

Been lurking the forums for a long time and finally got my hot lava frs on Saturday! Glad to be a part of a wonderful community and the car is just a beauty. Love it!
fb86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo