follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #1989
audioenvy

Drives: 2010 Nissan GT-R
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
When he asked if I knew why I just shrugged my shoulders. He proceeded to tell me that when I shifted into 2nd gear, I spun the tires.
If that is against the law, then I've been on one hell of a bender since John tuned my car!!

Visconti tuned for E85 on Ecutek
Old 10-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #1990
JimmyMac

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2016 Miata Club
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioenvy View Post
If that is against the law, then I've been on one hell of a bender since John tuned my car!!
Yeah, it's a misdemeanor ticket for local ordnance. Local as in BFE! I'm still scratching my head as to where he was parked to see me do that! You are in NC, know any good lawyers to clear my record? lol
Old 10-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #1991
cuddefred

Drives: Black 86 GT
Too funny Glad to know that my investment in Mr Visconti is going to be well rewarded!!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #1992
cuddefred

Quote:
Damn you Visconti!! I got pulled over by the highway patrol today. My first ticket ever. When he asked if I knew why I just shrugged my shoulders. He proceeded to tell me that when I shifted into 2nd gear, I spun the tires. Yup, no speeding. My ticket says spinning tires. He also told me to just take it in to the court house and they might drop it or just pay a small fine, but don't notify the insurance company. And he put in a good word that I was cooperative. That would help in my case. haha Too funny. It's a ticket, but I'm not stressed over it. Just thought I'd share. I should of just told him "I gotta poop!"
Was this on the old corn juice?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #1993
JimmyMac

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2016 Miata Club
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddefred View Post
Was this on the old corn juice?
No, no corn juice in my part of the state....
I'm glad I just had it on sport mode. I cannot imagine how bad it would have been with traction turned off....
Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #1994
cuddefred

Quote:
Yeah, it's a misdemeanor ticket for local ordnance. Local as in BFE! I'm still scratching my head as to where he was parked to see me do that! You are in NC, know any good lawyers to clear my record? lol
Just take the road test reports in to court - tell them everyone says it is under-powered so how could you have possibly spun the wheels in such a car

Don't hold your breath though
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #1995
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Are you guys chirping in 3rd?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #1996
Memphis

Drives: Scion FantasticRoad-Sex
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
Just got another update.

If it works the way I want everyone will be getting this one
Directly from Moto-P, thought you might like this information.

Quote:
AT's hard acceleration times being a tick off the 6MT, is from slight lag in torque converter off the line in 1st (to protect it from destruction and wear/abuse), and also from longer stagger in the gear ratio (which lends to excellent fuel economy, quieter cabin, and comfort on highways for the AT. Which is a give and take that I gladly have for a city road car with full 6 speeds).
Old 10-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #1997
brichard0625

Drives: 2013 Scion Frs(Scarlet)
Shit i wudda got life in prison for the amount of times i spun my tires since the tune lol...i got videos to prove it too lol...i would actually go to court and explain that u just got the car and that your not use to the summer tires fitted on the car because they tend to lose traction and now that the weather is getting cooler the tires are not grabbing the floor like they use to and ur trying to adjust to it and that you werent fooling around. Im not a good liar best story i wud have came up with..i mean u did just get the car, tell them it was your first stick driven car and ur still getting the hang of it lol
Old 10-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #1998
BRZranger

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard0625 View Post
Shit i wudda got life in prison for the amount of times i spun my tires since the tune lol...i got videos to prove it too lol...i would actually go to court and explain that u just got the car and that your not use to the summer tires fitted on the car because they tend to lose traction and now that the weather is getting cooler the tires are not grabbing the floor like they use to and ur trying to adjust to it and that you werent fooling around. Im not a good liar best story i wud have came up with..i mean u did just get the car, tell them it was your first stick driven car and ur still getting the hang of it lol
^ do the opposite of this :confused: unless you want to look stupid in front of the judge and everyone else in the court house! Get a lawyer or pay the ticket.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRZranger For This Useful Post:
EvoXDD (10-03-2012), xjohnx (10-03-2012)
Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #1999
brichard0625

Quote:
Originally Posted by brzranger View Post
^ do the opposite of this :confused: unless you want to look stupid in front of the judge and everyone else in the court house! Get a lawyer or pay the ticket.
lol i said i was bad at lying lol....but my friends dad use to be traffic lawyer and he said that its such a dumb ticket and its an easy write up for a cop. He said he wasnt sure about how things work in nc but its a 2 point fine and if ur not going with a lawyer your best chance is to plead a lesser bargin.. i saw you said you spun in 2nd which is hard to lie about. but he said that if you had done it from a complete stop you really could have said you are learning 6spd for the first time and you can show proof that its only 2-3 months old and that your still learning how to roll the car in first gear and 97% they will drop the ticket.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #2000
BRZranger

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
lol i said i was bad at lying lol....but my friends dad use to be traffic lawyer and he said that its such a dumb ticket and its an easy write up for a cop. He said he wasnt sure about how things work in nc but its a 2 point fine and if ur not going with a lawyer your best chance is to plead a lesser bargin.. i saw you said you spun in 2nd which is hard to lie about. but he said that if you had done it from a complete stop you really could have said you are learning 6spd for the first time and you can show proof that its only 2-3 months old and that your still learning how to roll the car in first gear and 97% they will drop the ticket.
Actually, your method would work if you get some expert witnesses and evidence! I'm sure they have some deferral for first time tickets. Some people can BS anyone, but w/ a judge that's heard it all, could be fun to watch!

What was this thread all about again?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #2001
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xjohnx For This Useful Post:
brichard0625 (10-03-2012), LeavingNormal (10-03-2012)
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #2002
brichard0625

Quote:
Originally Posted by brzranger View Post
Actually, your method would work if you get some expert witnesses and evidence! I'm sure they have some deferral for first time tickets. Some people can BS anyone, but w/ a judge that's heard it all, could be fun to watch!

What was this thread all about again?
lmao lets start a thread about how crappy the tires are with this car and everyone comment something negative about the tires and he can use it as evidence in the court room lol

Closed Thread