follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #393
#3onthelist

Drives: subaru brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Austin Subaru in Texas was great to deal with, besides the wait but that is the story with every dealership. Brent the GM was very helpful. I work in sales and he knew it, so there was no bullshit about the advantages of upgrades and things of that nature. I stress this, NO MARK UP at all. MSRP out the door. I took delivery on Wed. and I love it. The only thing I am going to go back in and get added is the tint job and add on the gold plus warranty. As I recall it is a one time payment of $1240 and it would cover me up to 7 yrs 70k and can be transfered if you sell the car. If you are not modifying the car I would suggest this for one simple fact. This is the first production of the car. It has not been tested on real roads long enough to find potential flaws that might come up 3-4 years down the road. Just a suggestion and something to consider.

Last edited by #3onthelist; 08-10-2012 at 03:20 PM.
#3onthelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #394
gily25

Drives: Silica BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'll balance the good with the bad...
Center Subaru in Torrington, CT - great to work with, selling just above invoice, glad I bought here. Joe Kolosky is an awesome salesperson with true passion and knowledge for the BRZ. He told me they shipped some to CA and TX, purchase over the phone.

The bad...Suburban Subaru in Vernon, CT - My brother told me they had a white pearl and when I called after it, they were hosting an auction for the car with a fee to participate...the salesperson told me they were selling all their BRZs this way...agree with the first post it's supply/demand capitalism but what a way to be when there are unspoken for cars sitting on lots...not cool.
gily25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #395
ABQautoxer

Drives: 2021 Supra / 2022 Tundra
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan65 View Post
I dodged the deposit from both Premier Motor Cars in Santa Fe (BR-Z), and Beaver Toyota of Santa Fe (FR-S)
The reason PMC (BR-Z) should be black listed is their Used car manager.
Next time come down to Garcia Subaru in Albuquerque and talk to Josh. You'll get a fair deal all around on a Subaru. I bought my Silver BRZ limited from them and would gladly buy there again.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #396
Spartan65
USMC Veteran Semper Fi

Drives: 2010 WR Blue STi
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQautoxer View Post
Next time come down to Garcia Subaru in Albuquerque and talk to Josh. You'll get a fair deal all around on a Subaru. I bought my Silver BRZ limited from them and would gladly buy there again.
I called Garcia, and they wanted me to kick them a 1k deposit over the phone, before I even drove down. They are like Sharks and blood, they smell a buyer, and with the economy in the Red they throw all common courtesy and customer service to the wind.
As far as I care I have a Subaru / Scion = Scibaru and I bought it from a dealer that didn't add anything on I didn't feel I wanted or needed.
By the way most of the tools selling these have no Idea the technology that's built into them, their just pushing tin.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #397
ABQautoxer

Drives: 2021 Supra / 2022 Tundra
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan65 View Post
I called Garcia, and they wanted me to kick them a 1k deposit over the phone, before I even drove down. They are like Sharks and blood, they smell a buyer, and with the economy in the Red they throw all common courtesy and customer service to the wind.
As far as I care I have a Subaru / Scion = Scibaru and I bought it from a dealer that didn't add anything on I didn't feel I wanted or needed.
By the way most of the tools selling these have no Idea the technology that's built into them, their just pushing tin.
Weird, I didn't have to do any of that nor have I ever heard of that. Scion here was the same, no issues though they were less than happy when I cancelled my order but I can understand that.
Spartan65 (08-13-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #398
worfworf

Drives: Honda Odyssey, Evo X
Burlingame Subaru has

1 silver limited with diffuser and other options for 29k plus $10,000 Markup!!!
1 blue one in auto also with a bunch of options and 10k markup for a total of 39k!

Why would someone spend 40k on this car?

Also saw 2 Wrb getting delivered.

Have fun
worfworf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #399
tylerhasaphone

Drives: 2006 rsx type s
Quote:
Originally Posted by worfworf View Post
Burlingame Subaru has

1 blue one in auto also with a bunch of options and 10k markup for a total of 39k!

Have fun
Thats beyond ridiculous
tylerhasaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #400
Zaggeron

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited '10 370ZR
Quote:
Originally Posted by #3onthelist View Post
Austin Subaru in Texas was great to deal with, besides the wait but that is the story with every dealership. Brent the GM was very helpful. I work in sales and he knew it, so there was no bullshit about the advantages of upgrades and things of that nature. I stress this, NO MARK UP at all. MSRP out the door. I took delivery on Wed. and I love it. The only thing I am going to go back in and get added is the tint job and add on the gold plus warranty. As I recall it is a one time payment of $1240 and it would cover me up to 7 yrs 70k and can be transfered if you sell the car. If you are not modifying the car I would suggest this for one simple fact. This is the first production of the car. It has not been tested on real roads long enough to find potential flaws that might come up 3-4 years down the road. Just a suggestion and something to consider.
I know this is a thread for shady dealers, but I wanted to say something positive about my dealer

I too had a good experience with Austin Subaru. Picked mine up Sat the 4th. Salesman hadn't dealt much with preorders so he didn't know you could go back in to the ordering system once the options became known to further specify the order. So I didn't get my homelink mirror. But actually I'm glad he didn't do it. Since the auto-dim and the compass are valueless to me, I would have spent $300 bucks on a garage door opener . So my car was a vanilla 6mt Limited. Got MSRP and 2 yr/24K courtesy service for free. They also had their porter drive my old car down to Carmax while I followed in my BRZ when they wouldn't match the Carmax offer on my trade-in. All in all a fairly pleasant experience -- though waiting around just to go through the warranty sales pitches was kind of a drag, but you gotta expect that.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #401
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP82 View Post
Well, to be honest Southern States in Raleigh, NC is the closest dealership to me, less than 3 miles away, but they simply refused to make pre-orders because marking it up was their ultimate intention so they refused to work with me. I then went to Johnson Subaru in Cary and placed my order. The management at Southern States simply sucks for BRZ potential customers! Even if I have to wait an extra day or even a week to have my car serviced elsewhere I'll do it... I fully detest that dealership and would love to see it lose the Subaru brand. Alas, it'll never happen... So I hope they lose out with receiving only 2-3 BRZs this year... Suckers!
heh, small world. I actually picked my BRZ up from Johnson Subaru in Cary just over 3 weeks after you made your post. No preorder. Apparently they had a white limited coming in that even they didn't know about until I saw it on their website as incoming. I called placed my deposit, and was called a few days later once it arrived. I worked with Godfrey there, he was great.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #402
#3onthelist

Where you at? Around Austin or in Austin? I live south Austin but work off of Spicewood Springs and Mopac. I have not seen another yet. Quick question since I am guessing that you drive approximately around where I do. What gas mileage are you getting mpg? I am getting a little less than expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaggeron View Post
I know this is a thread for shady dealers, but I wanted to say something positive about my dealer

I too had a good experience with Austin Subaru. Picked mine up Sat the 4th. Salesman hadn't dealt much with preorders so he didn't know you could go back in to the ordering system once the options became known to further specify the order. So I didn't get my homelink mirror. But actually I'm glad he didn't do it. Since the auto-dim and the compass are valueless to me, I would have spent $300 bucks on a garage door opener . So my car was a vanilla 6mt Limited. Got MSRP and 2 yr/24K courtesy service for free. They also had their porter drive my old car down to Carmax while I followed in my BRZ when they wouldn't match the Carmax offer on my trade-in. All in all a fairly pleasant experience -- though waiting around just to go through the warranty sales pitches was kind of a drag, but you gotta expect that.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #403
Zaggeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by #3onthelist View Post
Where you at? Around Austin or in Austin? I live south Austin but work off of Spicewood Springs and Mopac. I have not seen another yet. Quick question since I am guessing that you drive approximately around where I do. What gas mileage are you getting mpg? I am getting a little less than expected.
I live in South Austin and work right at that same intersection. I keep seeing what I think is a WRB limited turn left onto spicewood springs from Woodhollow dr. Is that you?

I'm still in break-in so I'm being pretty gentle right now, but I'm getting around 29-30 MPG on my commute -- around 9 highway/7 city miles -- 16 miles one way

Edit: Actually, that can't be you I see since I've been seeing it for a month and you just got your car a week ago.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #404
#3onthelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaggeron View Post
I live in South Austin and work right at that same intersection. I keep seeing what I think is a WRB limited turn left onto spicewood springs from Woodhollow dr. Is that you?

I'm still in break-in so I'm being pretty gentle right now, but I'm getting around 29-30 MPG on my commute -- around 9 highway/7 city miles -- 16 miles one way

Edit: Actually, that can't be you I see since I've been seeing it for a month and you just got your car a week ago.
I work Spicewood Springs right before Mesa. Usually coming off of mopac. Mine is the Dark Metallic Gray Limited in the area. I guess I am not babying it as much. I have been keeping it at low rpms but had to take a run down 2222. 65 down the whole way no brakes, no fish tailing, and minimal sensation of any body roll. I felt like I could of done it at 80 if there were not any other cars on the road. I guess my avg. mpgs are a little lower since I have a few days on the more curvy roads. They appear that they are steadily going back up. I have yet to see another BRZ but there is a red fr-s that I have seen a few times off of slaughter.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #405
Zaggeron

heheh. 2222 to 360 south is my alt way home if Mopac looks jammed -- sometimes even when it isn't
Old 08-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #406
Chauntalei

Drives: Non-BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by worfworf View Post
Burlingame Subaru has

Have fun
That sounds like Serramonte Subaru, they were asking 6k markup, non-negotiable before the car had even been delivered. Absolutely ridiculous.
Chauntalei is offline   Reply With Quote